Leica Summilux M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH FLE Lens Silver Anodised
This product is no longer available
The silver anodised Leica Summilux-M 35mm lens is one of the most popular M-mount lenses available, delivering outstanding performance, fine details and edge to edge sharpness and clarity throughout.
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Leica SUMMILUX-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH file Silver Anodised
The new Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH in Silver Anodized Finish is optically and mechanically identical to the black chrome version, and weighs the same thanks to its aluminum construction. 35 mm lenses are the most popular in the M-System. Their mixture of moderate wide angle characteristics paired with natural dimensions make this focal length extremely versatile. Often, it is the first choice on a new M camera , and therefore many famous pictures have been taken with a 35 mm lens.
The Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. is a further revised version of this popular wide-angle lens for the Leica M rangefinder system. Thanks to the latest developments in the fields of optics and precision engineering, the new 35mm lens sets a whole new standard in the fast wide-angle lens portfolio. Whether it's a matter of selective focus in the close-up range, high-contrast available light applications or landscape shots with immense depth of field, the lens delivers persuasive arguments in any situation.
More compact, higher performance
In comparison with its predecessor, the new Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. now incorporates a floating element: the lenses behind the aperture blades are constructed as a floating group that changes its position relative to the front lens group during focusing to ensure that the Leica Summilux-M 1:1.4/35 mm ASPH. achieves outstanding imaging performance at closer focusing distances.
Another new feature is a full-metal, rectangular, screw-mount lens hood that contributes significantly to the compact dimensions of the lens.
The optical design of the Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. has also been optimized for use on the digital Leica M models. It reveals the full extent of its outstanding performance particularly when mounted on a full format digital M body. The Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. also delivers excellent results on analogue M models and is destined to become an indispensable component of every M system outfit.
Even wide open, the Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. reveals performance characteristics without precedent in the field of compact 35 mm lenses: outstanding imaging performance over the entire focus range, from infinity to minimum focus; excellent contrast, even in the finest structures; superb rendition of detail across the entire image field; good field flattening and, stopped down to f/2 and onward, almost complete freedom from coma effects. It is almost impossible to improve this excellent optical performance by stopping down.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.