Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens Sony E
The Sigma 30mm lens for Sony APS-C format provides a bright aperture capable of attractive round bokeh suitable for many subjects from portraiture to street photography, with sharp results throughout.
- Excellent image and video performance from a compact lens model
- Dust and splash proof construction with high quality brass mount for durability
- Rounded diaphragm helps create smooth round bokeh
- Fast and smooth AF performance for videography and stills
- Ultra bright f/1.4 aperture suited to shallow depth of field and low light work
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E (crop sensor)
The 30mm f/1.4 DC DN for crop sensor Sony mirrorless cameras boasts outstanding optical performance in the compact 265g design, which Sigma Contemporary lenses are known for. Photographers can enjoy the smooth bokeh which a large f/1.4 aperture lens offers together with exceptionally sharp optical performance from a Sigma prime lens. With an equivalent focal width of around 50mm this model captures near enough what the human eye sees, making it ideal for general purpose photography such as portraits, street scenes and everyday snapshots.
- 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens
- Sony E-mount
- Fully compatible with Sony Fast Hybrid AF
- 45mm equivalent focal length on Sony E-mount APS-C cameras
- Stepping motor for fast and quiet AF
- 9 elements in 7 groups, 9 rounded aperture blades
Product features in detail
Part of the high-performance Contemporary line with Sony's APS-C E-mount camera s in mind, the Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary lens is the compact answer to many photographer's needs. With a 45mm equivalent focal length, the f/1.4 aperture is designed to create photos with shallow depth of field , maximising bokeh whilst maintaining sharpness.
The stepping motor speeds up autofocus without excess noise making this lens a viable option for capturing eye-catching video as well as beautiful pictures. Please note that whilst this lens will fit Sony's full frame E-mount cameras, it will cause vignetting on images as it is designed for smaller APS-C sensors.
Whats in the box
- 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E
- Lens Hood (LH586-01)
- FRONT CAP LCF-52mm Ⅲ
- REAR CAP LCR Ⅱ
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 65|
|Length (mm): 73|
|Weight (g): 265|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 30 mm|
|Focus method: Internal|
|Filter Thread: 52 mm|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Sony E|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 30|
|Maximum magnification: 0.14|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.4|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/1.4|
|Max Format size: APS-C|
|Minimum focal length: 30|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.3|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): f/16|
|Motor type: Stepper|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 aspherical and 1 double-sided aspherical|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: Prime lens|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
9 elements in 7 groups are responsible for capturing high quality images with the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens. The optical design includes low dispersion glass to reduce colour fringing and aberrations too. The results are excellent for a lens of this size, making it one of the most popular Sigma lenses for Sony crop sensor cameras. For videographers Sigma has ensured quick and quiet focussing capabilities which also works well with Sony’s advanced AF phase detection algorithms. This means users can expect Eye/Face and animal detect to work seamlessly with this model right from the word go.
The lens is and excellent low light performer thanks to the ultra bright aperture, which also excels at isolating subjects from the background as we might find in portraits and pet images for example. Results are surprisingly good considering the size is extremely compact and the lens weighs only 265g. If you shoot photos and videos with Sony’s excellent crop cameras this is worthy alternative standard prime lens to add to your repertoire.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.