Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G ED Wide Angle Prime Lens
The AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G ED is small, light wide angle prime lens from Nikon, which you can take anywhere, featuring nano crystal coating and a silent focus motor, for accurate, sharp results.
Nikon have extended their range of prime lenses with the introduction of the AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED. This ultra-wide angle lens offers exceptional image quality, as well as clear images in low light situations thanks to its f/1.8 aperture.
Small and lightweight, this lens can be carried with you wherever you go. It's an ideal lens to use if you're looking to shoot lndscapes, architecture, streetscapes or spacious-looking interiors. You'll find that the fast f/1.8 aperture allows for a shallow depth of field and smooth bokeh.
This lens can also be used on a DX format Nikon DSLR, and it will give you a focal length of 36mm.
- Fast 24mm prime lens
- Bright f/1.8 aperture
- Compact and lightweight
- Superb optical performance
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Silent wave Motor (SWM)
Included: bayonet lens hood and soft lens pouch.
Fast 24mm prime lens: FX-format lens with ultra-wide 24mm focal length (36mm when used with a Nikon DX-format SLR). Ideal for landscapes, architecture, interiors and streetscapes, as well as for shooting movie footage.
Bright f/1.8 aperture: allows for distinctive images with shallow depth of field and smooth bokeh. Benefit from the flexibility to shoot with faster shutter speeds and attain clear shots in low light, plus a bright viewfinder image.
Compact and lightweight: the ultra-portable build makes this a comfortable lens to carry around, and a great lens to travel with.
High-resolution images: an excellent match for high-resolution D-SLRs, this lens yields superb clarity and contrast throughout the frame. The optical design delivers beautifully rendered images and movies.
Superb optical performance: two extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass elements and two aspherical lens elements ensure crisp, brilliant images. Distortion is well controlled, and most forms of aberration and colour dispersion are effectively minimised.
Nano Crystal Coat: reduces ghosting and flare for greater image clarity, even in backlit situations.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): for quiet and accurate autofocus.
Minimum focus distance: 0.23m. Easily get in close and have subjects fill the frame.
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G ED Wide Angle Prime Lens Specifications
|Lens construction||12 elements in 9 groups (including 2 ED glass elements, 2 aspherical lens elements, and lens elements with Nano Crystal Coat)|
|Angle of view||Nikon film SLR and FX-format D-SLR cameras: 84°. Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 61°|
|Minimum focus distance||0.23m from focal plane|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.20x|
|No. of diaphragm blades||7 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Filter attachment size||72mm|
|Diameter x length (extension from lens mount)||Approx. 77.5 × 83.0mm|
|Weight||Approx. 355 g|
|Supplied accessories||LC-72 72 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, HB-76 Bayonet Hood, CL-1015 Lens Case|
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Lenses F mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 78|
|Length (mm): 83|
|Weight (g): 355|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 24 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 24|
|Maximum magnification: 0.2|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 24|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.23|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 2 ED and 2 aspherical elements + nano crystal coat|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
If you're looking for a compact, versatile lens for your Nikon DSLR, then this lens is ideal to capture some exceptional quality stills and movies.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.