OM-Systems M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm f/4 PRO Lens
The OM-Systems (olympus) M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm f/4 PRO Lens is a compact, lightweight, portable extending ultra wide to standard zoom lens for MFT cameras with an equivalent range of 16- 50mm (full-frame).
- Extremely versatile ultra wide angle to standard zoom lens for MFT cameras
- Accepts standard filters with 72mm thread despite ultra wide capabilities
- Macro-style images and close-focus range provide countless composition opportunities
- Manual focus clutch to pin-point focus without the need for switching AF on/off
- Compact and relatively lightweight with comprehensive weather resistance for travel and outdoors
OM-System (Olympus) .Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm f/4 PRO Lens Summary
The micro four thirds lens range is expanding with the addition of this Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm f/4 PRO Lens. This is Olympus’ first extending zoom for micro four thirds cameras, allowing the design to remain ultra compact for travel, extending when zoomed-in. With a 16-50mm equivalent focal range it boasts the ability to capture ultra wide angle images such as landscapes and interiors through to standard focal length subjects including portraits, street photography and of course videos. Sharpness is apparent throughout the range even wide open, which is ensured by a complex 16 element design that includes special Super ED, ED, and EDA lenses.
- Ultra wide to standard focal width zoom lens weighing only 411 grams
- Excellent image and video quality with high resolution, sharp details
- Compact design which extends when zooming-in
- Close focus distance of just 0.23m with wide angle macro-style images at 0.42x magnification
- 72 mm filter thread
- Excellent weather sealing with IPX1 dust and splash resistance
- Manual Focus Clutch
- Supports Focus Stacking where available on cameras
The 8-25mm f/4 has been designed to allow users to bring it anywhere without a weight penalty when shooting subjects such as landscapes, weighing in at 20% less than the M.Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO lens.
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm f/4 PRO Lens in More Detail
Professional quality optics in a lightweight package
Olympus has adopted a 16 element, 10-group configuration that includes several special lenses including Super ED, ED, and EDA elements. Various types of aberrations are thoroughly suppressed, such as chromatic aberration, resulting in high resolution, sharp images for which M.Zuiko PRO lenses are known. A large DSA lens included in the design significantly reduces sagittal comatic aberration.
This optical design delivers excellent image reproduction from the centre to the edges of the frame even at the widest aperture setting. The optimised ZERO Coating and lens shape help to suppress ghosts and flaring when shooting in backlit conditions resulting in sharp, high-definition results despite difficult conditions. Controlling exposure is easy with a constant f/4 aperture throughout the range, even when shooting video.
High-magnification ultra wide-angle zoom lens
With an equivalent focal range of 16-50mm giving 3.1x zoom magnification, the Digital ED 8-25mm f/4 PRO covers a number of subjects and shooting scenarios. Despite this broad range the lens weighs only 411g. remaining compact and lightweight for travel and hiking.
What’s in the box
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm f/4 PRO Lens for micro four thirds
- LH-76E Lens Hood
- LC-72C Lens Cap
- LR-2 Rear Cap
- Wrapping Cloth
- Free six-month warranty extension
- LSC-0914 Lens Case
- Hoya Revo SMC 72mm Circular Polarising Filter - an excellent CPL for reducing glare, reflections and often mounted when shooting any type of water outdoors.
- Lee Filters 100mm System 72mm Wide Angle Adaptor Ring - dive into the excellent LEE100 system with the correct lens adapter ring.
- Lee Filters Lee100 Filter System Landscape Kit - Every you need to get into landscapes using LEE filters.
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 77|
|Length (mm): 89|
|Weight (g): 411|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 8 - 25 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 25|
|Maximum magnification: 0.14|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 8|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.23|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 DSA + 1 Super ED + 1 ED + 1 HR + 2 aspherical ED elements, ZERO coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Olympus has applied a considerable level of optical expertise with the M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm f/4 PRO Lens. Enthusiasts and professionals who shoot a range of subjects gain a compact and lightweight extending ultra wide zoom which is also versatile enough to capture everyday subjects. The extending design cuts out areas on the barrel where the elements can enter the inner mechanism, reducing packed size and ensuring top level weather resistance. If you add it to a camera like the OM-D E-M5 Mark III, you have a combined weight of just 825g which is impressively light for such a wide focal range. An IPX1 rating ensures vertical water drips will stay out of the lens, making for an all round outdoor winning combination.
Results are impressive throughout the range too, with highly detailed, sharp results rendered from a collection of 16 elements in 10 groups. The use of special elements significantly reduces aberrations including sagittal comatic aberration, keeping images and movies sharp even at the widest f/4 aperture. Olympus has also used their ZERO Coating to help suppress ghosting and flaring in backlit conditions, which may occur when shooting landscapes, architecture and other subjects which this lens is designed for. A close focus distance of just 23cm opens up exciting compositional opportunities to create ultra wide scenes and the lens is thoughtfully compatible with camera focus stacking systems to help compensate for depth of field in these situations. Topping off an impressive list of benefits is the ability to use regular lens filters, which is rare at these ultra wide angle focal widths and deemed essential for some styles of outdoor photography.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.