Nikon Z 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 S Zoom Lens For Z Mount
Nikon is announcing the NIKKOR Z 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 VR S – the first Z series super-telephoto zoom lens
Nikon Nikkor Z 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 S Zoom Lens For Z Mount
The fast, sharp and versatile companion to Nikon Z cameras. The NIKKOR Z 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 VR S focuses quickly and quietly to track fast-moving subjects with absolute precision, even if they’re moving erratically. Its 100-400mm telephoto zoom range and superior optical performance deliver exceptional results across a huge range of situations, whether the subject is relatively close or far away. Added to this, the powerful VR performance equivalent to 5.5 stops lets photographers shoot handheld at slower shutter speeds without sacrificing sharpness. Minimum focus distance is just 0.75 m at the wide-angle end of the zoom range, and 0.98 m at full extension.
Nikon Nikkor Z 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 S Zoom Lens Sample Images
Mounted on Nikon Z6. 400mm 1/400 sec. f/5.6. ISO 320
Mounted on Nikon Z6. 400mm 1/3200 sec. f/14. ISO 1800
Nikon Nikkor Z 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 S Zoom Lens Specifications
|Mount||Nikon Z mount|
|Focal length||100 - 400 mm|
|Maximum aperture||f/4.5 - 5.6|
|Lens construction||25 elements in 20 groups (including 6 ED glass elements, 2 Super ED glass elements, elements with Nano Crystal Coat and ARNEO Coat, and a fluorine-coated front lens element)|
|Angle of view||FX format: 24°20′-6°10′ DX format: 16°00′-4°00′|
|Focusing system||Multi-focusing system, Internal focusing system, manual focus can be used.|
|Vibration reduction mechanism (lens-shift system w/ voice coil motor)|
|Vibration reduction (VR)||Yes (OFF / NORMAL / SPORT) *Switch with camera body|
|When a tripod is used||Enabling the VR function is recommended (OFF is recommended when shooting with a fixed composition)|
|Diaphragm blades||9 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Aperture system||Automatic aperture with electro-magnetic diaphragm mechanism|
|Aperture range||• At a focus distance of 100 mm: f/4.5 - f/32 • At a focus distance of 400 mm: f/5.6 - f/40|
|Minimum focus distance||0.75 m from focal plane (at wide-angle position, 0.98 m at telephoto position)|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.38×|
|Weight||Approx. 1,355 g (excluding a tripod mount), approx. 1,435 g (including a tripod mount)|
|Maximum diameter x length (distance to end of lens from camera lens mount flange)||Approx. 98 × 222 mm (measured in accordance with CIPA Guidelines)|
|Filter-attachment size||77 mm|
|AF drive motor||STM (stepping motor) × 2|
|Nano Crystal Coat||Yes|
|Focus-mode switch||Yes (A/M)|
|Front lens cap||LC-77B Lens Cap (supplied, 77mm snap-on)|
|Rear lens cap||LF-N1 Lens Cap (supplied)|
|Lens case||CL-C3 Lens Case (supplied)|
|Lens hood||HB-103 Lens Hood (supplied, bayonet type) NEW|
|Compatable accessories||77 mm screw-on filters 77 mm Neutral Color (NC) Filter 77 mm New Soft-Focus Filter 77 mm Circular Polarizing Filter II|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.