Samyang AF 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens for Sony E
The Samyang AF 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens for Sony E full frame mirrorless cameras offers extremely high corner to corner resolution with beautiful bokeh and fine depth of field control to separate your subject.
- Class-leading lightweight short telephoto prime lens with superb high resolution capabilities
- Updated design offering fast and quiet AF performance from Samyang’s Linear Stepping Motor
- 11-bladed aperture design creates beautiful bokeh and smooth out of focus areas to isolate any subject
- Comprehensive controls for enjoyable shooting experience include a focus limiter, customisable button and focus hold
- Updated weather sealing and docking station compatibility provide professional performance from a third party designer
Samyang AF 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens for Sony Full Frame Mirrorless Summary
Samyang has drawn inspiration from their popular Manual Focus version with an Autofocus evolution in the form of this Samyang AF 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens for Sony E Mount full frame mirrorless cameras. This short telephoto prime lens weighs in at a class-leading 772g and delivers excellent corner to corner sharpness with extremely high resolving power.
It is well suited to a range of subjects from portraits and lifestyle shots, to details, close-ups and even cityscapes. Users will be able to capture a razor-thin focal plane with the ability to isolate their subjects through incredibly smooth background blur, thanks to an enviable 11-bladed diaphragm and wide f/1.8 maximum aperture. This also ensures excellent low light performance whichever subjects your eye is trained on, delivering smooth and quiet AF performance, fully compatible with Sony AF algorithms for stills and video.
- Bright aperture AF telephoto Samyang lens for Sony mirrorless cameras
- Full-frame coverage with 18.9° full-frame and 12.5 APS-C angle of view
- Prime lens with superb resolution from a complex optical design
- Narrow depth of field and beautiful bokeh rendered by 11-bladed aperture
- Compact 129.6mm length with lightweight 772g design
- Fast and Quiet AF performance compatible with Sony’s Real-time Tracking
- Seamless Cinematic video compatibility
- Excellent chromatic aberration (CA) control with 3 ED lens elements
- Streamlined usability with Custom Switch, Focus Range Limiter and Focus Hold Button
- Close minimum focus distance of just 69cm
- Contemporary new design and robust weather sealing
Samyang AF 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens for Sony E in More Detail
Extremely High Resolution
Samyang's most advanced optical technologies have been employed to produce a large aperture prime telephoto lens, capable of delivering outstanding corner to corner resolution when paired with Sony cameras. The AF 135mm f/1.8 FE captures a focused 18.9° angle of view on full-frame bodies and 12.5° when paired with an APS-C sensor.
The lens is ideal for subject separation, offering users a bright maximum aperture of f/1.8. Optimum resolution is achieved through an optical design of 13 lens elements arranged in 11 groups (1 U-ASP, 2 HR and 3 ED). These allow the 135mm lens to deliver superior sharpness and strong contrast in all areas of the image.
Beautiful Bokeh and a Narrow Depth of Field
The AF 135mm F/1.8 FE lens from Samyang uses a large-diameter 11-bladed aperture to provide smooth background blur. It effectively allows separation of the subject from the background with a shallow depth of field when the lens is wide open. It is also equipped with a UA (Ultra-precision Aspherical) lens, which helps to achieve natural and refined bokeh in your images or videos. Using this smooth bokeh you can freely create results to highlight any subject against stunning backgrounds, whether shooting portraits or close-ups.
Fast, Quiet Autofocus Performance
The AF operates quietly and smoothly when tracking subjects while shooting stills and video, with the Linear STM (Stepping Motor) ideal for both photographers and videographers.
Enhanced operability and reliability
A customisable Focus Hold button, Custom Switch and Focus Range Limiter all add to the useability of this lens. Overall it meets and exceeds professional requirements for control and reliability, whether shooting stills or movies.
- Focus Hold Button: Pressing this button on the lens will keep the lens locked to the current focusing distance.
- Custom Switch: The Custom Switch can be set to allow the focusing ring to control either focus operation or silent adjustment of the aperture. Further customisation can be made using the Samyang Lens Station*
- Focus Range Limiter Switch: The Focus Range Limiter only operates in AF mode but can be useful to speed up focusing once the distance from an object has been determined. The Focus Range Limiter has the following options:
- FULL: The AF range is set between infinity and the minimum focus distance of 0.69m.
- 0.69m - 2m: The AF range is set between 0.69m and 2m, suitable for close-up shooting.
- 1.5m - ∞: The AF range is set from 1.5m to infinity, which is suitable for normal shooting.
Updated lens design and weather-sealing
The AF 135mm F1.8 FE takes into consideration not only design features but also the user's shooting environment. It has a micro-patterned rubber focus ring, which feels great to operate and weather-sealing protects the lens from light rain, snow and dust.
What’s in the box
- Samyang AF 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens for Sony E Mount
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Lens Hood
- Lens Pouch
- Hoya 82mm UX II PL-CIR Polariser Filter – The latest addition from Hoya making an excellent choice to complement this lens by reducing glare and reflections
- Hoya 82mm UX II UV Filter – A similarly recent addition from Hoya intended to protect the front element while reducing the effects of ultraviolet light
- Polar Pro Peter McKinnon 82mm Variable ND MIST Edition II 2-5 stop Filter – An extremely high quality Variable ND with mist effect for video
- Samyang AF Lens Station For Sony – Customise your Samyang lenses with this convenient docking station
Samyang AF 135mm f/1.8 FE Lens for Sony E Specifications
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.69m|
|Diagonal Angle of View||18.9° (full-frame) / 12.5° (APS-C)|
|Lens Construction||13 elements in 11 groups|
|Lens Type||Fast aperture, autofocus, telephoto|
|Mount Type||Sony FE|
|No. Diaphragm Blades||11|
|Sensor Coverage||Full-Frame 36x24mm|
|Weight||772g (without lens cap or hood)|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 93|
|Length (mm): 130|
|Weight (g): 772|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 135 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 135|
|Maximum magnification: 0.243|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 135|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.69|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 11|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 Ultra-precision Aspherical element, two high-refractive index elements and three extra-low dispersion elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Samyang has been busy redesigning a number of lenses for Sony of late, including the superb Samyang AF 50mm f/1.4 FE II Lens and their first zoom – the Samyang AF 24-70mm F/2.8 FE. These include new optical designs within a new casing, feature updated weather sealing and custom switches to offer enthusiasts and professional users extremely capable and robust third party alternatives. The AF 135mm f/1.8 FE short telephoto prime includes all of these updated features in a relatively compact (at just under 13cm) and class-leading lightweight design (772g). Samyang ensures excellent results through the inclusion of several special lens elements such as the Ultra-precision Aspherical lens (UA).
The 135mm also comes with an 11-bladed aperture, which renders beautiful bokeh and soft out of focus areas, perfect for capturing portraits and other subjects where separation is desirable. The wide f/1.8 aperture also helps with low light handheld shooting, as well as the ability to be creative with a narrow depth of field. The barrel has a focus limiter, custom switch and focus hold button for streamlined workflows and faster AF performance when using the limiter. Whether you enjoy stills or video at this type of focal width, the Samyang 135mm makes a particularly compelling option to add to your lens collection.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.