Laowa 12-24mm f/5.6 Zoom Lens for Nikon Z
The Laowa 12-24mm f/5.6 Zoom for Nikon Z mount full-frame mirrorless users is an ultra wide zoom lens with plenty of features such as close 15cm focus distance and a constant aperture, which delivers great results.
- High quality results from a portable lens, which features a constant fixed aperture for control over depth of field
- Compact and lightweight ultra wide angle zoom lens for Nikon full-frame mirrorless cameras which accepts filters
- Capture beautiful 10-point sunstars from bright light sources, adding another creative element to your shots
- Ideal zoom for a number of subjects from landscape photography and cityscapes, to interiors and travel
- Close 15cm minimum focusing distance allows you to capture exaggerated perspectives and large foreground elements
Laowa 12-24mm f/5.6 Zoom Lens for Nikon Z Summary
With an ultra wide 84° to 121.9° angle of view, the Laowa 12-24mm f/5.6 Zoom Lens for Nikon Z delivers excellent results for a variety of subjects from interiors and architecture to landscapes and travel. The compact zoom lens is designed for full-frame mirrorless cameras and features a constant f/5.6 aperture for control over depth of field. A close 15cm minimum focusing distance lets you compose dynamic shots with exaggerated perspectives and large foreground elements for interest.
Despite packing a number of advanced features and high quality optical design, the Laowa 12-24mm f/5.6 Zoom Lens for Nikon cameras measures just 84mm long and weighs a hair under 500g. You can also thread lens filters using the convenient 77mm filter thread, even with the hood attached. When shooting into light sources you can achieve sharp 10-point sunstars creating dramatic lighting effects and the front element is coated with Laowa’s protective Frog eye coat.
- Ultra wide 12mm to 24mm zoom range with 84
- Designed for full-frame mirrorless Nikon cameras
- Constant aperture throughout the range
- Close 15cm minimum focusing
- Compact and lightweight 497g design, measuring ⌀69.4 x 84mm
- 77mm filter thread for lens filters and systems
- 10-point sunstar rendered by 5-bladed aperture design
- Protective Frog eye front element coating
Laowa 12-24mm f/5.6 Zoom Lens for Nikon Z in More Detail
Compact and lightweight design for portability
The Laowa zoom is compact, measuring ⌀69.4 x 84mm and weighs 497g. This allows you to bring a versatile ultra wide option for landscapes, travel and when capturing cityscape shots, without carting too much extra weight around. This is also beneficial when handholding the lens, although many photographers will no doubt shoot with a tripod where possible.
The compact nature of this zoom also provides a convenient 77mm filter thread, which allows you to add polariser filters as well as square filter systems from LEE or Cokin filters. These are often considered essential when capturing landscapes, seascapes and similar subjects where you need to control light and reflections.
High quality optical design
Laowa’s optical design renders good sharpness and detail across the frame and throughout the zoom range. The overall design includes 15 elements in 11 groups, with 2 aspherical elements and 3 ED elements, which deliver great results in a compact, manual zoom.
Ultra wide angle zoom range
With a 12-24mm zoom range, this versatile Laowa lens is ideal for landscape photography and travel, allowing photographers to frame epic compositions and capture the grand scene with ease. Whether shooting tight interior spaces or a vast view, you can now compose shots with flexibility and portability from this compact Nikon mirrorless lens.
Constant fixed aperture
Despite its small physical size, the Laowa 12-24mm f/5.6 Lens offers a constant fixed f/5.6 aperture throughout the zoom range. This provides good control over depth of field when changing focal lengths. When combined with the extremely close 15cm minimum focusing distance, It can create some really interesting shots with shallow DoF and large foreground subjects.
With a 5-bladed aperture design, which is found in many Laowa lenses, this 12-24mm f/5.6 Zoom Lens for Nikon captures beautiful 10-point sunstars from any bright light source.
Laowa Frog Eye Coating (FEC)
A water and dust repelling Frog Eye coat on the front element adds a layer of protection from the elements and helps to keep your shots clean.
©Alberto Ghizzi Panizza
©Alberto Ghizzi Panizza
|Angle of view||84° – 121.9°|
|Format Capability||Full Frame|
|Lens structure||15 elements in 11 groups|
|Min Focus distance||0.15m|
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 5|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
When you’re hiking to capture landscapes, travelling or exploring city streets this 12-24mm f/5.6 Zoom lens for Nikon Z from Laowa comes into its own. It is compact and lightweight despite offering an ultra wide angle zoom range and brings a number of useful features for photographers who shoot wide angle subjects. These include a fixed constant aperture for depth of field control, as well as an extremely close minimum focus distance of just 15cm from the sensor. This allows for dynamic compositions with large foreground elements and exaggerated perspectives.
A quality optical design includes a number of special lens elements which reduce aberrations and artefacts while rendering good levels of detail, with sharpness visible across the frame. A 5-bladed aperture design renders striking 10-point sunstars, furthering the ability to push your creativity with this lens.
Laowa included their Frog Eye coating to combat dirt and moisture from the front element and the ultra wide zoom benefits from the ability to screw-in 77mm filters and filter systems, which is extremely beneficial in particular situations. If you enjoy shooting deliberately with a manual lens and want to push your wide angle creative shots to the limit, this is a strong third party option for Nikon photographers.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.