Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary - L-Mount
The popular standard width Sigma 56mm f/1.4 Contemporary Lens is now available for L-Mount camera s sporting an ultra-fast bright aperture which is highly adept at working in low light situations.
- Achieve shallow depth of field portraits and smooth out of focus areas with bright aperture
- Versatile focal width prime short telephoto lens for a range of subjects including travel and portraiture
- Fast and near silent AF stepping motor ideal for both video and photographic stills
- Several advanced optical elements including SLD and Aspherical improve sharpness and image quality
- Compact and lightweight lens weighing under 300g. perfect as a ‘bring-anywhere' option for crop sensor camera s
Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN Lens For Leica L Mount Summary
With an equivalent focal with of 84mm this short telephoto prime lens from Sigma will appeal to portrait photographers who use Leica crop sensor APS-C camera s. The lens boasts an extremely bright aperture of f/1.4 which is ideal for working with fine depth of field control as well as low lighting situations. Portraits can be further enhanced with silky smooth out of focus areas with rounded bokeh thanks to the nine bladed round aperture. Well-defined subjects will appear to pop from the background, isolating the subject for a classic portrait look and feel.
A Special low dispersion lens has been employed by Sigma for this Contemporary model, which will assist to deliver bright, highly contrasted images with reduced colour fringing. In total 10 lens elements in six groups make up the optical design. Natural colours and reduced flare are prevalent thanks to aspherical elements and a special optical coating. AF is fast and quiet which acquires subjects accurately. The near silent operation of the stepping motor will also benefit when recording video with no AF noise to be heard. Beginners and enthusiasts now have a beautiful prime option from Sigma to capture desirable portraits from this compact and lightweight design.
Sigma 56mm Contemporary Autofocus Lens for Leica More Detail
Optical Design: 10 Elements in 6 Groups. Two aspherical elements and A Super Multi-Layer Coating. One SLD (Special Low Dispersion) element.
Minimum Focus Distance: 50 cm
Magnification: 0.14x at 28.5°
55mm Front filter thread size. 9 rounded diaphragm blades.
Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN Lens For Leica L Specifications
10 elements in 6 groups
Angle of view
Number of diaphragm blades
9 (Rounded diaphragm)
Minimum focusing distance
Maximum magnification ratio
(diameter x length)
φ66.5mm × 57.5mm / φ2.6in. × 2.3in.
285g / 10.1oz.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: L Mount Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Mirrorless L-mount users from Leica will be thrilled at the introduction of the highly popular Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary prime lens. With a compact form and lightweight casing this lens can be taken to any shooting situation and the versatile focal width excels when travelling, for capturing beautiful portraits and will shine for both stills and video. A fast, near silent AF stepping motor gains subject acquisition smoothly and quickly ensuring sharp results even when subjects are moving.
Cleverly designed optical elements include one special low dispersion and two aspherical elements which combine to reduce distortion, reduce chromatic aberrations and improve overall image quality. The nine bladed aperture is rounded which combines with the bright aperture to allow photographers to achieve stunning bokeh and soft out of focus areas. This proves ideal when isolating a subject especially when capturing portraits. Equally the fast aperture allows users to continue shooting handheld when the light dims, ensuring this lens will find its way into many photographers bags.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.