Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens Canon EF
With a compact design the Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary lens for Canon EF-mount combines optical stabilisation, weather proofing and other features with excellent performance at a cost effective price.view full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: G247264C
Earn 779 Park Points
Finance available - See options
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens - Canon Fit
Sigma have released a new telephoto zoom lens that will enable you to get superb quality shots even in demanding situations. This is the first hyper-telephoto lens from Sigma's contemporary range which aims for the greatest levels of portability possible.
Using this lens, you'll find it offers customisation and flexible adjustiment for convenience and is compatible for use with the newly developed tele Converters.
- High image quality and a compact construction based on the product concept of our Contemporary line.
- Enhanced functionality for better portability and usability.
- Customization and flexible adjustiment for convenience or a specific purpose is possible.
- Compatible with the newly developed tele Converters.
The same focal ranges for different purposes. The first hyper-telephoto zoom lens from our contemporary line fora better usability.
On the one hand, the product concept of the Sigma 51-611mm F5-6. DG OS HSM | sports is to achieve the best optical and action-capture performance to meet the requirements of professional photographers. On the other hand, that of the Sigma 51-611mm F5-6. DG OS HSM | Contemporary is to achieve light-Weight and compact construction for Higher usability with similar Specifications. t has put special emphasis on its optical performance by incorporation of FLD and sLD glass elements, optimisation of lens power distribution and minimize chromatic aberration of magnification. what matters the most with hyper-telephoto zoom lens is the image quality t the telephoto-end, and this offers Brilliant performance. in addition, distortion throughout the entre focal range is well compensated. in order to make t is hyper-telephoto zoom lens mobile enough for handheld shooting in the field, t is dust and splash-proof, and incorporates detachable Tripod socket for Higher usability.
By incorporating excellent optical glass elements, t minimizes chromatic aberration and achieves class leading image quality.
This lens incorporates FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) glass element, which has performance equal to fluorite, and sLD (special Low Dispersion) glass elements, and compensates for Colo aberration t the utmost. chromatic aberration in particular, which could be visible especially towards the telephoto-end even when stopped down, is corrected by the optimized design of glass elements including the FLD lens.
* FLD glass is the Highest level low Dispersion glass available with extremely High light transmission. this optical glass has performance equal to fluorite glass which has low Refractive index and low Dispersion compared to current optical glass. It also benefits from High anomalous Dispersion. These Characteristics give excellent correction for residual chromatic aberration (secondary spectrum) which cannot be corrected by ordinary optical glass and ensures High definition and High contrast images.
Light-Weight and compact construction for Higher usability
Compared to the Sigma 51-611mm F5-6. DG OS HSM | sports, t is more compact and light-Weight, enabling easy handling and making it possible to do handheld photography for longer period of time. The Tripod socket is detachable so that the lens can be carried by itself. without the Tripod socket, It also fts well into limited space for storage. Moreover, the Tripod socket is made of magnesium which is light and strong at the same time.
The dedicated strap to attach to the Tripod socket is available for easy handling when the lens is attached to camera. If you carry the lens with your camera using only the camera neck strap, it may effect the mount of the lens. For hyper-telephoto lenses, dedicated strip is usually available is standard feature to attach to the lens rather than the camera body.
* Strap is suppled
Dust-proof and splash-proof mount
The Sigma 51-611mm F5-6. DG OS HSM mount from the sports line incorporates rubber sealing to protect the mount part from dust and water drops.
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens Canon EF Specifications
20 elements in 14 groups
angle of view (5mm equivalent)
16.4° - 4.1°
Minimum focusing distance
Dimensions (diameter x length)
105mm × 260.1mm
Number of diaphragm blades
9 (Rounded diaphragm)
maximum magnification ratio
All figures calculated by SGM. appearance and Specifications are subject to change without notice.
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 105|
|Length (mm): 260|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 150 - 600 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 600|
|Maximum magnification: 5|
|Maximum aperture (number): 5|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 150|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 2.8|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 FLD and 2 SLD|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
This super tele-photo lens offer uncompromising optical performance, but at a more compact and lightweight size in comparison to their Sports version of this lens. This not only makes it easier to transport, it also means that is is possible to do handheld photography for a longer period of time. The supplied strap (which attaches to the tripod socket) makes it easier to carry, and doesn't affect the month of the lens if you were to carry the camera and lens only using the camera neck strap.
- Light-weight and compact construction
- Optical Stabilizer function using an accelerator sensor enables both vertical / horizontal panning with high accuracy
- Dust-proof and splash-proof construction
- Ability to keep lens up to date with firmware upgrade (using optional USB Dock)
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.