Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens Nikon F
The Sigma 14mm Art lens for Nikon F-mount delivers high resolution and optically brilliant images across a broad range of subjects including landscapes, astro and interiors, with bright, clear optics.
- 7th prime lens in Sigmaâ's renowned ART range
- Fast f/1.8 aperture for super shallow depth of field
- Outstanding construction minimises distortion and chromatic aberration
- Beautiful bokeh and deep depth of field
- Fast focusing with optional manual override
Sigma ART 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Ultra-Wide-Angle Lens (Nikon Fit) Summary
In the 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art lens, Sigma have introduced the world's first and only f/1.8 ultra-wide-angle lens, bringing a whole new visual experience to photographers looking for a true high-speed lens.
|Sigma ART 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Ultra-Wide-Angle Lens (Nikon Fit) Features in Detail|
Minimised Chromatic Aberrations & Distortion
Making use of three FLD (F Low Dispersion) glass elements and four SLD (Super Low Dispersion) elements, the Sigma 14mm f/1.8 Art lens helps to minimise transverse chromatic aberration, usually noticeable on the fringes of ultra-wide-angle lenses. Further enhancing the outstanding image quality across the width of the image, a large 80mm diameter precision moulded glass aspherical lens effectively minimises distortion, delivering impressive peripheral brightness.
Large Diameter Aspherical Element
The aforementioned large 80mm diameter aspherical lens element was first feature on the Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG HSM Art lens, with this new 14mm f/1.8 lens delivering this technology into a precision moulded glass aspherical front lens element the first of its kind.
Depth of Field & Bokeh Effect
Ultra-wide-angle lenses are at the peak of their performance when getting either up close and personal with subjects or capturing expansive backgrounds, or both giving a view that we humans are not used to.
With the extremely deep depth of field that comes with the ultra-wide-angle 14mm focal length of this lens combined with the extremely shallow f/1.8 depth of field, this lens achieves a supremely sharp focus on subjects with dramatic backgrounds and beautiful bokeh.
Seventh Full-Frame Art Lens in the Line Up
The first of Sigma's Art lenses was the 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM, launched in 2012. The new 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM is the seventh prime lens in this line-up, establishing the Art range as the standard for prime lenses in the ultra-high-megapixel era.
Other Features of the Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Lenses F mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 95|
|Length (mm): 126|
|Weight (g): 1170|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 14 mm|
|Focus method: Internal|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Nikon F (FX)|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 14|
|Maximum magnification: 0.1|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/1.8|
|Max Format size: Full Frame|
|Minimum focal length: 14|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.27|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): f/16|
|Motor type: Ultrasonic|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Three FLD and four SLD elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: Prime lens|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Sigma have continued their efforts to develop outstanding, new prime lenses with this, their 7th prime ART lens. With a 14mm ultra-wide-angle full-frame focal length and incredibly fast f/1.8 aperture, Sigma have added a new dimension to the photographers visual experience.
Yet another ground-breaking lens from Sigma's ART range, this lens will delight photographers whether you're shooting huge celestial night skies, or up-close and personal portraits with expansive backgrounds.
The fast f/1.8 aperture means that when shooting with this lens you won't need to rely on a higher ISO or slower shutter speed, giving you greater freedom in your photography.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.