Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Standard Zoom Lens
Updated by Nikon, the AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR zoom lens for F Mount has been fully weather sealed, features updated optics for exceptional resolution & now has 4 stops of image stabilisation.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture allows hand-held shooting in low light
- Superb image quality with edge to edge sharpness and clarity
- Fast, accurate focusing with manual focus override
- Fantastic all round focal range
Nikon have completely updated their popular 24-70mm f/2.8 lens with a new version that now incorporates Vibration Reduction. You'll also find that this lens has a new optical design developed to combat chromatic aberrations, and that the autofocus speed has also been improved (by around 1.5x compared to the older 24-70mm) using Nikon's Silent Wave Motor.
In addition to the optical design being updated, you'll also find that Nikon have strengthened the whole construction of this lens to be able to withistand the punishment it might be exposed to over the years of use it would bring. The lens is fully weather sealed to repel water, dust and dirt.
- Professional f/2.8 standard zoom
- Fast f/2.8 aperture
- Vibration Reduction (VR)
- advanced optical construction
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Electromagnetic diaphragm
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Rugged and reliable
- Fluorine coating
Included: detachable hood with lock, and soft case.
Nikon’s workhorse which is the most widely used professional lens in the NIKKOR line-up. If you need a single lens that can handle just about any shooting opportunity, this is it.
Stills or video - Nikon’s renowned wide-angle to medium-telephoto zoom responds to the demands of professional use with exceptional integrity.
The AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR zoom range easily covers the sweet spot for everything from landscapes and studio work to weddings and press events. The constant f/2.8 aperture enables exceptional low-light performance and consistent exposure across the entire zoom range. You get exceptional results whether shooting stills or video.
Benefit from quicker AF and an electromagnetic diaphragm that enables exceptional burst performance.
Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor delivers ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocus performance with seamless manual override. The addition of an electromagnetic diaphragm enables consistent, more precise exposures during high-speed bursts.
Nikon’s powerful Vibration Reduction offers an impressive four-stop advantage. Shoot handheld at slower shutter speeds without sacrificing sharpness.
Vibration Reduction lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to four stops slower than otherwise possible. Camera shake is minimised, even in low-light situations.
Work with uncompromising image quality. The updated optical construction delivers exceptional resolution all the way to the edge of the frame.
This is the first NIKKOR lens to include an aspherical extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass element that combats chromatic aberrations and coma, and reduces light fall-off. Nikon’s Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare for greater image clarity.
Capture the shot regardless of environment. This fully weather-sealed lens is ready to withstand the rigours of daily professional use.
Nikon has strengthened the construction of this workhorse lens. A fluorine coating applied to the front and rear elements of the lens actively repels water, dust, and dirt without compromising image quality. And the coating makes it easier to clean the glass without damaging the surface. The release lock in the included hood is positioned in a recess to prevent accidental removal.
20 elements in 16 groups (including 2 ED glass, 1 aspherical ED glass, 3 aspherical lens and 1 HRI lens elements; lens elements with Nano Crystal Coat and fluorine coat)
angle of view
FX-format D-SLR cameras: 84°-34°20'. Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 61°-22°50'
Minimum focus distance
35-50mm focal length: 0.38m (1.2 ft) from focal plane. 24, 28, 70mm focal lengths: 0.41m (1.3 ft) from focal plane
maximum reproduction ratio
No. of diaphragm blades
9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
Filter attachment Size
diameter x length (extension from Lens mount)
Approx. 88.0 × 154.5mm
Approx. 1,070 g
LC-82 82 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap, HB-74 Bayonet Hood, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, CL-M3 Semi-soft Case
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Lenses F mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 88|
|Length (mm): 155|
|Weight (g): 1070|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 24 - 70 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 70|
|Maximum magnification: 0.27|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 24|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.38|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 3 aspherical and 2 ED elements + nano crystal and fluorine coatings|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The previous 24-70mm lens from Nikon was very popular with enthusiastic amateurs and professional photographers, and with the new additions to the optical quality and the physical construction of the lens, this will be an excellent addition to your kit bag.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.