- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Samson Q2U Microphone
The Samson Q2U Microphone is a high quality dynamic handheld mic with both XLR output and USB I/O to plug into live sound consoles or a computer and has a 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack for monitoring.
Earn 69 Park Points
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Samson Q2U Microphone With USB / XLR Summary
One Mic for Stage, Studio and On The Go.
Q2U combines the convenience of digital and analog audio capture into one dynamic microphone. With XLR and USB outputs, the Q2U is the first choice for home/studio and mobile recording, as well as stage performance. The Q2U is simple to setup and outshines microphones that cost more than twice the price. It comes with a mic clip, desktop tripod stand with extension piece, windscreen, XLR cable and USB cable... A package with everything you need to start recording right out of the box.
Overall, the Q2U provides significantly improved audio over a headset or your computer's internal microphone. The Q2U can be connected directly to your computer or mobile device via USB, or plugged directly into a mixer or audio interface with an XLR cable. You can also utilize both connections simultaneously for recording a live event or performance.
If you're looking to start a new podcast, the Q2U is the best choice for creating a production studio on a budget. Whether you're recording a solo broadcast on your laptop or multi-person interviews through a mixing desk, the Q2U delivers high-quality audio effortlessly with minimal setup. It even has a 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone output to monitor the audio you're capturing, as well as the audio from your computer.
A Stud in the Studio
The Q2U is a great mic for home recording. Its dynamic capsule is great for miking vocals, instruments and amplifiers. Onboard, high-quality analog-to-digital converters provide excellent audio reproduction. The Q2U's cardioid (unidirectional) polar pattern picks up sound from in front of the mic, while rejecting unwanted sound from the rear and sides. This minimizes the amount of ambient/room noise that is captured on your recordings.
Taking your podcast or recording on the road? The Q2U can be used with iPhones and iPads via Apple's Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or Android devices via a Host OTG cable. In addition, the Q2U's rugged handheld body is perfect for capturing interviews at press conferences, live events or on the street.
For convenient placement in front of your computer, the Q2U comes with a desktop tripod stand and extension piece. For use with this desktop stand or with any standard microphone stand, a mic clip is also included. A windscreen is also provided to minimize wind noise and plosives such as P-Pops. A 2.25m USB cable and 3m XLR cable complete the Q2U Recording and Podcasting Pack, including everything you need to get started on your next project.
- USB/XLR handheld dynamic microphone
- Ideal for podcasting, live sound and music recording applications
- USB output for connecting to any Mac or PC device
- XLR output for connecting to any mixer/PA system
- On/Off switch controls both USB and XLR audio output
- 1/8" stereo headphone output with level control for zero-latency monitoring
- Dual-color Power/Clip LED
- Plug-and-play, no driver installation required
- Compatible with most computer-based digital audio workstation software
- USB bus powered via Mac, PC or iPad
- Solid, die-cast construction with heavy gauge mesh grille
- Includes mic clip, tripod stand, tripod stand extension, foam windscreen, USB cable (2.25m) and XLR cable (3m)
- Element Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional)
- Frequency Reponse: 50Hz–15kHz
- Sensitivity: -54dBV/Pa
- Max. SPL: 148dB SPL
- Bit Depth: Up to 16-bit
- Sample Rate: 44.1kHz/48kHz
- Digital Output: Mini USB
- Analog Output: XLR
- Headphone Output: 1/8" (3.5mm)
- Microphone Switch: On/Off (USB and XLR audio output)
- Product Dimensions: 7.5" (190mm) x 2.2" (55mm) diameter
- Product Weight: 0.7lb (0.32kg)
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.