Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens L Mount
The Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens for L Mount delivers true 1:1 close-ups, a fast AF motor for quick focussing, customisable lens button and exquisite results for both stills and video.
- Fast, bright aperture for low light shooting and isolating subjects with beautiful background bokeh
- Ultra fast AF motor which is compatible with the latest autofocus systems
- Excellent sharpness throughout the frame thanks to an advanced optical design found in the Art range of lenses
- Versatile lens for stills photography and videography thanks to de-click aperture ring feature
- Capable of capturing a range of subjects from 1:1 macro close-ups to portraits and movies
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens L Mount Lens Summary
Panasonic Lumix S and Leica mirrorless users gain the Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens for Leica L Mount to the growing range of full frame optics available. This close-up specialist lens focuses to just 29.5cm and provides exceptionally sharp images both for macro and medium telephoto subjects including portraits and weddings. L mount users benefit from the ability to update lens firmware via the L-mount Sigma dock as well as compatibility with the TC-1411 1.4x and TC-2011 Teleconverters.
A bright aperture is ideal for low light work or for isolating any subject with distinct creamy bokeh and also has a lockable de-click feature enabling film makers to capture smooth videos silently whilst changing exposures. Optical performance is typical of the Art range and optics are designed with 17 elements in 12 groups, including 1 SLD element. These combine to deliver not only excellent levels of sharpness but also well controlled ghosting and flare along with bright, punchy results that capture natural colours.
AF is both fast and accurate and the 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro is optimised for the latest face/eye detection AF found in Lumix and Leica cameras. The focus motor system includes a powerful Hyper-Sonic Motor (HSM) to achieve consistently high-precision, quiet autofocus operation. The lens barrel aids workflow with a customisable function button, a focus limiter and a focus switch mode. The entire unit is solidly constructed and has been weather sealed for outdoor work, together with oil and water repellent coatings on the final element to reduce smears.
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens Leica L Mount Specifications
|Lens type||Macro and Mid Telephoto Prime Lens|
|Aperture range||f/2.8 - f/22|
|Compatible cameras||Leica L Mount full frame mirrorless|
|Dimensions||74mm × 133.6mm|
|What else is included in the box?|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: L Mount Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Panasonic Lumix and Leica produce a growing range of full frame L mount mirrorless cameras and their alliance with Sigma is proving fruitful with new lenses regularly appearing. The 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens provides a versatile option for capturing 1:1 close-up macro images, together with a number of subjects which benefit from this telephoto length. These might include portraiture, weddings or movie making and the lens will appeal to a range of users from enthusiasts through to professionals. Results are second to none thanks to Sigma’s flagship Art optics, with 12 elements capturing attractive, sharp images and movies throughout the entire frame.
Excellent build quality provides users with a durable, weather sealed lens along with compatibility with L-mount teleconverters for greater focal ranges. Customisable options are available through the sigma dock as well as a lens barrel function button. These are joined by a number of features such as focus limiter and a de-clickable aperture ring which combine to provide excellent useability with superb results. This lens will appeal to a broad base of users who shoot close-ups along with telephoto subjects and want a fast, bright lens with quick focus capabilities and versatile operation.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.