Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Fujifilm X
The Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Fujifilm X is compact and lightweight, accepts 52mm filters and offers double life-size 2:1 close-ups with great optical performance.
- Compact size and weight well suited to smaller Fujifilm X camera bodies
- Double life-size 2:1 macro magnification with large frame-filling details of the subject
- High quality results with sharp details and well controlled aberrations thanks to the APO design
- Smooth bokeh and defocus areas from a wide aperture and 9-bladed iris
- Add lens filters at a convenient 52mm size to control reflections or ultraviolet light
Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Fujifilm X Summary
Featuring an equivalent focal length of around 100mm the Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Fujifilm X cameras delivers double life-size 2:1 magnification in a compact package. The short telephoto lens weighs just 335g yet performs excellently thanks to its apochromatic (APO) design. Colour accuracy and fringing are well controlled and perfectly suited to the beautiful colours rendered by Fujifilm cameras. A close minimum focus distance of 17cm (sensor to subject) allows the user to get up close and personal with their subject, resulting in frame-filling detail which is rarely seen by the naked eye. As a short telephoto the 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO lens can also be used to photograph portraits and other appealing images.
Features at a glance
- Double life size 2x Ultra Macro
- Compact and light
- Bright f/2.8 aperture
- Excellent optical performance
- Convenient 52mm filter size
- 3 Extra-Low Dispersion Glass elements
With its 2:1 magnification ratio the details which can be achieved through this manual focus lens are extremely appealing. Internal focusing and a nine-bladed diaphragm contribute to the overall useability of the 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro lens. These maintain the lens’ size whilst rendering pleasing bokeh and out of focus areas commonly seen on this focal length.
Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Fujifilm X Sample Images
© Jonas Rask
© Jonas Rask
© Jonas Rask
What’s In The Box
- Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro Lens for Fujifilm X
- Lens hood
- Front and rear lens caps
- Hoya REVO SMC 5 - cut through surface reflections and glare with ease
- Hoya REVO SMC 52mm UV Filter - reduces UV whilst also protecting the front element, which is very useful at just 17cm close focus!
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
You’d be forgiven if you’ve never heard of Laowa lenses as they are a relatively new. However with models like this 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO they are making a serious splash in the macro world. The lens delivers beautiful results with a 2:1 magnification for larger than life details of your macro subjects for Fujifilm photographers. The focal length is equivalent to around 100mm (or 97.5mm to be precise) in full frame format, providing ample opportunity to shoot portraits and other subjects too. Getting extremely close to subjects is easy with a 17cm minimum focus distance, which contributes to the overall versatile nature of this lens.
Fujifilm mirrorless cameras are compact and Laowa has ensured this fits well measuring 57mm diameter x 100mm and weighing a very respectable 335g. The complex apochromatic optics include 14 Elements in 10 groups which render sharp details together with particularly pleasing colours. Rounding off the optics is a 9-bladed aperture that produces pleasing bokeh and smooth focus transitions. As a manual-only focus lens, the barrel includes markings to ensure you know precisely where you’re at and pin sharp results can be achieved. They may well be newer to market however the 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro demonstrates Laowa’s prowess at making highly competent and enjoyable to use macro lenses.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.