Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary for L Mount
The Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary for L Mount (in crop sensor mode) combines versatility with an ultra small light body, superb build quality and impressive performance with an equivalent 27-75mm range.
- Extremely compact lens for crop sensor Sony cameras with versatile zoom range ideal for lots of subjects
- Excellent results when shooting both photos and videos with sharp low distortion images
- Fast, near silent Autofocus system makes this lens ideal to capture even faster moving subjects
- Bright constant aperture means for low light when handholding and to separate the subject and background
- Modern design, perfectly suited to Sony crop sensor cameras with weather resistance and Sigma lens coatings
Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary for L Mount Summary
The Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary for L Mount cameras (used in crop mode) combines versatility with an ultra small lightweight body, superb build quality and impressive performance. The standard zoom offers an equivalent 27-75mm range, making it ideal for a wide range of subjects from landscapes and portraits to street photography and travel. With a near silent, ultra fast AF system you can also capture videos, vlogs and photograph even fast moving subjects efficiently. The minimum focus distance is just 12.1cm offering more versatility with the ability to capture close-up and detail shots.
Sporting a mirrorless design helps to make this one of the most compact L-mount lenses at 290g and measuring under 7.5cm long, with a weight of just 712g, when combined with the Sigma fp camera. Results are excellent with sharp details throughout thanks to the use of aspherical lens elements in the lightweight design.
- Bright constant aperture throughout the zoom range
- Excellent image quality from aspherical elements
- Extremely compact and lightweight at 290g.
- Fast and near-silent AF stepping motor
- Close minimum focusing distance of just 12.1cm
- Filter size: φ55mm
Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L Mount More Detail
Versatile zoom lens in crop sensor mode
With a combination of lightweight design, versatile zoom range and fast, near silent Autofocus system the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L Mount is adept in a variety of situations. The stepping motor will track fast moving subjects quickly and quietly, which is perfect for video, vlogging to camera and photographing people or other moving subjects. With such a lightweight design you can use the lens without the need for a gimbal when capturing movies and shoot handheld in low light, harnessing in-body stabilisation systems.
Versatility is further enhanced by the close 12.1cm minimum focus distance and large magnification at the wide end of the zoom range.
Large constant aperture and superb image quality
Sigma has designed the 18-50mm lens to offer a large f/2.8 constant aperture making it easier to separate your subject from a smooth out of focus background, particularly noticeable when capturing portraits or close-ups.
The optical design harnesses one SLD element and three aspherical lens elements providing excellent optical quality with minimal distortion or vignetting. The lens also utilises in-camera corrections to further enhance image quality straight out of camera.
Extremely compact and lightweight design
Despite boasting a fast constant aperture the Sigma 18-50mm measures 74.5mm long and weighs just 290g. This is made possible through the use of high quality polycarbonate called Thermally Stable Composite combined with some internal aluminium parts. The lens remains rigid, looks great, performs well and allows you to shoot throughout temperature changes, both indoors and out.
- Lens construction: 13 elements in 10 groups, with 1 SLD element and three aspherical elements
- Inter focus system
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Stepping motor
- Compatible with lens aberration correction
- Support DMF and AF+MF
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Petal-type lens hood
- Mount with dust- and splash-resistant structure
- Compatible with optional Sigma USB Dock UD-11 for L-mount
- Designed to minimise flare and ghosting
- 7-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- Made in Japan craftsmanship
What’s in the box
- Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L-Mount
- Petal Type Hood (LH582-02)
- Front Cap (LCF-55 III)
- Rear Cap (LCR II)
Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for L-Mount Specifications
- Lens construction: 10 groups, 13 elements (1 SLD and 3 aspherical)
- Angle of view (APS-C): 76.5° (W) - 31.7° (T)
- Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Minimum focusing distance: 12.1cm (W) – 30cm (T)
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:2.8 (W) – 1:5 (T)
- Filter size: φ55mm
- Dimensions (Maximum Diameter x Length): φ65.4mm×74.5mm Weight: 290g
The 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary lens arrives as Sigma’s first compact zoom for Leica L-mount cameras. It has been designed to be extremely small and lightweight, yet boasts a bright constant aperture throughout its zoom range and offers excellent results for both photos and videos. You can shoot video even in the quietest environments with a fast, near silent stepping motor used as the AF actuator. The lens will deliver excellent results whether you are recording fast moving subjects, vlogging or capturing photos of people and animals.
The short minimum focus distance gives you even more opportunities to explore your creativity, with Sigma employing high quality optics within a well constructed weather resistant barrel design for poor weather. The lens also has a Super Multi-Layer Coating, which helps to reduce ghosting and flare when shooting backlit subjects. Full L-mount compatibility is ensured with both AF systems and camera-based image corrections. This means your results will look great straight out of camera, with sharp details, low distortion or vignetting and you can use Face and Eye Detection with ease. For a versatile, lightweight zoom with excellent results, which you can use for a high variety of subjects look no further than this excellent option from Sigma.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.