DJI RS 3 Mini Gimbal Stabiliser
The DJI RS 3 Mini is a powerful handheld gimbal stabiliser with native Vertical Shooting, supports a classic mirrorless camera with lens combination, while remaining ultra compact and lightweight at just 795g.
- Extremely compact and lightweight handheld stabiliser compatible with most popular mirrorless camera and lens combos
- Natively supports horizontal and vertical shooting with an additional horizontal plate, which adds just 100g
- Third generation stabilisation algorithm delivers cinema-ready pro-quality stabilisation with amazing results
- Ergonomically designed to support extended periods of use, with a concentrated centre of balance
- Easy to achieve rich camera movements and emotive cinematic language with more confidence
DJI RS 3 Mini Handheld Gimbal Stabiliser Summary
With best in-class payload, the ultra compact and lightweight DJI RS 3 Mini handheld gimbal stabiliser has a payload capacity of up to 2kg, to support mainstream full-frame mirrorless cameras. It includes DJI’s third generation stabilisation algorithm, which delivers cinema-ready stability, when combined with the high-torque motors and ergonomic handheld design.
DJI has also included a new dual-layered QR plate for quick changes and Vertical Mode, along with being about half the size of the RS 3 Pro, making it more comfortable for long-duration use. Ergonomics are well considered, with a concentrated centre of balance while handholding the gimbal, as well as featuring NATO expansion, easy rich camera movements and professional-grade stabilisation.
Key DJI RS 3 Mini Features
- Super lightweight design weighing only 795g (850 g in Vertical Mode)
- Supports combinations like Sony A7S3 with 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens
- Payload capacity up to 2 kg
- Bluetooth Shutter Control
- Cinema-ready 3rd-Generation RS Stabilisation Algorithm
- Native Vertical Shooting for social media
- 1.4" Full-Colour Touchscreen
- High-torque motors for quick stability
- New Dual-Layered Quick-Release Plate
- Built-in NATO Expansion port
DJI RS 3 Mini Handheld Gimbal Stabiliser in More Detail
Lightweight and Reliable
The RS 3 Mini from DJI includes an innovative redesign, which has resulted in a smaller build, integrated battery and native vertical shooting capability. The compact and portable frame easily fits into a shoulder bag, allowing creators to travel lighter. When in use, DJI RS 3 Mini is about half the size of the previously launched RS 3 Pro gimbal, making it super convenient and easy to use over extended periods.
With a low 795g weight when used in Portrait mode, the DJI RS 3 Mini is approximately 50% lighter than RS 3 Pro and 40% lighter than RS 3. It weighs 100 g more when shooting with the horizontal plate, at 850g. Additionally, a concentrated centre of balance provides a more stable and ergonomic hand-held gimbal experience, which is essential when shooting for extended duration.
A payload capacity of up to 2 kg makes this one of the best-in-category stabilisers at its weight, to easily support larger gear, such as a Sony A7S3 with 24-70mm f/2.8 GM lens. The gimbal will also support most other mainstream full-frame and APS-C mirrorless cameras, with a wide range of lens combinations.
High-torque motors ensure the RS 3 Mini can retain stable shooting when zooming to maximum focal lengths on most lenses, without the need for rebalancing.
Example supported camera and lens combinations
A7S3/A7M4/A7C + FE 24-70mm F2.8
EOS R5 + RF 24-70mm F2.8
Z7 II + Z 24-70mm F2.8
S5 + L 20-60mm F3.5-5.6
A6400 + E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6
EOS R7 + RF 15-30 mm F4.5-6.3
Z50 + Z 28mm F2.8
X-T30 II + XC 15-45mm F3.5-5.6
Professional Cinema-Ready Stabilisation
With the same outstanding 3rd generation RS Stabilisation algorithm as RS 3 Pro, RS 3 Mini can achieve professional-grade image stabilisation. Whether running, capturing a low-angle shot, or shooting in flashlight mode, your shots stay stable.
Supports Rich Camera Movements More Easily
RS 3 Mini's unique size and features provide ample opportunity to achieve rich camera movements and language. It also reduces the need to re-shoot due to camera shake, allowing you to capture every moment and create with more confidence.
Intuitive and versatile use
An upgraded new dual-layered quick-release plate features an upper plate with a curved guide which prevents the camera from rotating and loosening and the gimbal also includes clear mounting and locking marks, to improve launch and storage efficiency. It also follows the ARCA standard, allowing for convenient switching between tripods.
Native Vertical Shooting
The RS series has made a breakthrough in native vertical shooting on RS 3 Mini. Switch to vertical instantly without additional accessories. Just mount the standard Quick-Release Plate to the gimbal's vertical arm and film content that's optimised for social media platforms.
Compared to portrait modes on other gimbals, the gimbal rotation angle of RS 3 Mini in Native Vertical mode is greatly expanded. It even offers the same control experience as horizontal mode. It is also easy to film in Upright, Underslung, Flashlight, and other operation modes.
NATO Expansion Port
RS 3 Mini is equipped with a NATO port to support the installation of accessories such as briefcase handles, external fill lights, and monitors, allowing for more configurations and greater flexibility.
Streamlined workflow with intuitive operation
Bluetooth Shutter Control
RS 3 Mini comes with the same Bluetooth shutter control that debuted on RS 3 Pro. This function supports mainstream mirrorless camera models and allows RS 3 Mini to automatically reconnect with a camera after the initial pairing.
After Bluetooth pairing, you can directly control the video recording and photo capture functions of your camera via the record button on the gimbal. When using a Sony camera with a supported digital lens, you can directly control the lens's optical or digital zoom via the front dial, eliminating the need for a camera control cable.
Gimbal Mode Switch Button
Press the M button to switch between PF (Pan Follow), PTF (Pan and Tilt Follow), and FPV mode. Photographers can also customise the follow speed and other parameters of RS 3 Mini on the touchscreen, facilitating a smoother and more intuitive shooting experience.
1.4" Full-Colour Touchscreen
RS 3 Mini features a 1.4-inch full-colour touchscreen with a new UI. Adjust most functions without the app and access common settings quickly and intuitively.
Front Dial Focusing
Like the rest of the DJI RS series, RS 3 Mini sports an ergonomic front dial that rotates to adjust the focus, ISO, aperture, shutter, and other parameters. Control the movement of the gimbal's three axes with the front dial for a more effective solo-shooting experience.
Shoot for 10-Hours non-stop
The integrated battery grip supports up to 10 hours of runtime, providing sufficient power to fully meet the shooting needs of all-day use. Recharge RS 3 Mini in as little as 2.5 hours to get back to shooting quickly and you can even use it while charging.
Timelapse, Track and Panorama Shooting modes
Add a timelapse to any video for an engaging opening or breathtaking transition, set the gimbal to track along up to 10 pre-set points for a dynamic video of any scene or environment. Panorama photo captures more of any landscape for the big picture.
What’s in the box
- DJI RS 3 Mini Handheld Gimbal Stabiliser
- Gimbal x1
- USB-C Charging Cable (40 cm) x1
- L-Shaped Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C, 30 cm) x1
- RS Mini Quick-Release Plate x1
- RS Mini Tripod x1
- Screw Kit x1
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.