Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E
The premium Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Lens for Sony E mount delivers new standards of optical performance for the Contemporary line, with edge-to-edge rendering in an ultra-compact, all-metal prime body.
- Extremely high quality results with edge to edge sharpness on even the highest resolution cameras
- Fast and quiet AF stepping motor with responsive focusing compatible with Sony AF systems
- Robust all-metal design which is enjoyable to use and extremely well made from the inside out
- Bright f/2 aperture with well controlled aberrations suited to high resolution scenes like landscapes and astro photography
- Dust and splash resistant structure with aperture ring, focus mode switch and DMF and AF+MF support
Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E Summary
Sigma is busy designing lenses for mirrorless cameras from the ground up, with the Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E mount joining previous releases including the 35mm F/2 DG DN Contemporary. The latest 24mm f/2 fixed focal length wide angle prime delivers new standards of optical performance for the Contemporary line-up of Sigma lenses, with edge-to-edge rendering in an ultra-compact, all-metal body.
The lens feels well balanced on a full-frame Sony camera body and achieves exceptional resolving power keeping up with the latest ultra-high resolution sensors. With a bright f/2 aperture and wide field of view, the 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens is well suited to landscape photography, astro, events, interiors and even architectural shots.
- Excellent sharpness and rendering from edge to edge
- Lightweight 365g design
- Advanced mirrorless optical design with 13 elements in 11 groups
- Inner focus system
- Compatible with high-speed Sony autofocus
- Stepping motor
- Support DMF and AF+MF
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Aperture ring
- Focus Mode switch
- 62mm filter thread
The optical design employed by Sigma for mirrorless cameras includes 13 elements in 11 groups, with 1 FLD, 2 SLD and 2 aspherical lens elements. Together these are responsible for high level optical performance, even at its maximum f/2 aperture. Axial chromatic aberration is well controlled along with various other aberrations thanks to two high-precision glass-moulded aspherical elements. In a nutshell this results in excellent performance throughout the aperture range and across the entire frame.
Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E in More Detail
Premium I series compact prime lens
The 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens has been designed by Sigma to offer portability without sacrificing performance, matching the compact nature of Sony full frame cameras. This latest model joins other premium models such as the 65mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary which has been well received by users and reviewers. These models use a new optical design with special elements to reduce size and weight whilst offering excellent resolving power in a compact lens. The Autofocus system includes a quiet, high-speed stepping motor for responsive AF compatible with accurate Sony systems.
Excellent build quality
As with other options in the latest Contemporary series, the 24mm f/2 DG DN has an all-metal construction with precision-cut aluminium parts, making a durable and stylish exterior finish. Internal moving parts are also made from metal, adding to the robustness as well as overall user experience with a tactile, ergonomic design as we’ve come to expect from Sigma with their excellent ‘Made in Japan' craftsmanship.
What’s in the box
- Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E
- Magnetic metal lens cap (LCF62-01M)
- Petal-type lens hood (LH656-02)
- Front Cap (LCF-62III)
- Rear Cap (LCRII)
- Sigma 62mm WR UV filter - made to protect the front element as well as reduce the effects of UV light
- Sigma 62mm WR circular polariser - this well designed weather resistant filter will cut the effects of reflections and glare from wet surfaces and enhance blue skies
Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E Specifications
- Lens construction: 11 groups, 13 elements (1 FLD, 2 SLD and 2 aspherical)
- Angle-of-view: 84.1°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Minimum focusing distance: 24.5cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:6.7
- Filter size: 62mm
- Dimensions (Maximum Diameter x Length): 70mm x 72mm
- Weight: 365g
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Sigma 24mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens is designed for Sony E mount photographers who need a lightweight, sharp, fast wide-angle lens that is well made and robust. The all-metal construction not only feels good in the hand but is well balanced on any Sony mirrorless camera and a pleasure to use. Results are excellent with edge to edge sharpness and resolving power matched to even the almighty 60+ megapixel Sony A7R IV A. The new ‘Contemporary’ line-up of lenses employ an optical formula which keeps the lens lightweight whilst still delivering these excellent image results, whether you photograph cityscapes, landscapes, stars or interiors.
With a bright aperture and responsive AF motor you’ll enjoy excellent performance in low light situations, even if you are handholding, which is also aided by the lightweight nature of the lens. The aperture ring and focus mode switch are practical touches aiding a fast workflow, as does support for DMF and AF+MF to tweak focus precision. Sigma included their highly successful Super Multi-Layer Coating to suppress flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens, enhancing contrast for backlit scenes. Other very nice inclusions are the 9-blade rounded diaphragm for smooth out of focus areas and weather resistance at the mount. If you’ve been waiting for an affordable wide angle prime for your Sony with excellent results that’s built to last, your wait could well be over.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.