Nikon Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S Lens
With a Phase Fresnel element the Nikon Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S Lens is the lightest super telephoto prime in its class, and offers up to 6-stops Synchro VR with S-Line quality and excellent results for wildlife, sports and more.
- Compact and lightweight 600mm super telephoto prime lens, which is the lightest model in its class
- High-quality S-line optics and Nikon coatings deliver sharp clear results, even when shooting backlit subjects
- Built-in optical vibration reduction reduces the effects of camera shake by 5.5-stops or up to 6-stops with a Synchro-capable body
- Fast, near silent AF motor and customisable lens buttons support professional workflows and razor sharp results
- Weather sealed against dirt, dust and moisture and fully compatible with mirrorless Z teleconverters for greater reach
Nikon Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S Lens Summary
Nikon is extending the range of full-frame super telephoto options for wildlife photography, motor sports, airplane photography and more with the Nikon Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S Lens. The state-of-the-art fixed focal width prime features a Phase Fresnel element in order to keep the weight down to just 1470g, making it the lightest model in its class.
Through its combination of lightweight design and built-in optical vibration reduction (VR), you can achieve up to 5.5 stops VR when handholding, which increases to 6-stops with the latest bodies such as the flagship Nikon Z9 and Z8 camera. What’s more, the Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S lens is fully compatible with mirrorless Z teleconverters where it delivers superb clarity and detail, even when shooting backlit subjects. This allows you to reach incredible focal lengths of 840mm and 1200mm depending on which is used to capture extremely distant or smaller subjects.
An advanced optical design with special lens elements renders high quality, detailed and sharp results, and the super telephoto lens will track and focus on your subject in near silence when you’re panning or framing tight shots.
As with the majority of S-line Nikon mirrorless lenses you can streamline your workflow through customisable function buttons, while the silent control ring can be programmed to manually adjust focus, aperture, ISO or exposure compensation.
Key Nikon Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S Lens Features
- Lightest super telephoto FX lens in its class at 1470g
- Compatible with Nikon Z 1.4x Teleconverter and Z 2.0x Teleconverter
- 5.5-stop VR rising to 6-stops Synchro VR with compatible Nikon mirrorless cameras
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- Internal focusing system
- Customisable silent control ring and L-fn buttons
- Set predefined focus positions with the memory-set button
- High-speed, near silent AF tracking
- Rubber gaskets for dust, dirt and moisture resistance
- Fluorine coated front element
Nikon Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S Super Telephoto Lens in More Detail
S-Line optics for stunning handheld shots
Nikon’s optical design for this prime lens features 21 elements in 14 groups, which include 2 ED elements, 1 SR element and 1 PF element. Through the combination of ED and SR glass this super telephoto lens achieves excellent results with sharp details, whilst controlling chromatic aberration from the centre to the edge of the image.
The inclusion of a specially shaped Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element has allowed Nikon to keep the lens incredibly lightweight for handheld shooting and portability.
An 11 rounded diaphragm opening enables you to capture smooth out-of-focus areas in the frame, highlighting a tack sharp subject against beautiful defocus with rounded bokeh, which only S-line primes deliver.
Capture superb detail and clarity in images, even if you’re shooting straight into the sunset or with a teleconverter attached, while extending focal widths to 840mm or 1200mm. Additionally, both the Z 1.4x Teleconverter and Z 2.0x Teleconverter are sealed against dust and moisture, matching the Nikon Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S lens’ weather sealing for outdoor use.
Fast and accurate autofocus
With a near silent high-speed AF motor the Nikon Z 600mm f/6.3 super telephoto lens will track and focus on your subject with ease, regardless of whether you’re capturing motocross, aerobatics or birds in flight.
This allows you to enjoy fast, smooth, and reliable AF performance across a variety of situations and keep up with fast-paced action, especially when paired with Nikon’s extremely capable camera subject detection and tracking capabilities.
Up to 6-stops vibration reduction
In-lens optical VR keeps shots steady, providing up to 5.5-stops of vibration reduction, which rises to 6-stops when paired with the latest compatible camera bodies that support Synchro VR. Nikon’s effective optical VR supports handheld photography and videography in low light, helping you to capture pin sharp results throughout any challenging lighting conditions.
Customisable lens barrel controls
By featuring an intuitive layout which lets you control key functions without taking your eye away from the camera viewfinder, the Nikon Z 600mm follows the trend of previous models such as the comparable Z 800mm F/6.3 VR S Lens.
All of your favourite functions can be assigned to the L-Fn button, or any of the four L-fn2 buttons, while the silent control ring can be programmed to manually adjust focus, aperture, ISO or exposure compensation. When using the memory-set button you can instantly recall preferred focus positions in order to save time and capture decisive moments more easily.
To support demanding outdoor use the Z 600mm super telephoto lens features rubber gaskets, which reduce the impact of dust, dirt and moisture, helping to protect moving parts and the wide Z mount.
The front elements is also finished with Nikon’s fluorine coating, which helps to repel contaminants and make it easier to clean your lens. Other features include a removable tripod foot, which reduces the weight to 1390g, a 4m minimum focus distance and 0.15x maximum magnification ratio.
With its 95mm filter thread you can add suitable lens filters for any situation, whether you need a UV filter to reduce telephoto haze, a circular polariser to maintain contrast or an ND filter for video recording.
What’s in the box
- Nikon Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S Lens for Nikon Z mount
- LF-N1 rear cap
- LC-95B lens cap
- HB-105A lens hood
- CL-C6 lens case
Nikon Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S Lens Specifications
Nikon Z mount
With Z 1.4 TC teleconverter
With Z 2.0 TC teleconverter
Nano Crystal Coat
f/6.3 - f/32
21 elements in 14 groups (2 ED, 1 SR, 1 PF, elements with a Nano Crystal coat, and a fluorine-coated front lens element)
Angle of view
4°10′ (FX format) 2°40′ (DX format)
Up to 5.5 stops or 6-stops using Synchro VR
11 (round diaphragm opening)
Minimum focus distance
Maximum reproduction ratio
Filter attachment size
Maximum diameter x length
Approx. 106.5 x 278mm
Approx. 1470g with tripod collar attached
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Nikon is doing an amazing job by releasing high-quality telephoto lenses in support of their mirrorless wildlife and sports photographers. The Z 600mm f/6.3 VR S Lens for Nikon Z mount is the latest to arrive in 2023, and combines super telephoto reach with S-line quality with portability.
By using a Phase Fresnel element Nikon has managed to keep the weight down to under 1.5kg, which is considerably lighter than equivalent options for DSLR or mirrorless systems. It also houses several special lens elements and proprietary coatings in order to render high-quality sharp results, with minimal aberrations.
The lens supports handholding through its lightweight nature and powerful optical VR, which will achieve as much as 6-stops compensation when combined with a recent mirrorless Z body which supports Synchro VR. With the relatively bright aperture, VR and 11-bladed aperture design you can achieve beautifully smooth defocus areas, rounded bokeh and shoot comfortably in low light.
These characteristics are supported by a fast and quiet AF motor, along with extensive customisation to adjust the lens to suit your shooting style. You can even add Z teleconverters to gain huge reach of up to 1200mm for extremely distant or small subjects, ensuring this will be one of the most popular super telephoto primes amongst Nikon’s sports and wildlife photographers.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.