HD Pentax-D FA 21mm f/2.4 ED Limited DC WR Lens Black
The HD Pentax-D FA 21mm f/2.4 ED Limited DC WR Lens in Black is an ultra wide angle full-frame prime for K-mount cameras which has been optimised for digital images and offers excellent image quality.
- Exceptional image quality from an advanced optical design with high resolution edge to edge sharpness
- The first D FA Limited-series ultra wide angle lens at 21mm which is optimised for digital photography
- Beautifully crafted parts with weather resistant construction and proprietary lens coatings
- Manual focus override from Quick-Shift Focus System to gain precise pin sharp accuracy at any time
- DC motor offers smooth, quiet autofocus
HD Pentax-D FA 21mm f/2.4 ED Limited DC WR Lens Black Summary
With an ultra wide angle field of view the HD Pentax-D FA 21mm f/2.4 ED Limited DC WR Lens in Black offers users exceptional edge to edge image quality. It is the first D FA Limited-series 21mm Pentax lens designed for full frame Pentax DSLR users and has been optimised for digital images. The FA 21mm f/2.4 ED comes in a beautifully crafted barrel with meticulously machined parts, adding to the visual appeal and enjoyment this prime lens offers.
At 21mm we can expect it to not only excel at landscapes and cityscapes, but also capture astro photography as well as general snapshots with exaggerated perspectives.
- Edge to edge sharp, clear, high-resolution image quality
- HD Coating improves image quality
- Eight-blade circular diaphragm
- Meticulously machined parts
- Smooth, quiet autofocus from DC motor
- Quick-Shift Focus System for manual focus override
- Weather resistant construction
- Minimum working distance of just 7 centimetres
- Compact 67mm filter thread
The advanced optical design includes four ED (Extra-low Dispersion) and one Super ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements. These help to minimise chromatic aberration and prevent colour fringing while Pentax’s renowned HD coating further improves image quality.
HD Pentax-D FA 21mm f/2.4 ED Limited DC WR Lens Black in More Detail
A top-grade lens with optimized image rendition and fine texture
True to the design concept of the Limited series, this lens was developed with the goal of providing a distinctive visual expression. This could be achieved only by conducting a series of image quality assessments using a great number of captured images, along with various numerical evaluations using measuring instruments.
To make the exterior design more attractive, the lens barrel, hood and cap have been meticulously machined to perfection. The lens itself is finished with the utmost attention to texture, including a shippoyaki (cloisonné)-finished mount pointer to enhance the ease of lens mounting.
Varying imaging characteristics based on the selected aperture and subject distance
At infinity, this lens provides uniform image rendition even at the edges, without any trace of fuzziness. At closed-down apertures, it delivers a sharp, clear, high-resolution image over the entire image field.
In close-range photography, it produces sharp, crisp images of subjects positioned on the focal plane, with the distant background gradually and subtly fading out of focus. This creates an image in which the subject appears to float against the defocused background, recreating the true-to-life ambience of that particular scene. This lens lets you enjoy the transition of image rendition depending on the selected aperture and the subject’s distance at the time of shooting.
Exceptional optical design to minimize image fuzziness — a problem typical with ultra-wide-angle lenses — even at the edges
By incorporating a large-aperture negative meniscus optical element and a biconvex aspherical glass-mold optical element, this lens assures outstanding image performance for sharp, crisp images without any trace of fuzziness even at the edges. In addition, four ED (Extra-low Dispersion) and one Super ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical elements help reduce chromatic aberration to a minimum.
HD Coating for upgraded imaging performance
This lens features PENTAX-original HD Coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this high-grade, multi-layer coating assures higher light transmittance with minimal reflectance, while effectively minimizing flare and ghost images even in demanding lighting conditions such as backlighting. This coating further upgrades the imaging power of this Limited-series lens for much-improved sharpness. * HD stands for High Definition.
Eight-blade circular diaphragm for beautiful light beams and bokeh effect
This lens incorporates a newly designed diaphragm unit with a circular diaphragm, which produces a beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect at open and larger apertures. This unit also features an eight-blade diaphragm mechanism to capture beautiful light beams in nightscape photography.
Dependable, airtight weather-resistant construction for use in the rain and mist and at locations prone to water splashes
For use in demanding conditions — such as at waterfronts or in sudden rainfall — the lens features a dependable, weather-resistant construction. The mount section to the camera body and other movable parts, such as the focus ring, are all designed to resist the intrusion of rain and water into the lens interior.
What’s in the box
- HD Pentax-D FA 21mm f/2.4 ED Limited DC WR Lens Black
- Lens Cap O-LW74A
- Lens Mount Cap K
- Lens Case P80-150
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
With the launch of this black HD Pentax-D FA 21mm f/2.4 ED Limited DC WR Lens (and separately available silver model) Pentax has created their first D FA Limited-series ultra wide angle prime. Despite the challenges a focal width of this type presents, the lens remains sharp and well controlled across the entire frame. Resolution is extremely high with excellent detail throughout, while colour fronting and chromatic aberrations remain well controlled.
It’s not only the internal optics which are first-class with this model, as the exterior has been beautifully crafted and meticulously machined, making for an even more enjoyable experience using the lens. You’ll be able to capture a range of subjects including of course landscapes, astro, city shots and also general purpose wide angle photos. The ultra short minimum working distance also lends itself perfectly to capturing exaggerated perspectives of anything that catches your creative eye. If you’ve been waiting for a professional quality full frame prime, which excels at ultra wide angle subjects your wait is over thanks to this Pentax-D FA 21mm f/2.4 ED Limited.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.