HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm f4.5-5.6 ED DC AW Super Telephoto Zoom Lens
With dependable weather sealing, the HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm f4.5-5.6 ED DC AW is a super telephoto zoom lens ideal for sports and wildlife with smooth quiet autofocus and high quality sharp images.
Pentax HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm f4.5-5.6 ED DC AW Lens
This super-telephoto zoom lens has been developed to cover focal lengths from 150mm to 450mm â€" a focal-length range most demanded by high-end PENTAX-camera users. It features the PENTAX-original, high-grade HD Coating to produce extra-sharp, high-contrast images even under demanding lighting conditions such as in backlight. It also incorporates three ED (extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and a super-low dispersion glass element to effectively compensate chromatic aberration. Its dustproof, weather-resistant body also makes it extremely dependable and durable in demanding outdoor conditions.
1. Super-telephoto coverage with three-times zoom ratio
When mounted on a PENTAX K-mount SLR camera body, this zoom lens covers a super-telephoto range from approximately 230mm to 690mm in the 35mm format. It is designed to be compact and light enough to handhold during long-range shooting of such subjects as wildlife, aircraft and sports.
2. Outstanding image description
Thanks to its state-of-the-art optics featuring three ED (extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and one super-low dispersion glass element, this zoom lens effectively minimises spherical and chromatic aberrations, while producing crisp, high-quality images free of colour bleeding. Its MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) curve is programmed to be higher than those of conventional models in the same class to deliver high-resolution, fine-detailed images. Its image circle is optimised to cover even the image size of 35mm film-format SLR cameras. As the result, it not only assures brilliant, high-resolution images without compromising the sharpness at edges even when mounted on an existing PENTAX digital SLR camera body, but it is also capable of accepting future models with larger image sensors without modifications.
3. HD Coating to optimise image rendition
This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating assures higher light transmittance and less reflection to deliver bright, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight.
4. Dustproof, weather-resistant construction
Developed as an AW (All Weather) model, this zoom lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction with 21 special seals to prevent the intrusion of water and dust particles into the lens interior. By pairing it with a PENTAX weather-resistant digital SLR camera body, it assures a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings even in rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
5. Newly installed three-position switch for Quick-Shift Focus System
The lens is equipped with the PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus System, which allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system. In order to improve its operability, a three-position switch is newly installed on this lens, allowing instant switching among QFS/A, QFS/M and MF modes. QFS/A is an autofocus-priority mode, which allows the user to switch to manual-focusing operation only when autofocus operation is completed. QFS/M is a manual-focus-priority mode, which enables the user to switch to manual focusing at any time even when the AF system is in operation. MF mode allows the user to instantly switch to manual focusing with a simple twist of the focus ring on the lens. With a choice of three distinctive modes, the user is assured of speedier, more accurate focusing operation for a given subject or application.
6. Four AF buttons installed on the lens barrel
In order to provide more stable AF operation and better hold of the lens regardless of the camera’s orientation horizontal or vertical â€" this lens provides four AF buttons on its barrel â€" one at every 90 degrees. The user can assign preferred settings to these AF buttons, including: a Focus Preset mode to pre-program the focus position and instantly shift the focus to that position; and an AF Cancel mode to intentionally fix the focus at a desired point during Continuous AF operation.
7. Other features
- Smooth, quiet AF operation using a lens-installed AF driving motor
- Round-shaped diaphragm to produce a natural, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimising the streaking effect of point light sources
- Focus range limiter to minimise AF operation time by fixing the focus range to one of three sub-ranges
- SP (Super Protect) coating to keep the front surface free of dust and stains
- Zoom lock lever to prevent the lens barrel from free-falling
- Detachable tripod mounting with a newly designed anti-falling mechanism
HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450MM F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW SUPER TELEPHOTO ZOOM LENS SPECIFICATIONS
|Focal length (Equivalent in 35mm format)||150-450mm
Equivalent to 230-690mm in 35mm format (when attached to PENTAX APS-C size DSLR cameras)
|Angle of View||10.7-3.6°(when attached to PENTAX digital SLR cameras)
16.5-5.5°(when attached to PENTAX 35mm SLR cameras)
|Lens construction||18 elements / 14 groups|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9
Rounded aperture（150mm: F4.5-8 450mm: F5.6-8）
|Closest focusing distance||2m|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.22x|
|Diameter x length||Approx.95mm x 241.5mm|
|Weight||Approx.2000g (with hood Approx. 2130g)
(with hood and tripod mount Approx. 2325g)
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Pentax Lenses K mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 95|
|Length (mm): 242|
|Weight (g): 2000|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 150 - 450 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 450|
|Maximum magnification: 0.22|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4.5|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 150|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 2|
|Minimum aperture (number): 27|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: HD, Super protect coatings, ED elements|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.