Sennheiser MKE 440 Compact Stereo Shotgun Microphone
The MKE 440 has two aligned and matched mini shotgun mics ensuring that the MKE 440 captures the audio you want while rejecting off-axis noise. This feature sets it apart from conventional stereo microphones. With its optimized acoustic characteristics and adjustable sensitivity, the MKE 440 is ideally suited for speech, music or ambience. The stainless steel micro-mesh wind protection reduces wind noise and protects the fine high frequency details in your sound.
Best of both worlds: Stereo without side effects!
Dual mini shotgun mics create frontal focus
Suppression of ambience and background noise
Built-in elastic suspension and wind protection
3-level sensitivity adjustment and low-cut
Compact, all-metal construction
Standard size camera shoe mount
Picture perfect stereo, without side effects
The MKE 440 has two aligned and matched mini shotgun mics ensuring that the MKE 440 captures the audio you want. The stainless steel micro-mesh wind protection reduces wind noise and protects the fine high frequency details in your sound. The MKE 440 provides nicely balanced stereo ambience and amplifies the sound source in front of your camera.
Upgrading your DSLR audio
A new, patented V-shaped design of two shotguns is Sennheiser's fantastic solution for stereo audio captured by camera shoe-mounted microphones. This configuration covers a stereo width equivalent to the image created by common 35-mm camera lenses. The spread is very uniform and delivers high speech intelligibility in its focus.
What you see is what you hear
The Stereomic MKE 440 operates with two short shotgun mics, mounted in a unique “V-stereo" configuration. It highlights the sound of the video image while rejecting off-axis noise from outside the camera focus.
Unique and highly directional – the stereo V
For generating stereo sound, where two microphones are needed, shotguns are not commonly used. Thus, many stereo videos sound rather distant and reverberant while a lot of unwanted off-focus noise is captured unsuppressed.
Our solution is a new, patented V-shaped design of two shotguns. This configuration covers a stereo width equivalent to the image created by common 35-mm camera lenses. The spread is very uniform and delivers high speech intelligibility in its focus.
Patented Shockmount against handling noise
Microphones are susceptible to create structure-borne noise when being handled, e.g. when the camera they are mounted to is moved. That's why the MKE 440 is fitted with a specially developed patented shockmount. Exactly adjusted to the weight and dimensions of the shotgun microphone tube, it ensures optimal rejection of handling noise. The rubber suspension is secured within the protecting metal mesh.
A rugged design
A very robust and durable stainless steel micro-mesh protects the microphones and provides wind noise suppression. As opposed to regular foam windscreens, the metal mesh will not influence the sound by muffling high frequency clarity. Furthermore, it serves as a shield against electromagnetic interference.
High dynamic electronics
The integrated battery-powered, high dynamic electronic circuit matches the output signal of the MKE 440 to the camera's input sensitivity. Thus, handling a dynamic range from the most delicate sounds to screaming-loud rock music. The low cut filter reduces structure-borne noise and low-frequency wind noise. The MKE 440 offers extra-long operation time of more than 100 hours on a pair of AAA batteries¸ and even delivers full audio performance on lowbatt operation.
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: Microphones|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.