- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
RICOH WG-80 Digital Compact Camera Black
The Ricoh WG-80 Digital Compact Camera in Black combines a 16MP sensor with 5x optical zoom in a rugged, waterproof design with amazing results for underwater photography, landscapes and any of your adventures.
Earn 349 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Waterproof down to 14m for up to two hours for snorkelling, swimming or diving with a wide range of underwater shooting features
- Compact and lightweight rugged camera designed for any action whether overground or underwater
- Versatile 5x optical zoom lens with an equivalent 28-140mm focal width to capture a huge range of subjects
- Packed with modes for both photography and videography from microscope mode, to macro and telephoto
- Built-in macro lighting and excellent underwater photography features for natural, detailed close-up images and movies
RICOH WG-80 Digital Compact Camera Black Summary
The next generation RICOH WG-80 Digital Compact Camera Black arrives packing a new 16 megapixel sensor, 5x optical zoom lens and a host of features to capture the best adventure shots ever. The WG-series is one of the most popular Ricoh compact camera thanks to an impressive rugged and waterproof design which can stay submerged down to 14m for up to two hours. It packs several underwater photography modes as well as having built-in macro lights which allow you to capture incredible photos and videos underwater.
The camera is also shockproof, freeze proof and break proof to withstand any adventures above ground and includes stabilisation for smooth videos and sharp photos in virtually any situation.
- 16 Megapixel Backside Illuminated 1/2.3" CMOS sensor
- 28-140mm zoom lens (KB equivalent)
- Sturdy and robust body construction (waterproof up to 14 meters, for up to two hours, cold-resistant to -10°C, shockproof to 1.6 m and break-proof to 100 kg)
- Macro function with digital microscope function from 1 cm shooting distance
- Six LED lights for macro shooting and selfie mode, with variable light intensity
- Also available in orange RICOH WG-80
RICOH WG-80 Digital Compact Camera Black in Detail
Uncompromising water, shock, dust, and freeze protection.
With features that include uncompromising waterproofing—good for two hours of continuous use at a depth of 14 meters—freeze proofing* that ensures operation at temperatures of −10 °C, shock proofing capable of withstanding drops of 1.6 meters, and crush proofing capable of withstanding forces of 100 kgf, this rugged camera can be used in all conditions.
A rugged chassis ready for the outdoors.
The WG-80 is designed for every imaginable outdoor environment and adds to the experience with features such as Underwater mode for underwater photography, and an Outdoor View setting that adapts monitor brightness to ambient lighting.
Sharp, high-resolution images with 5X optical zoom starting from wide-angle of 28mm*.
Enjoy the high-definition image quality offered by a camera with an approximately 16 effective megapixels, a lens with 5× optical zoom starting from a wide-angle of 28 mm *, and image processing incorporating “ultra-high resolution” technology. * 35 mm format equivalent
Macro lighting via the Ring Light with a brightness that can be adjusted in five levels.
With WG-80, you can now change the brightness of the Ring Light during macro shooting. This allows you to create a three-dimensional effect and to emphasize the contrast with the background, expanding the range of shooting expressions.
Equipped with a chassis featuring the uncompromising water-, dust-, cold-, and shock-resistance so essential for construction worksites, the WG-80 also boasts six LED lamps arranged around the lens to provide lighting for macro photography.
A rugged chassis you can rely on in the harshest conditions. Exceptional 14 meter waterproof (up to 2 hours) and 1.6 meter shockproof.
With features that include uncompromising waterproofing—good for two hours of continuous use at a depth of 14 meters—freeze proofing* that ensures operation at temperatures of −10 °C, shock proofing capable of withstanding drops of 1.6 meters, and crush proofing capable of withstanding forces of 100 kgf, this rugged camera can be used in all conditions. * Battery capacity drops with ambient temperature, reducing the number of pictures that can be taken on a single charge.
Sharp, high-resolution images with 5x optical zoom starting from wide-angle of 28mm*.
With a high-performance image processing engine and a back-illuminated CMOS sensor boasting high optical efficiency and an 16 effective megapixels, the WG-80 takes low-noise photos with a wide dynamic range that look beautiful even as prints. * 35 mm format equivalent.
Macro lighting via the Ring Light with a brightness that can be adjusted in five levels.
With WG-80, you can now use the Ring Light with adjustable brightness. By turning on the six LED lights with adjustable brightness during macro shooting, you can create a three-dimensional effect or emphasize the contrast with the background, expanding the range of shooting expressions. The maximum brightness is now about twice brighter than the previous model.
Expand your creative horizons with Image Tone.
Customize pictures to your subject or your taste with six image tone options, including the new Cross Process feature for photos with the unique coloring associated with cross-processing film development techniques*, Vibrant for rich, bright, vivid colors, and Slide Film for dynamic, high-contrast images like those produced by reversal film.
Shoot Movies in Full HD HDMI
While the camera can of course record Full HD (16:9) video at 30 fps, it also offers a High Speed Movie mode for recording slow-motion video and an Underwater Movie mode suited to underwater movie recording. Movie and Underwater Movie modes offer Movie SR (shake reduction), which can be used to reduce the effects of camera shake. Movie editing features within the camera let you split video or create movie stills from selected frames. The camera’s HDMI connector (Type D) lets you display movies on TVs and other devices.
Outdoor View Setting
The brightness of the LCD monitor can readily be adapted to changes in ambient lighting conditions for ease of viewing and an improved shooting experience. Brightness can be increased by up to two steps to make dark areas of the display easier to see in sunlight, or lowered by up to two steps to reduce glare for night photography.
Choose from 25 Shooting Modes.
The camera offers settings suited to every subject, including an Auto Picture mode that automatically identifies the subject type and chooses the appropriate mode, a Landscape mode for vivid shots of green trees or blue sky, a Surf and Snow mode suited to shots backed by brightly-lit beaches or mountain snows, and a Sports mode for shots of fast-moving subjects.
Developed specifically for underwater photography, the WG-80’s Underwater mode reduces the blue color cast so often seen in pictures taken underwater and effectively adjusts contrast to compensate for diffuse underwater light.
Flash Off/Flash On.
In this mode, the camera takes two pictures each time the shutter button is pressed, one with the flash off and the other with it on, letting you concentrate on composition without fiddling with the controls. * Available in Underwater Mode.
- Face detection autofocus and auto exposure for up to 32 subjects
- Auto Tracking AF/AF assist lamp
- Pixel Track SR
- Continuous shooting
- Burst shooting
- Auto bracketing
- D-Range (dynamic range) options Ink
- Rubbing filter
- Quick movie editing
- Support for remote control (remote control available separately)
RICOH WG-80 Digital Compact Camera Black Specifications
|IMAGE SENSOR||1/2.3" CMOS|
|IMAGE TONE||Bright, Natural, Vibrant, Slide Film, Monochrome, Cross Processing|
|EFFECTIVE PIXELS||Approx. 16 megapixels|
|STILL||16M, 12M(1:1), 12M(16:9), 7M, 5M(16:9), 5M, 4M(16:9), 3M, 2M(16:9), 1024, 640|
|LENS MOUNT||RICOH lens, 11 elements in 9 groups (5 aspherical elements)|
|FOCAL LENGTH||5 - 25 mm|
|PLAYBACK||Slideshow, Image Rotation, Small Face Filter, Ink Rubbing Filter, Collage, Digital Filter(B&W / Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Color, Extract Color, Color Emphasis, High Contrast, Starburst, Soft, Fish-eye, Brightness, Miniature), HDR Filter, Original Frame, Movie Edit, Red-eye Edit, Resize, Cropping, Image Copy, Protect, Start-up Screen|
|SHUTTER SPEED||1/4000 - 1/4sec.(Mechanical and electronic shutter), 4sec at most. (Night Scene mode setting)|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Ricoh’s range of compact rugged cameras has become synonymous with adventure thanks to continually providing superb features in a lightweight and superbly robust design. This latest generation WG-80 Digital Compact Camera in Black continues this theme with a series of upgrades and improved features ensuring you’ll capture unforgettable content from your adventures. The 16 megapixel CMOS sensor has excellent low light capabilities, which is essential for underwater photography and also shoots beautifully smooth Full HD videos.
Both stills and videos are stabilised with Ricoh’s technology, which assures sharp, clear, high-resolution images. The 5x optical zoom lens provides an equivalent focal width of 28-140mm in full-frame terms, ideal for a brand range of subjects including telescope and macro modes. Your creative possibilities are endless with the WG-80 delivering numerous shooting modes, filters and specialist underwater modes for your adventures.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.