Panasonic 10-25mm f/1.7 lens Leica DG Vario-Summilux
The LEICA DG VARIO-SUMMILUX 10-25mm / F1.7 lens is both bright and compact. It is the first interchangeable lens to be introduced to the market featuring a full-range F1.7 high-speed aperture.
- Superb results throughout the zoom range which offers an equivalent 25-50mm (full frame)
- Versatile focal range supports a wide range of subjects including landscapes, portraits and street
- Leica DG optical design with special glass elements to enhance results
- Suitable for content creators shooting both stills and video with minimal focus breathing
- Weather sealed in multiple points for comprehensive dust and moisture resistance
Panasonic Lumix Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 ASPH Lens
Covering a focusing distance from wide angle to standard zoom range, the Panasonic Lumix Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 ASPH micro four thirds lens functions as a multiple fixed focal length lens providing the same or an even higher level of image quality than prime lenses can offer. With a 20-50mm full frame equivalent it is suitable for a variety of shooting situations, from dynamic landscapes to low-light candid shots, portraits and much more, dispelling the need to change lenses depending on the situation. Creators can switch between photos and video as this lens is adept for both with minimised focus breathing.
- Ultra wide to standard zoom lens with fast aperture
- Excels at a wide range of subjects from landscapes to portraits
- Designed for micro four thirds cameras
- Excellent optical quality from Leica DG optics
- Dust and splash resistant weather sealing
- Minimised focus breathing for video capture
- High quality optical design with several special lenses
Comprising 17 elements in 12 groups, the lens system features three aspherical lenses and four ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lenses that will effectively suppress axial chromatic aberration and chromatic aberration of magnification. Spherical aberration and distortion are also corrected by the aspherical lenses for stunningly high resolution. The use of aspherical lenses and the optimum design of the lens system results in a compact size and light weight despite its outstanding optical performance.
Compatibility with a maximum 240-fps high-speed sensor drive realises high-speed, high-precision auto focusing. Notably, the new lens excels in video recording performance. In addition to the silent operation achieved by the inner focus drive system, the step-less aperture ring and micro-step drive system in the aperture control section help the camera to smoothly catch up to brightness changes when zooming or panning. The optical design achieves exceptional barycentric stability to minimise image shifts during zooming. Adoption of a focus clutch mechanism enables instant AF/MF switching and accurate manual focusing. The Panasonic Lumix Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 ASPH Lens also excels in performance with a mechanism that suppresses focus breathing, which was a problem of interchangeable lenses designed for still image photography.
The rugged dust/splash-resistant design withstands use under harsh conditions even in 10 degrees below zero for high mobility. Nine blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth defocus effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings. Filter diameter is 77mm, while a highly reliable metal mount ensures long term reliability. The lens is perfectly complemented by its stablemate, the Panasonic Leica Vario-Summilux 25-50mm f/1.7 Lens which shares the same aperture and zoom range at a longer focal length.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Micro Four Thirds Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Panasonic Lumix Leica Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 offers outstanding performance for both photography and videography. Boasting a large f/1.7 aperture throughout the entire zoom range, you can shoot in lower light while capturing beautiful bokeh in your shots. This makes it suited to enthusiasts and professionals who need exceptional results in a compact zoom. The focal range suits numerous subjects wherever the adventure takes you, from landscapes and portraits to street photography and more.
A comprehensive set of weather seals ensure you can continue shooting when the wet weather starts and the lens has an overall high quality fit and finish. Rounding off versatility is the easy to find 77mm filter thread to add a circular polariser, ND and other filters.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.