Nikon Z 17-28mm f/2.8 Lens
The Nikon Z 17-28mm f/2.8 Lens for Z mount full-frame cameras (FX) offers a constant bright aperture, silent AF for stills and void with an ultra wide zoom range in a compact body, which weighs just 450g.
- Extremely compact and portable ultra wide angle zoom lens which delivers excellent results for stills and video
- Bright constant maximum aperture allows you to shoot handheld in low light and experiment with shallow depth of field
- Fast and silent AF system is ideal for shooting in quiet situations with no audible noise when recording video
- 9-bladed f/2.8 aperture renders smooth rounded bokeh with silky smooth out of focus backgrounds
- Close 0.19m minimum focus distance allows you to exaggerate perspectives and capture dynamic compositions
Nikon Z 17-28mm f/2.8 Lens Summary
Adding to the growing list of Z mount options, is this ultra wide angle Nikon Z 17-28mm f/2.8 Lens, which delivers advanced features for photographers, videographers and hybrid creators. Designed for full-frame FX cameras, the Z 17-28mm offers a bright f/2.8 constant aperture throughout the zoom range, within a compact and light body, which weighs just 450g.
The versatile 17-28mm focal length is ideal for capturing subjects such as landscapes, cityscapes and interiors, as well as street photography, food and travel, to name just a few. Weather sealing and low maintenance coatings also help keep you shooting, even if the weather turns south while out in the field.
For videographers, this Nikon lens shows minimal focus breathing and includes a fast and silent AF motor, with an internal focusing system which maintains the overall size when focusing from near to far.
An extremely close minimum focus distance of just 19cm also allows you to capture beautiful frame-filling shots, with sharp results delivered by an advanced optical formula which includes six special lens elements.
- Ultra wide angle zoom lens, which weighs just 450g
- Excellent sharpness and well controlled distortion
- Constant f/2.8 aperture throughout the range
- Silent AF for stills and video
- Extremely close 0.19m minimum focus distance
- Well suppressed focus breathing
- Compact 67mm filter thread
- 9-bladed aperture and smooth rounded bokeh
- Customisable control ring
- Weather sealed from dust and moisture
Nikon Z 17-28mm f/2.8 Lens in More Detail
Compact and highly portable ultra wide zoom lens
The Nikon Z 17-28mm f/2.8 measures approximately 75mm x 101mm and weighs just 450g. This means you can carry a powerful compact zoom for extended periods and when travelling, without any noticeable burden. The smaller size also helps with cost-effective lens filters, with a compact 67mm filter thread at the front of the barrel for polarisers, ND filters and filter systems.
Versatile zoom range with close minimum focus
The wide 17mm end of the zoom is perfect for dramatic compositions, capturing entire buildings, expansive interiors and grand landscapes, while 24mm and 28mm are both classic wide angle focal lengths for numerous subjects, including environmental portraits and documentary.
At the wide end of the zoom range you can get as close as 0.19m to your subject and capture dynamic compositions and extreme close-ups. At the 28mm end of the zoom you can shoot as close as 0.28m, which provides equally impressive opportunity for engaging images and video footage. At any focal length the Nikon Z 17-28mm provides a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.19x.
Constant bright aperture
With a constant bright maximum f/2.8 aperture, the Z 17-28mm lens is not only a master of low light situations, but allows you to create soft blurry backgrounds to isolate your subject. You can experiment with a shallow depth of field, selective focus and create dreamy looking bokeh balls, which are smooth and rounded thanks to the 9-bladed aperture opening.
Excellent sharpness and resolution
The optical formula for this particular Nikon mirrorless lens is made up from 13 elements arranged into 11 groups, including 2 ED elements, 1 super-ED element and 3 aspherical elements. These combine to render extremely well controlled images with excellent levels of detail, low distortion and reduced aberrations. Whether you shoot stills or video the Nikon Z 17-28mm delivers consistently high image quality with noticeable sharpness and detail.
Nikon has included comprehensive weather sealing in order to keep dust and moisture out of the lens, with an oil and moisture repellent coating on the front element. This helps to reduce smears and fingerprints, whilst also making it easier to maintain, with consistent results.
What's in the box
- Nikon Nikkor Z 17-28mm f/2.8 ultra wide angle zoom lens for Z mount
- LF-N1 Lens Cap
- HB 107 Lens Hood NEW
- CL C1 Lens Case
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 75|
|Length (mm): 101|
|Weight (g): 450|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 17 - 28 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 28|
|Maximum magnification: 0.19|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 17|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.19|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Three aspherical elements, two extra-low dispersion (ED) elements and one Super ED element|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Nikon Z 17-28mm f/2.8 makes for an appealing ultra wide angle zoom lens, which covers a versatile focal length and is suitable for the many of the most popular wide angle subjects. Low weight and the compact design are major selling points, as you can travel and shoot all day, without the weight typically associated with this type of lens.
Results are suitably impressive, perfect for full-frame Nikon mirrorless cameras, although it can also be used on DX crop sensor bodies just as effectively. At the wide 17mm end of the zoom you can capture sharp results as close as 19cm from your subject, as well as epic grand scenes, whether indoors, around the city, or out in the landscape. At the other end 24mm and 28mm offer a classic field of view which is ideal for all manner of subjects.
As a hybrid lens, videographers benefit from fast and silent AF, along with well controlled focus breathing, allowing you to make focus pulls without obvious changes to the frame. The bright constant aperture and 9-bladed diaphragm add to the list of benefits for photographers and video creators. These allow you to shoot handheld in low light, experiment with fine focus and depth of field as well as render beautiful bokeh balls with dreamy backgrounds. We’re sure this lens will make an extremely welcome addition for Nikon mirrorless users to capture a multitude of scenes, both indoors and out.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.