Nikon Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 SE VR Silver Edition Lens
The Nikon Z DX 16-50mm VR Silver Edition DX Lens has been designed to complement the retro heritage Z fc camera offering content creators a lightweight 135g standard zoom for a wide range of subjects.
- Beautiful new silver styling perfectly matches retro heritage camera designs
- Versatile zoom range ideal for anything from street photography to landscapes and portraits
- Fast, near silent AF motor captures subjects quickly and efficiently including video capture
- In-lens vibration reduction provides up to 4.5 stops of compensation when shooting in low light
- Advanced optical design ensures crisp videos and sharp images throughout the range
Nikon Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 SE VR Silver Edition Lens Summary
Nikon has redesigned a classic zoom in the form of this Nikon Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 SE VR Silver Edition Lens to accompany the release of the heritage style Z fc Mirrorless Camera. The versatile zoom has a matching silver finish which delivers an FX equivalent range of 24-75mm. This makes for an excellent all round wide to short telephoto suitable for anything from portraits and landscapes to video and a general walk around option.
The DX lens is compact at 32mm and lightweight at just 135 g, making for a convenient lens to carry around anywhere. It delivers high resolution throughout the zoom range, making an ideal match for the sensors found in Nikon Z series DX cameras.
Features at a glance
- Redesigned with silver to match retro style camera bodies
- Silent AF motor
- Minimum focus distance of 0.2 m
- High resolving 4K optimised
- In-lens Vibration Reduction with up to 4.5 stops compensation
- Extending zoom design remains compact when stowed
- Silent control ring can be used for key functions including manual focus, aperture control
An optical design includes 9 elements in 7 groups (with 1 ED element and 4 aspherical elements) resulting in excellent detail and sharpness. The convenient 46mm filter thread allows you to attach ND filters for video, circular polarisers or any other lens filter as required.
What’s in the box
- Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 SE VR Silver Edition
- Lens Cap LC-46B
- Rear Cap LF-N1
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 70|
|Length (mm): 32|
|Weight (g): 135|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 16 - 50 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 50.0|
|Maximum magnification: 0.200|
|Maximum aperture (number): 3.50|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 16.0|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.20|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16.00|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 ED + 4 aspherical elements, Super Integrating Coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Nikon has updated the design of one of their most popular DX format mirrorless lenses to accompany the launch of their first retro style Z fc Camera. The lens has been adjusted to look the part when mounted on the camera body, but it’s not just about styling with a lens and the compact model delivers admirably. A complex optical design renders crisp and sharp details for both movies and images. whilst the near silent AF motor works seamlessly with the latest Eye detection and Face detection algorithms. Subjects are acquired and tracked confidently throughout the range, ideal for photographers and movie makers.
In-lens vibration reduction adds 4.5 stops of stability which is really useful when working in low light or when shooting movies handheld. Another benefit of this lens is a close focus distance of just 20cm enabling you to get extremely close to your subject for more dynamic compositions. The lens can be purchased as this standalone option as well as in the Z fc Camera and Z 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 Lens Kit here. There aren’t many alternative lenses for the Z system which offer DX sensor users with such as competent and versatile range and it looks especially nice in this silver finish.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.