Panasonic Lumix GH5 M2 With Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS Lens Kit
This kit is perfect as an all-in-one option, combining the Panasonic Lumix GH5 M2 camera with Lumix G Vario 12-60mm OIS Lens with 4K/60p video, articulating LCD and simple live streaming options.
- Extremely compact all-in-one camera and lens kit suited to a wide range of subjects
- Huge array of professional video capabilities including limitless internal 4K/4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit
- Updated camera with several features improved to enhance the content creators experience
- Live streaming indoors and outdoors with minimal equipment up to FHD/60p at 16Mbps
- High speed camera with latest Venus engine, 4K and 6K photo as well as Face, Eye, Body, Animal detect AF
Panasonic Lumix GH5 M2 With Lumix G 12-60mm Lens Kit Summary
Panasonic has combined the updated Lumix GH5 M2 micro four thirds mirrorless camera with their compact Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS zoom lens in this all-in-one content creators kit. The camera comes with a series of upgrades over the previous model, including the latest Venus processor, wireless and wired live streaming options, an updated high resolution touchscreen LCD which is fully articulating and a host of professional video options. Videos can be recorded at up to C4K/4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit without limit and can simultaneously output at 4K 4:2:2 10-bit over HDMI to a video recorder.
Meanwhile the extremely compact lens weighs just 210g. yet packs 11 lens elements in 9 groups for superb image quality, making full use of the 20.3 Megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor with AR coating. Both lens and camera body offer image stabilisation to help with sharp images and smooth movies even when moving around.
Features at a glance
- 24-120mm (35mm equivalent) all-in-one wide-angle to telephoto lens
- 11 elements in 9 groups (with 3 aspherical lenses and 1 ED lens to maintain quality)
- POWER O.I.S. optical image stabiliser in the lens
- C4K, 4K/60p 4:2:0 10-bit unlimited video recording with simultaneous 4K 4:2:2 10-bit over HDMI
- Wireless live streaming in FHD/60p via the LUMIX Sync smartphone app
- 20.3 Megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor with Anti-Reflective coating
- Updated Venus Engine imaging processor
- Body image stabilisation with 6.5-stops benefit
- Updated fully articulating 3-inch Touch control LCD with 1840K dots
Panasonic Lumix GH5 M2 With Lumix G 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens in More Detail
Versatile all-in-one lens
The Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS zoom lens has a minimum aperture of f/22 and maximum apertures of f/3.5 (wide) and f/5.6 (telephoto). The optical design includes 11 elements in 9 groups, with 3 aspherical lenses and 1 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) lens, which minimises chromatic and spherical aberrations. The zoom in the kit incorporates a circular aperture diaphragm with 7 blades, which produces smooth and attractive bokeh when shooting portraits or isolating any subject.
A POWER O.I.S. system reduces camera shake and is compatible with the Dual I.S. and the lens is splash and dust-resistant for outdoor use. You can also get the GH5 M2 with a Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 Lens for a slightly faster aperture option.
Content Creator Hybrid Camera
As with all Panasonic Lumix cameras, the GH5 M2 is designed for content creators. To this end it features a fully articulating, high resolution touch control LCD, 20.3 Megapixel micro four thirds sensor, simple live streaming with minimal equipment as well as numerous video recording options. Upcoming firmware updates will deliver users free of charge updates for RTP/RTSP wired IP streaming, USB Tethering and more.
High quality video performance
Professional videographers raved about the previous GH5 model and the updated GH5 mark II is set to continue this trend. The entire sensor is used when shooting video, enabling the user to record uncropped video from the original viewing angle of the lens. Numerous recording options offer internal recording up to 4K 60p and 4:2:2 10-bit 30p, or 4K/6K Anamorphic modes.
V-Log L comes pre-installed, making it easy to match colour tones with footage recorded in other Lumix cameras. There are 35 compatible conversion LUTs for VariCam cinema cameras available for free download for this who prefer to have a starting point for colour grading. A Waveform Monitor and V-Log View Assist are part of the GH5M2’s on-board video toolkit.
The Photo Style menu provides two Cine-like gamma presets with warm skin tones and delicate luminosity nuances without colour grading over V-Log footage.
AF can be set before starting VFR recording in C4K/4K 60fps, Anamorphic 50fps and FHD 180fps.
Wireless live streaming
All you need is a smartphone with the LUMIX Sync app for wireless live-streaming with the GH5 Mark II. A maximum resolution/frame rate of FHD/60p at 16Mbps is supported using the H.264 codec. For wired live streaming, the dedicated LUMIX Webcam Software is available for free download. See our blog post here about How to use a camera for live streaming which also has links to Panasonic’s downloads.
Durable design for professional use
The Lumix GH5M2 has a full die-cast front and rear frame made of magnesium alloy and the body is splash, dust, and freeze resistant down to -10C degrees. The shutter unit provides a durable lifespan of approximately 200,000 cycles.
The updated camera uses the new 2200mAh battery DMW-BLK22 that complies with USB PD (Power Delivery) and can be recharged via AC or USB. The camera is also equipped with a double SD memory card slot compatible with V90-classified, high-speed, high-capacity UHS-II cards for Relay, Backup and Allocation Recording.
Hybrid photography capabilities
Whilst the GH5 mark II will inevitably be used predominantly for video and live streams, Panasonic has made sure photographers won’t be disappointed by the camera’s capabilities. It includes 4K and 6K photos at up to a blistering 60fps (or 12fps in mechanical shutter), easily fast enough for any action. A contrast based AF system includes Face, Eye, Body, Animal detection, with Full area touch available. The OLED Live View Finder with 3.68 million dots is bright and clear, with either 120fps or 60fps refresh rates and of course we have Bluetooth and WiFi for sharing. You can get more info in our in-depth review with more sample images and video of the Lumix GH5 M2 here.
What’s in the box
- Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 M2 camera body
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. lens
- Shoulder Strap
- Battery Pack
- Battery Charger
- AC Adaptor
- USB Connection Cable (A-C)
- Cable Holder
- Microphone Adaptor DMW-XLR1 - plug-in adaptor for XLR microphones for recording high-resolution 96kHz/24bit stereo sound
- Sandisk 64GB Extreme Pro SDHC 300MB/s UHS-II SD memory card - fast enough to keep pace with 4K/60 and high frame rates
- Atomos Ninja V 4K recorder - 4K/60 10bit HDR video direct from your camera's sensor
- Tiffen 58mm Variable ND filter - Provides 2 to 8 stops of light control when shooting video in brighter daylight
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 II|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 400|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 12|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 20|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 2|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 98|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 139|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 727|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 200 - 25600 (expands to 100 - 25600)|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 25600|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 200|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 100|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 225|
|Number of white balance presets: 5|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: Venus Engine|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1840000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 22|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 3680000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
This kit is designed as an all-in-one solution for content creators looking for an extremely compact professional tool. With a broad zoom range equivalent to 24-120mm in full frame terms, this kit can be pointed effectively at landscapes, portraits, used for day to day shooting as well as travel. The mark II GH5 has received several updates which result in even better capabilities that the much loved previous model. These include the latest Venus processor, wireless live streaming with minimal equipment (just a free app is needed), superb internal video recording at 4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit and pre-installed V-Log L. The camera is responsive thanks to the new processor and the articulating ‘selfie-style’ touchscreen LCD is brighter with better colour rendition, as well as being perfect for vlogging.
Panasonic ported algorithm’s over from their full frame cameras to increase body stabilisation to 6.5 stops and the Lumix lens also includes optical image stabilisation to help capture ultra smooth video. With both camera body and lens boasting dust, moisture and freeze-proofing down to -10C you can use this kit in almost any conditions without worrying about the elements. The latest AF capabilities include Auto Detection and tracking for Face, Eye, Body and Animal and you can burst at up to 60fps when using 4K photo mode.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.