Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f/4-6.3 ASPH Power O.I.S. Lens
The Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f/4-6.3 lens is crowned as the longest super telephoto zoom for micro four thirds system providing advanced optics with an equivalent 200-800mm focal range.
- Built-in image stabilisation as well as DUAL IS with compatible camera bodies
- Extremely compact ultra telephoto zoom lens with 200-800mm equivalent range
- Silent and quick AF well suited to fast moving subjects like wildlife photography
- High quality optical design which reduces aberrations and delivers sharp results with 4K video support
- Splash and dust-proof design for outdoor photography and videography
Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f/4-6.3 ASPH Power O.I.S. Lens
Designed for micro four thirds cameras the Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f/4-6.3 ASPH Power O.I.S. Lens offers an excellent telephoto zoom range with 200-800mm equivalent (full-frame format). Despite this it remains astonishingly mobile with its compact size of overall length approx.171.5 mm / 6.75 inch and light weight of approx. 985g / 34.74oz.
A powerful 100-400mm focal length pulls distant subjects up so close they appear to be right in front of your eyes. It also features 0.5x (35mm camera equivalent) capability for impressive macro shots.
- Image stabilisation in a light and compact casing
- High resolution LEICA DG lens quality
- Optimised for 4K video filming
- Accurate 240fps autofocus and silent zoom operation
- Compact and lightweight design
- Splash and dust-proof
Clearing the stringent quality standard of LEICA, this micro four thirds lens is composed of 20 elements in 13 groups. These include 2 ED lenses, 1 UED lens and 1 aspherical ED lens. UED and aspherical ED lens achieve high-resolution, high-contrast images from corner to corner. ED and UED lens effectively suppress chromatic aberration. Aspherical ED lens also helps dramatic downsizing despite its powerful zoom. Nine aperture blades produces an attractively smooth defocus effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings. They provide superb image quality across the entire zoom range.
LEICA DG VARIO-ELMAR 100-400mm / F4.0-6.3 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. features splash/dust-proof rugged design to stand against heavy field use such as wildlife photography. Thanks to the compact and light weight profile, this lens can be mounted easily on all LUMIX DSLM cameras without needing a stand*. The Zoom ring Lock keeps the locked zoom position securely. A tripod mount has also been incorporated to enable faster conversion between landscape and portrait orientation. * Requires External Tripod Mount when using the lens on DMC-GH4 camera with a Battery Grip.
Incorporating an inner focus drive system and stepping motor, the Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f/4-6.3 ASPH Power O.I.S. Lens is capable of smooth, silent operation to work with the camera's high-speed, high-precision contrast AF system for both photo and video recording. It is also compatible with the sensor drive at max. 240 fps to take maximum advantage of cameras with high-speed AF. This stunning AF performance is excellent enough to record 4K video, where precise focusing is severely required.
The POWER O.I.S. (Optical image Stabiliser) effectively compensates for the hand-shake movement, making it easy to shoot even without a tripod. The lens works with Dual I.S. (image Stabiliser) system when mounted on Panasonic LUMIX DSLM (Digital Single Lens Mirrorless) camera DMC-GX8 and other Panasonic Lumix MFT cameras.
What’s in the box
- Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f/4-6.3 ASPH Power O.I.S. Lens
- Lens cap
- Lens rear cap
- Lens storage bag
- External tripod mount
- Lens hood
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Micro Four Thirds Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 83|
|Length (mm): 172|
|Weight (g): 985|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 100 - 400 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 400|
|Maximum magnification: 0.25|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 100|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 1.3|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 aspherical ED, 1 UED, 2 ED elements|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Panasonic LEICA 100-400mm/F4-6.3 lens is ideal for shooting 4K video but is equally suited for outdoor photography and subjects at long range such as wildlife photography. The compact lens design is perfect for shooting handheld thanks to built-in POWER O.I.S. (Optical image Stabilisation) although users might choose a monopod depending on their subject. The zoom range is outstanding with a 200-800mm full frame equivalent, bringing any distant subjects close enough to shoot.
Fast AF uses an inner focus drive system and stepping motor, which is near silent. This excels for a range of subjects including video capture, whilst also benefiting bird photographers, wildlife and sports events. A number of features include a zoom ring lock, weather resistance and high speed 4K compatibility to ensure a professional workflow can be achieved with this lens. The rugged design is complemented by high quality optics which bear the Leica name along with Lumix optical prowess.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.