Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens Sony FE
Product Code: G243119T
The Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art lens for full frame Sony provides 1:1 close-ups with excellent sharpness along with high speed AF compatibility and water resistance for stills and video capture.
- Fast, bright aperture for low light shooting and isolating subjects with beautiful background bokeh
- Ultra fast AF motor which is compatible with the latest Sony Eye and Face detect systems
- Excellent sharpness throughout the frame thanks to an advanced optical design found in the Art range of lenses
- Versatile lens for stills photography and videography thanks to de-click aperture ring feature
- Capable of capturing a range of subjects from 1:1 macro close-ups to portraits and movies
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens Sony FE Lens Summary
The Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens for full frame Sony E mount (FE) joins the growing Art range for Sony mirrorless cameras. This addition provides true 1:1 macro capabilities with a minimum focusing distance of 29.5cm along with a prime mid telephoto width for impressive close-ups and beautiful results from portraits to weddings. The bright aperture is ideal for low light work or for isolating any subject with distinct bokeh and also has a lockable de-click feature enabling film makers to capture smooth videos silently whilst changing exposures. Optical performance is excellent, typical of the Art range and optics are designed with 17 elements in 12 groups, including 1 SLD element. These combine to deliver not only excellent levels of sharpness but also well controlled ghosting and flare along with bright, punchy results that capture natural colours.
AF is both fast and accurate and the 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro is optimised for Sony’s latest face/eye detection AF. The focus motor system includes a powerful Hyper-Sonic Motor (HSM) to achieve consistently high-precision, quiet autofocus operation. The lens barrel aids workflow with a customisable function button, a focus limiter and a focus switch mode. The entire unit is solidly constructed and has been weather sealed for outdoor work, together with oil and water repellent coatings on the final element to reduce smears.
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens Sony FE Specifications
|Lens type||Macro and Mid Telephoto Prime Lens|
|Aperture range||f/2.8 - f/22|
|Compatible cameras||Sony E-mount full frame mirrorless (FE)|
|Dimensions||74mm × 133.6mm|
|What else is included in the box?|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Sigma Art lenses are designed to provide professionals and enthusiasts with high quality optics suitable for their high resolution mirrorless cameras. The 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro for Sony delivers on these fundamentals with excellent results for both video and still images. This focal width is popular with macro users as it provides a suitable length to capture close-ups without getting too near to a subject, whilst also gaining true 1:1 magnification. The medium telephoto is suitable for portraits, weddings and other subjects providing yet more versatility from one prime lens.
Sigma always designs various features into their lenses to give users more flexibility and in the case of the 105mm these include a barrel function button, de-clickable and lockable aperture as well as a focus limiter and focus override. Any photographer working quickly will appreciate these features as they allow them to respond swiftly to various shooting situations.
Results are impressive with signature Art quality coming in the form of sharpness, clarity and punchy images. Full integration with Sony AF systems include Eye Detect and Face Detect ensuring users will maintain quick and accurate autofocus whatever their subject. With all of these features and Sigma trademark quality rolled into one macro capable optic, we are sure this lens will impress anyone who works with close-ups or telephoto subjects.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.