Laowa 6mm f/2 Zero-D Lens for Micro Four Thirds
The Laowa 6mm f/2 Zero-D Lens for Micro Four Thirds is a tiny, ultra-wide rectilinear prime, which weighs just 188g, accepts regular 58mm screw-in filters and captures low distortion photos and videos with EXIF data.
- Capture ultra-wide low distortion photos and videos with the widest rectilinear lens for micro four thirds cameras
- Super lightweight 188g portable design, perfect for travel, handheld shooting, and mounted on gimbals or drones
- Capture dynamic scenes with a 9cm minimum focusing distance and amazing 10 point sunstars when stopped down
- Includes a CPU chip which communicates aperture changes and EXIF data between the camera and lens
- Accepts standard 58mm screw-in filters despite an ultra wide 121.9° angle of view, ideal for architecture, landscapes and interiors
Laowa 6mm f/2 Zero-D Lens for Micro Four Thirds Summary
The Laowa 6mm f/2 Zero-D Lens for Micro Four Thirds is a tiny, ultra-wide angle rectilinear lens for MFT cameras from Panasonic and OM System. The lens is so light at just 188g, that it’s also perfect on FPV drones and when shooting handheld video using a gimbal. Despite capturing an ultra wide 121.9° field of view, the 6mm f/2 Zero-D prime (also known as the C&D Dreamer), supports standard lens filters with a 58mm thread. This is perfect when balancing the scene with a neutral density filter or reducing reflections by using a circular polariser, or both simultaneously with the H&Y REVORING 58-77mm Variable Neutral Density ND3-ND1000 and Circular Polariser Filter.
As the widest rectilinear micro four thirds lens, you can achieve virtually distortion-free results for a range of wide angle subjects such as landscapes, cityscapes, interiors and architecture. The wide aperture gathers light in dark situations, perfect for handheld shooting and to attain a relatively shallow depth of field despite the ultra wide angle.
Key Laowa 6mm f/2 Zero-D Lens Features
- Featherweight 188g design
- Great image quality
- Minimum focusing distance of 9cm
- Accepts standard 58mm filters
- Wide maximum f/2 aperture
- Auto Aperture with CPU chip communicates aperture and EXIF data between camera and lens
- 121.9° ultra wide angle of view
- Super low distortion
- Capture 10 Point Sunstars from 5 aperture bladed design
Laowa 6mm f/2 Zero-D C&D Dreamer Lens for MFT in More Detail
Advanced optical design
Achieve great results with low distortion across a variety of shooting situations with the C&D Dreamer lens, which uses an optical design that includes 13 elements in 3 groups with 2 aspherical glass elements.
Large f/2 aperture
This Laowa 6mm f/2 Zero-D Lens for Micro Four Thirds lens has a large f/2 aperture, allowing you to capture low-light images without having to dial up your ISO settings. The lens can also create a relatively narrow depth of field, despite the ultra-wide angle, perfect for subject separation and dramatic wide angle compositions.
Ultra wide view
An ultra-wide 121.9° field of view provides a full-frame equivalent 12mm, which is ideal for grand landscape scenes, architectural shots, interiors and cityscapes.
Close minimum focusing distance
You can capture clear, sharp close up images of tiny subjects thanks to a close minimum focusing distance of just 9cm.
With the Zero-Distortion feature found in certain Laowa lenses, photographers can capture extremely low distortion straight lines, which are common in city and architectural shots. Please note that the camera should be horizontally aligned, as you will experience perspective distortion if the camera is not on a horizontal plane.
Travel friendly design
The lightweight 188g design is perfect for photographers who travel and makes it easy to use the lens with a gimbal, handheld and mounted on drones.
Designed with a CPU chip and motor, this lens from Laowa allows aperture adjjutemht from the camera body. The focus magnifier can also be triggered for easier focusing when rotating the focus ring and metadata will be stored on EXIF. With no aperture ring, the extremities of the lens are smaller and well-suited for use with drones and gimbals.
10 Point Sunstars
A 5-blade aperture produces fascinating 10-Point Sunstars, which are rendered when the aperture is stopped down to create added visual appeal for photos with point light sources.
Standard 58mm Filter thread
The 58mm filter thread allows you to screw on filters to achieve certain effects, brings convenience and places less burden on outdoor filming.
Laowa 6mm f/2 Zero-D Lens for Micro Four Thirds Sample photos
London cityscape, mounted on OM System OM-1 camera. Exposure settings: 0.5 sec. f/10. ISO 400 © Jimmy Cheng
Houses of Parliament, mounted on OM System OM-1 camera. Exposure settings: 1/250 sec. f/8. ISO 400 © Jimmy Cheng
Night cityscape, mounted on Panasonic Lumix GH6. Exposure settings: 1/320 sec. f/2. ISO 2000 © Joseph Linaschke
Fallen leaves, mounted on OM System OM-1 camera. Exposure settings: 1/60 sec. f/8. ISO 400 © Jimmy Cheng
Sunstars, mounted on OM System OM-1 camera. Exposure settings: 1/50 sec. f/8. ISO 200 © Jimmy Cheng
Laowa continues to develop unique lenses for most lens mounts and is adding to their line-up for the micro four thirds system with this ultra wide angle 6mm f/2 Zero-D Lens. The ‘ZERO distortion’ feature is reserved for high quality super wide lenses and effectively reduces distortion, particularly when considering this offers an equivalent 12mm focal width in full-frame format.
The compact and lightweight design is incredibly portable, so much so that the lens can easily be mounted on a suitable drone and used for handheld video when mounted on a gimbal. The unique design is the widest rectilinear lens for the MFT system, and even adds the convenience of accepting standard screw-in filters, perfect for NDs, VNDs and polarisers, which can be beneficial when capturing landscapes, city and architectural shots.
Electrical contacts cable aperture changes to be made via the camera body, while EXIF data is also captured and stored within files. When shooting in low light the f/2 aperture excels, as does the 5-bladed aperture design, which renders interesting 10-point sunstars when shooting directly into light sources and stopping down the aperture. This ultra wide angle lens offers unique characteristics from a highly portable design, which is sure to impress anyone who enjoys capturing suitable subjects.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.