Pentax 55mm f/2.8 SMC FA 645 Lens
The prime Pentax 55mm f/2.8 SMC FA 645 Lens features state of the art optics for high resolution detail and a standard focal width ideal for a wide range of subjects and styles.
Pentax 55mm f/2.8 SMC FA 645 Lens Summary
Designed for the 645 medium format camera system is this Pentax 55mm f/2.8 SMC FA 645 Lens, delivering new optics with exceptional image performance. As a standard prime lens (fixed focal length) you’ll benefit from a dependable, dust-proof, weather-resistant construction sealed in seven locations for outdoor photography.
The 43.5mm equivalent focal width renders excellent detail with minimal distortion and is extremely close to the human eye in terms of field of view. This allows you to capture a wide range of subjects from street photography to day to day snap shots.
- Bright f/2.8 aperture
- State of the art optical design
- Weather sealed in seven locations
- Aero Bright coating
- SDM autofocus mechanism
Pentax 55mm f/2.8 SMC FA 645 Lens In More Detail
Incorporating high-performance, hybrid aspherical optical element in its optics, this new standard lens offers exceptional image-resolving power with outstanding brightness levels even at the edges, while compensating various aberrations to a minimum. All lens characteristics are optimised for digital photography: for instance, flare and ghost images are minimised by applying exclusive lens coatings to optical elements and employing anti-reflection materials for the interior of the lens barrel. As the result, this lens can bring out the full potential of the PENTAX 645D medium-format digital SLR camera.
Versatile standard lens
When mounted on the PENTAX 645D camera body, this standard lens offers a focal length of 43.5mm (in the 35mm format), which produces an angle of view close to that of the human eye. As the result, it can be used for many different kinds of subjects and applications, including landscapes and portraits.
Dependable dust-proof, weather-resistant construction
Using seven special seals, the lens’ dust-proof, weather-resistant construction effectively prevents the intrusion of dust and water to the lens interior. By coupling this lens with the PENTAX 645D camera body, the user is assured of a durable, reliable digital SLR camera system that performs superbly in outdoor settings, even in rain or mist or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
PENTAX plans to use the “AW” (All Weather) designation in the product name of all dust-proof, weather-resistant medium-format interchangeable lenses to be marketed in the future.
Aero Bright coating to dramatically improve image in backlighting
The lens is treated with PENTAX-original Aero Bright coating, which delivers brilliant, high-quality images by preventing annoying flare and ghost images more effectively than ever before. Born as the fruit of PENTAX’s advanced nanotechnology, this exclusive coating effectively reduces lens reflectance and greatly increases light transmittance by forming a silica aerogel layer with uniform pores on the surface of optical element.
Rounded diaphragm for beautiful bokeh
This is the first PENTAX medium-format interchangeable lens to features a completely rounded diaphragm. It creates a natural, beautiful “bokeh” (out-of-focus rendition), while minimising the streaking effect of point light sources.
Smooth, quiet SDM autofocus mechanism
The SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) autofocus mechanism operates smoothly and quietly using the supersonic motor installed inside the lens barrel.
SP coating to block dust and dirt
The front surface of the lens is treated with PENTAX-original SP (Special Protect) coating, which applies an exclusive fluorine compound to the lens surface through a vapour deposition process. This SP coating not only effectively repels dust, water and grease, but also makes it easy to wipe off fingerprints and cosmetics.
- Image circle covering the image area of 645-format film SLR cameras
- Functional, simplified design, with no aperture ring
- Quick-Shift Focus system for instant switching to manual-focus operation, after the subject is captured in focus by the AF system
- PL filter window for easy installation of a polarising filter without removing the lens hood
- PH-SA67 Square Plastic Hood (optional) for more effective prevention of flare and ghost images when mounted on the PENTAX 645D camera body
What’s in the box
- Pentax 55mm f/2.8 SMC FA 645 Lens for 645 mount
- Lens Hood PH-RBN 67mm
- Lens case S100-120
- Special metal front cover cap
- Rear lens cap
Pentax SMC D-FA 645 55mm f/2.8 Specifications
FOCAL LENGTH EQUIVALENT TO 35 MM FORMAT
Equivalent to 43.5mm in 35mm format with 645D body
Equivalent to 34mm in 35mm format with Film 645 body
NUMBER OF DIAPHRAGM BLADES
Fully Automatic diaphragm control
ANGLE OF VIEW
53° (with 645D body)
65° (with Film 645 body)
9 Elements in 7 groups
0.5m to infinity (1.65 ft. to infinity）
DIMENSIONS (LENGTH X DIAMETER)
81.3mm x 68.2mm
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: 645 Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.