Ricoh Theta SC2 Pink
Ricoh Theta SC2 (Pink) Summary
The new RICOH THETA SC2 is an easy-to-use model, perfect for the 360 enthusiast, allowing anyone to capture high-quality spherical images. It snaps photos at approximately 14 megapixels and smooth, immersive 360°spherical video at 30 frames per second in 4K (3840 x 1920 pixels). Additionally, the RICOH THETA SC2 comes with a variety of shooting modes such as "Face" mode, which recognizes human faces and applies skin smoothing, and "Night View" mode for shooting low-noise footage after the sun goes down. These modes allow the photographer to configure the camera with minimal effort.
Achieving 360-degree images in 14MP resolution
The lens unit
High-quality 4K 360-degree videos
New shooting modes to suit the scene
Main body user interface
Ricoh Theta SC2 in detail
Capable of capturing high-quality, high resolution 360° spherical still images and video footage
A bright wide-aperture F2.0 large-diameter compact twin lens folded optics system and the latest image sensor delivers detailed 360° spherical images at an output resolution of approximately 14 megapixels. Exposure accuracy and white balance algorithms have been completely revamped from previous RICOH THETA SC models, and offer accurate, natural expression when shooting in Auto mode. Furthermore, an improved image sensor and image processing engine now allows shooting high-resolution 4K (3,840 x 1920 pixels) video at 30 fps (frames per second) for up to three minutes, equivalent to high-end cameras.
Shooting modes matched to scenarios
Equipped with a range of preset modes that deliver the perfect footage for specific subjects and shooting scenarios. An all new underwater mode, that allows the user to adjust to the ideal white balance when shooting underwater, Note 2 has also been added. “Face”: A mode that detects human faces and automatically places them at the center of the image. This mode is also using exposure compensation and noise reduction to apply skin smoothing. "Night View": A mode that utilizes dynamic range compensation and noise reduction through image compositing to deliver beautiful night-time shots. "Lens-by-Lens Exposure": A mode that controls two lenses individually to provide clear, bright footage of subjects in scenarios where there are significant variations in brightness levels, such as inside and outside vehicles, or on stage. Note 2: A dedicated underwater housing is required when shooting underwater.
Easy-to-understand user interface on the camera body
The lower area of the camera body is equipped with a OLED status display that displays icons indicating the setting mode, smartphone connection state, remaining battery power, and other useful information. A self-timer button makes operation more convenient when shooting with the camera in a standalone configuration.
Dual communication and high-speed data transfer using Bluetooth and wireless LAN
The RICOH THETA SC2 can be connected to a smartphone via Bluetooth. Improvements to ease of use have also been made. Smartphones can now be used for shooting with just a Bluetooth connection, and when the camera has entered the sleep state, it can be powered on from the basic app. With a wireless LAN connection, all functions can be used, including live view display and image transfer on a smartphone, which can be used separately as appropriate to the shooting circumstances.
The process has been changed such that the “top/bottom” correction is performed when videos are played back instead of when data is transferred, making the video transfer rate approximately 4x faster than the previous Ricoh Theta SC model.
Note 3: Actual measured value compared with RICOH THETA SC when transferring identical amounts of data to iOS devices. According to Ricoh research.
The new "Animation Photo" function offers improved ways to enjoy sharing content (Compatibility planned for spring 2020)
Still images taken with a smartphone camera and 360°spherical images taken with RICOH THETA can be composited in a dedicated app to generate an "Animation Photo" in which a spherical image is displayed as an animation when the image is tapped. Since these images can be played back and shared as Live Photos (iOS) or videos (AndroidTM), even people who do not have a 360°viewer app can play and share these files easily.
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: 360 Cameras|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.