Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens Sony E
The Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG DN Art lens for Sony E-mount is a professional full-frame prime portrait lens, is 55% lighter and even better quality than before thanks to redesigned optics and weather sealing.
- Highly compact design, which is 55% smaller and even lighter than previous model
- Exceptional resolving power with crisp, sharp images even at f/1.4 aperture
- Versatile design with user-customisation barrel options
- Beautiful smooth bokeh from 11 rounded diaphragm blades and a razor sharp focal plane
- Fully compatible with advanced Sony Eye and Face phase detect AF systems
Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens Sony E Summary
Sigma has redesigned the extremely popular short telephoto prime aimed at professional portrait, wedding and event photographers with the updated 85mm f/1.4 DG DN Art lens for full-frame Sony E-mount. Quality has been improved providing superb results even at the widest f/1.4 aperture, through a completely updated optical design. Optics now include five Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements and one aspherical element together with the latest high-refractive-index glass. These help to control optical aberrations including chromatic aberration, flare and ghosting, delivering exceptionally sharp, detailed and beautifully rendered high resolution images. The 85mm f/1.4 is also 55% lighter than the previous model whilst still offering reliable weather sealing having a dust and splash-proof barrel design.
Sigma has also included a lockable and de-clickable iris ring quieter shooting or videography, as well as a customisable AFL button. The autofocus system employs a stepping motor that is optimised for both phase detect and contrast detect AF, ideal for Sony mirrorless camera users. The 85mm f/1.4 DG DN capitalises on Sony’s advanced Face/Eye AF and allows for a more compact lens thanks to a much smaller focus element. Shallow depth of field is assured by the narrow aperture and bokeh is buttery smooth thanks to an 11-blade rounded diaphragm.
- Advanced optics with 15 elements in 11 groups
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Compatible with lens-based optical correction, where available
- Iris ring with click switch and lock button
- Dust- and splash-proof
- Designed to minimise flare and ghosting
- Excellent quality control with each lens being tested against Sigma’s MTF measuring system
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable, brass bayonet mount, with aluminium and Thermally Stable Composite materials
- ‘Made in Japan’ craftsmanship
Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Sony in More Detail
Lens construction: 15 elements in 11 groups, with 5 SLDs and 1 aspherical element
Compatible with high-speed autofocus
Compatible with lens-based optical correction
*Only on camera models that support this functionality. Scope of correction varies depending on camera.
Iris ring click switch
Iris ring lock switch
*When turned ON at the position A, the iris ring is locked at A. When turned ON at a position other than A, it is locked between maximum and minimum aperture values and will not engage at position A.
Focus mode switch
Dust- and splash-proof
Hood with lock
Compatible with SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (sold separately, for L-Mount only)
Designed to minimise flare and ghosting
Every single lens undergoes SIGMA's proprietary MTF measuring system
11-blade rounded diaphragm
High-precision, durable, brass bayonet mount
‘Made in Japan’ craftsmanship
Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens Sony E-Mount Specifications
15 elements in 11 groups
Angle of view (35mm)
Number of diaphragm blades
11 (Rounded diaphragm)
Minimum focusing distance
85cm / 33.5in.
Maximum magnification ratio
(diameter x length)
φ82.8mm × 96.1mm / φ3.3in. x 3.8in.
|Prime Short Telephoto Art Lens
|f/1.4 - f/16
|Sony full-frame E-Mount
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount
|Aperture ring: Yes
|Constant Aperture: Yes
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A
|Diameter (mm): 83
|Length (mm): 94
|Weight (g): 630
|Distance scale: N/A
|DoF scale: N/A
|Environmental Sealing: N/A
|Focus distance limiter: N/A
|Focal length: 85 mm
|Focus method: N/A
|Filter Thread: N/A
|Full time manual: Yes
|Hood supplied: Yes
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A
|Lens mount: N/A
|Lens Materials: N/A
|Maximum focal length: 85
|Maximum magnification: 0.12
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.4
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A
|Max Format size: N/A
|Minimum focal length: 85
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.85
|Minimum aperture (number): 16
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A
|Motor type: N/A
|Number of diaphragm blades: 11
|Power zoom: N/A
|Special elements / coatings: 1 aspherical + 5 SLD elements
|Tripod collar: N/A
|Lens type: N/A
|Lens Level: N/A
|Best For: N/A
|Best For Holiday and Landscape: Yes
|Best For Interior and Architecture: N/A
|Best For Fashion and Portrait: Yes
|Best For Macro and Still Life: Yes
|Best For Astro: Yes
|Best For Street: Yes
|Best For Wildlife and Sport: N/A
|Zoom lock: N/A
|Zoom method: N/A
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!