Pentax 20-40mm f/2.8-4.0 ED DA HD Limited Silver
The silver HD Pentax DA 20-40mm f/2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR Lens from Pentax is a high performance standard length zoom lens for K-mount APS-C camera s. Its 35mm focal length equivalency is 30.5-61.5mm providing a versatile and practical range for wide-angle to standard length shooting. It is the first zoom lens in the Pentax Limited Series line and brings with it a durable, weather-sealed body, HD lens coating and an optical design consisting of one ED element and one super-low dispersion element.
The f/2.8-4 maximum aperture enables effective low light shooting and, at the wide-angle end, control over its shallow depth of field for images that place sharp focus on the subject with a pleasing out of focus background. An in-lens direct current (DC) focus motor provides smooth and quiet autofocus action and its Quick-Shift Focus System enables rapid shift from autofocus to manual focus mode.
The lens barrel and the included hood are made from high-grade aluminum alloy, distance and depth of field scales are clearly marked on the barrel and a smooth rotating, knurled ring provides manual focus control. SP (Super Protect) coating on the front and rear lens elements repels dust, water and grease to help maintain peak performance.
30.5 to 61.5mm Focal Length Equivalency and f/2.8 Maximum Aperture
With its 2x zoom coverage of 20-40mm, this lens offers focal length coverage from 30.5 to 61.5mm in the 35mm format when mounted on a PENTAX K-series DSLR. This covers a practical set of frequently used focal lengths and is ideal as a versatile everyday lens. Its maximum aperture of f/2.8 at the wide-angle end of the zoom is effective in low light and provides shallow depth of field focus.
HD Lens Coating
This lens has been treated with the PENTAX-developed HD coating, a high grade, multi-layer coating that reduces unwanted reflection, allowing the user to capture high-contrast images free of flare and ghosting.
DC Autofocus Motor
Shoot discreetly with in-lens, direct current (DC) Auto Focus motor operation for smooth & quiet performance.
Quick-Shift Focus System
The Quick-Shift Focus System allows instant switching from autofocus to manual focus operation.
Weather-Resistant Construction and Durable Aluminum Barrel
With seven special seals to prevent intrusion of water, moisture and dust, this is the first lens of the "Limited" series to feature the PENTAX-original weather-resistant construction. With a handsome and durable aluminum alloy barrel and weather-sealing, this lens is able to perform in almost any shooting condition.
SP Lens Coating
The PENTAX SP (Super Protect) coating on the front and rear lens elements repels dust, water and grease to keep your lens clean and your images sharp.
The ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and a super-low dispersion glass element in this lens' optics deliver clear, high resolution imagery with edge-to-edge sharpness, throughout the entire zoom range.
Rounded Diaphragm Blades
Enhanced with a rounded nine-blade diaphragm at the wide apertures for optimal optical performance and gorgeous bokeh effects.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Pentax Lenses K mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.