- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Camera Body - Black
This product is no longer available
The black Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III mirrorless camera has extensive updates with an all new compact weather sealed body, high res 20.4MP sensor, new in-body stabilisation and phase detect AF system.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- A compact, lightweight body built for any weather
- New 4K video and 120 fps high speed shooting in Full HD.
- High Res Shot for 50MB equivalent high-resolution photos
- 5.5 stops of stills & video stabilisation, up to 6.5 with stabilised lens
- 121-point all cross-type on-chip phase detection autofocus
The updated Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III in this classic black colour features a weather-sealed construction, high-performance autofocus capabilities and an up to 5.5 EV stops of image and movie stabilisation. Along with these upgrades, Olympus have also created new shooting features to deliver brilliant image quality and an extensive array of creative options for photographers and filmmakers. Even when paired with professional-grade M.Zuiko PRO lenses, the camera system remains compact and lightweight and can be taken anywhere.
The combination of 20.4MP resolution, high performance lens options and powerful image stabilisation helps photographers and videographers achieve sharp results, in a variety of shooting situations. The new OM-D E-M5 Mark III packs some of the latest imaging technologies into a portable ‘go anywhere' body.
Olympus worked hard to miniaturise the previous model, in an effort to provide the smallest body possible. Being one of the most compact and lightweight cameras in its class, the E-M5 Mark III can easily be carried on any trip, making it ideal for travel photographers and Vloggers.
The E-M5 Mark III boasts a number of features inherited from the flagship OM-D E-M1 Mark II camera. Combining these with the 20.4 MP Live MOS sensor and high-speed TruePic VIII image processing creates a powerful system for semi-pros and enthusiasts. When paired with excellent high-resolution M.Zuiko lenses, the new body is capable of capturing images with minimal noise even at high ISO settings, and delivers edge to edge image quality with minimal distortion.
For clean, dust free images, in virtually any weather, the camera body is now constructed with a dust, splash, and freeze-proof chassis, enabling photographers to focus on shooting without worrying about weather conditions. Olympus' acclaimed SSWF (Super Sonic Wave Filter) sensor cleaning technology reduces the amount of dust and dirt that may end up in photos or video by vibrating the image sensor filter 30,000 times per second when turning the camera on. The iconic design has been further improved ergonomically by adding thumb rests on the back with an enlarged grip to provide a more solid purchase on the camera.
The OM-D E-M5 Mark III is equipped with Olympus' highly regarded 121-point all cross-type On-chip Phase Detection autofocus (AF) system which allows different single and group target options. Unlike the autofocus in DSLR cameras there is no reduction in AF precision when using a fast lens. This system offers high-precision, high-speed focusing from the maximum aperture of all M.Zuiko lenses regardless of subject pattern. The algorithm has been further improved, preventing the focus from unexpectedly jumping to the background even in mixed perspective scenes with near and far subjects. This will appeal to a variety of photographers from sports, action and wildlife to portrait and wedding shooters.
To assist capturing fast movements, such as sports or wildlife photography, the E-M5 Mark III allows up to 10 fps high-speed sequential shooting in AF/AE tracking. The moving subject tracking algorithm utilises AF information from both Live View and recorded images to enable quick tracking of unpredictable movement as well as changes in subject speed.
The high-speed, high-precision AF brings out the full potential of the MSC (Movie & Still Compatible) mechanism which enables fast and quiet autofocusing when using M.Zuiko lenses.
Features in Detail
Image and Video Stabilisation: IBS 5-Axis with up to 5.5 stops of compensation
20.4MP Live CMOS Sensor
Phase Detect Autofocus: 121-Point all cross type dual phase and contrast detect AF
Video features: 4K and C4K recording, various levels of image stabilisation, 120 fps high-speed shooting in Full HD, microphone Jack
High speed: 30fps silent electronic shutters
Night-photography: Unique Composite mode for light painting and star-trails
Pro Capture: Capture up to 14 frames in split-second moments
High-Res Shot for 50M high-resolution images from a tripod
Focus Bracketing & Focus Stacking: Extend depth of field and dynamic range
High speed shooting: 1/8000 second high-speed mechanical shutter
Wi-Fi & Bluetooth: Image transfer to smartphones
Image modes: Art filters and scene modes for easy handling and creative options
The Mark 3 OM-D E-M5 is the update to an incredibly popular camera model aimed at enthusiasts and semi-professionals. These photographers will be extremely pleased with such an extensive round of upgrades from Olympus. The redesigned mirrorless body is not only smaller and lighter at 366g, but benefits from excellent weather sealing and a host of pro features inherited from Olympus' flagship model OM-D E-M1.
The combination of improved in-body stabilisation, new algorithms in the TruePic VIII processor and fast on-chip phase detect autofocus make for a high speed, highly competent stills and video hybrid camera. A staggering 30fps shooting in silent electronic shutter is amply quick enough for demanding wildlife and sports applications. New features also help photographers to capture even more high quality images, with greater depth field, better long exposures and ultra high resolution 50MP photos captured from a tripod.
The mark III has broad appeal as one of the lightest cameras in its' class with a comprehensive range of similarly lightweight compatible M.Zuiko lenses available. This will appeal to photographers who travel as light as possible, or who carry several lenses for their hobby or assignments. Night photographers will also love the in-camera feature aimed solely at them, together with action shooters who will love the pro capture mode. This is an extremely worthy upgrade, side-grade or brand new system suitable for virtually all photography and video styles.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.