Pentax K-3 Mark III With Battery Grip And Spare Battery Kit Black
This kit combines the outstanding APS-C flagship Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR camera (Black) with a D-BG8 battery grip and spare battery for improved ergonomics and more durable shooting power
- Rugged, dependable and high speed DSLR with high resolution APS-C sensor
- Useful kit combining a spare battery with camera body and vertical grip for longer shooting times
- Excellent quality images with 4K movies added for the first time on a Pentax DSLR
- Effective in body stabilisation for handheld stills and video with 5.5LV steps compensation
- Improvements across the entire camera from the image engine up now with 12fps
Pentax K-3 Mark III With Battery Grip And Spare Battery Kit Summary
After selling out of the exclusive Premium Kit, Pentax has combined the K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera (black) with D-BG8 Battery Grip and spare DLi90 Battery in a new Kit to meet customer demand. The K-3 Mark III is their flagship crop sensor APS-C camera packing the latest technology in a dependable body suited to enthusiast and professional photographers. The ergonomic grip adds a vertical shooting button and camera controls for improved purchase on the body whilst the extra battery powers the grip for extended shooting times.
Features at a glance
- The latest 25.7 Megapixel BSI Sensor (APS-C) with 5-axis IBIS up to 5.5LV steps
- Latest 100% field of view Pentaprism Finder
- Latest SAFOX 13 AF-System, 101 AF Sensors down to –4 EV with joystick control
- Latest Prime V Image engine
- 4K/30p resolution Video and Full HD 60p/30p/24p frame rates
- Up to 12 frames per second high speed shooting
- High Resolution touchscreen LCD monitor
- Weatherproof housing with 95 seals
- Added grip and spare battery in this kit
Pentax K-3 Mark III With Battery Grip And Spare Battery Kit in More Detail
Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera Body
Large and bright prism viewﬁnder
High performance viewﬁnder for a real live view where the photographer feels connected to the subject. The viewfinder provides 100% ﬁeld of view for composition control with 1.05x magniﬁcation.
25.7 Megapixel BSI Sensor with IBIS
The latest Back Side Illuminated Sensor renders lower noise and better light performance at up to ISO 1.600.000. 5-axis in-body Image Stabilising (IBIS) ensures exposure reliability up to 5.5 LV steps. Pixel Shift lends even more effective use of the sensor, reducing noise and showing higher sharpness with better colour rendition
Latest SAFOX 13 AF-System
101 Autofocus Sensors with centre weighted 25 cross sensors operate at down to -4 EV. An image tracking algorithm is based on a newly developed RGB-Ir image sensor with approx. 307,000 pixels for faster, more precise Autofocus and a joystick controls AF-points.
A top Display is includes for quick access to all shooting info. Pentax has also included a high resolution 1.62 Megapixel 3,2-Inch LCD monitor with intuitive controls with eye sensing capabilities reducing glare during dark situations.
The latest Prime V Image engine and accelerator unit for increased speed.
Pentax developed Real-time Scene Analysis supports camera control to optimise exposure and autofocus.
Smart Function for quick access to 5 individual program functions and 10 different control buttons can be programmed for individual workflows.
- 5 User modes give access to camera presets
- Extended Hyper Operation System
- High Frame rate shooting with up to 12 f/sec (for 32 RAW ﬁles)
- Weatherproof housing operates as low as -10°C and has 95 seals to protect against dust and moisture
- Durable shutter unit designed for at least 300,000 shots
- 4K resolution for Video with 60p/30p/24p frame rates
D-BG8 battery grip
The D-BG8 Battery Grip offers extended battery life and a more comfortable grip when shooting in vertical orientation. The grip accepts an additional D-LI90 battery which is also included in this kit, to increase shooting times. The grip's design maintains the same layout as the camera body and includes a secondary shutter button and control dials.
Whats in the box
- Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera Black
- D-BG8 Battery Grip Black
- DLi90 Spare Battery
Reviews throughout the internet echo what a resounding success the updated flagship camera is. Combining the K-3 Mark III body in black, with the dedicated battery grip and spare battery makes sense, particularly after selling out of the limited edition kits. It does take a photographer who loves shooting with a DSLR to appreciate the K-3 Mark III as it is a hefty DSLR sized body with an optical viewfinder after all. But many of us still do and Pentax has made sure their latest model comes with numerous advantages, including incredibly extensive weather sealing, a 300,000 rated shutter life, excellent 12fps high speed shooting and even 4K movies now.
Whilst the battery included with the camera is rated for 800 shots on a full charge which is excellent, having double that shooting power with a grip works better for a lot of shooters. The camera can also charge using USB-C which is convenient. Whilst Pentax isn’t the largest camera brand in the UK it has a dedicated following of photographers who can now also shoot high quality movies too. Add in the broad range of high quality lenses for K-mount and a camera packed with features for any situation, and we think they may be on to something really rather good.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.