DJI Avata Drone
Experience the thrill of total flight immersion with the DJI Avata drone, which offers unrivalled safety and complete control to capture 4K/60fps video for incredible content from a 1/1.7-inch CMOS sensor.
- Innovative drone design with built-in propeller guards, which allow you to fly lower to the ground and closer to objects
- Palm-sized aircraft with a 1/1.7-inch sensor which captures epic content including stabilised 4K/60fps video
- DJI's flagship stabilisation technologies capture smoother footage with RockSteady 2.0 and HorizonSteady
- Safer flights with downward obstacle sensing system, halt and hover and flagship O3+ video transmission
- Total flight immersion from a super-wide 155° FOV, with an expanded perspective closer to what our eyes see
DJI Avata Summary
DJI has broken all the rules once again with an innovative new design for the DJI Avata drone. This compact camera drone has built-in propeller guards which can handle knocks and bumps better, as you experience the thrill of total flight immersion flying lower to the ground and closer to obstacles. The rugged drone allows you to fly between branches, under bridges or through corridors, filming in situations which were previously inaccessible.
The palm-sized drone can fly for up to 18 minutes and capture stabilised 4K/60fps video for incredibly immersive content from a 1/1.7-inch sensor and ultra-wide-angle lens with an f/2.8 aperture. DJI has developed electronic image stabilisation RockSteady 2.0 and HorizonSteady to help capture smoother, stabilised and level video more easily.
You can create colours which pop when editing by filming with D-Cinelike colour mode to turn your content into a masterpiece for any audience.
- Immersive Flight Experience from a palm-sized drone which weighs 410g
- Newly designed aircraft with built-in propeller guard
- Capture stabilised 4K/60fps video with 155° super-wide FOV using D-Cinelike colour mode
- 1/1.7-inch sensor with 48 megapixels
- RockSteady 2.0 and HorizonSteady electronic image stabilisation
- Flight time of up to 18 minutes
- Downward obstacle sensing system
- Practice with DJI Virtual Flight app on your computer or smartphone
- DJI Avata is compatible with DJI Goggles 2, DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, and DJI FPV Goggles V2 and uses the spare DJI FPV Goggles Battery
DJI Avata in More Detail
A tougher drone design
When you combine DJI’s Avata with DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, flight becomes accessible to anyone. The aircraft is more nimble in tight spaces, with a design created to allow pilots to be bolder. Built-in propeller guards enable Avata to bounce back, stay in the air, and can keep on flying even if it comes into contact with an object.
DJI Avata features a durable upper frame which reduces the risk of damage, for greater peace of mind. The new ducted aerodynamic design also optimises power efficiency allowing for a flight time of up to 18 minutes, in an environment without wind or interference. Turtle Mode enables the drone to spring back into action, even if it ends up on its back.
The DJI Motion Controller is easy to use and provides a totally unique way to fly, by simply squeezing the trigger to bolt forward or turn a corner by swivelling your wrist. To get everything you need all-in-one, take a look at the DJI Avata Pro-View Combo and DJI Avata Fly Smart Combo.
Capture epic content
The DJI Avata aircraft is equipped with a 1/1.7-inch CMOS sensor, which supports 4K ultra-wide-angle recording with an f/2.8 aperture. Together with high-grade imaging performance, the drone delivers engaging visuals which will keep your audience on the edge of their seats.
Super wide 155° field of view
Many camera drones offer an 84° FOV, whereas the DJI Avata offers a super-wide 155° FOV, with an expanded perspective closer to what we see with our own eyes. This helps you to create impactful, immersive visuals.
Flagship stabilisation technologies RockSteady 2.0 and HorizonSteady keep your footage stable as you swoop and dive, opening up a world of cinematic possibilities by reducing camera shake and ensuring smooth ultra-HD video. RockSteady 2.0 actively reduces camera shake in real-time, while HorizonSteady locks your footage to a level horizon.
Make your footage pop with advanced colour grading in post when editing to turn your creation into a masterpiece by shooting in D-Cinelike mode.
In addition to the built-in propeller guard, Avata features a Downward Obstacle Sensing System with downward binocular vision and ToF infrared sensing for even greater safety, when used with DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, or DJI Motion Controller in N Mode or S Mode. These sensors detect obstacles below and allow Avata to perform low-altitude or indoor flight.
The motion controller's Emergency Brake button lets you stop instantly at the tap of a button and with support for RTH, you get added protection when the Avata battery is low or signal drops out.
Avata's low-altitude flight and lets you safely glide as close as 25cm to the ground for an exhilarating, unique perspective when combined with the super-wide FOV.
Halt and Hover
Avata will hover in place, reducing the risk of potential accidents if you tap the Emergency Brake button when you encounter a situation that requires an abrupt stop.
Flagship O3+ video transmission
2T2R omnidirectional antennas and DJI's flagship O3+ video transmission deliver unrivalled flight stability and responsiveness for a crisp and smooth real-time view in your goggles, even in environments with interference.
Transmission key features
- 1080p Max Video Transmission Quality
- 100 fps Max Video Transmission Frame Rate
- 30 ms Lowest Video Transmission Latency
- 10 km Max
- 50 Mbps Max Video Transmission Bitrate
- H.265 Video Transmission Coding
Master your moves
DJI Avata is compatible with multiple remote control devices which unlock different possibilities. The flight simulator is perfect for sharpening your skills or trying our different control modes that will offer enriched visual effects and new opportunities.
Fly in Manual mode with DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 (sold separately) to achieve advanced flight movements, stable aerial photography effects, and diversified visual language for filming.
Practice makes perfect
The DJI Virtual Flight app works on Windows PC computers and iOS or Android smartphones and contains a variety of simulated scenarios. You can practice indoors or outdoors, polish your flight skills, and become a master pilot step by step.
What’s in the box
- DJI Avata Aircraft x1
- DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery x1
- DJI Avata Propellers (Pair) x3
- DJI Avata Power Ad
- DJI Avata Gimbal Protector x1
- Type-C to Type-C PD Cable x1
- Screwdriver x1
- Screws (M2x7) x4
Please note that the Avata aircraft does not come with not come with a battery charger. You can use your own USB-C charger, and it is recommended to use the DJI 65W Portable Charger (sold separately), DJI 65W Car Charger (sold separately), or other USB PD chargers.
Read more about this latest compact drone from DJI as well as the combos in our DJI Avata Review, which covers specs and more.
DJI has broken all of the rules again with the compact Avata drone that fits into the palm of your hand, yet offers an innovative new design, which provides more thrilling and immersive flights. When combined with the separately available remote controller and FPV Goggles 2 you can push the limits by piloting the drone more naturally through gestures and with a first person view.
The camera offers an ultra-wide field of view, which puts you right into the action, particularly when flying low to the ground, between and nearer objects.
The entire premise of this lightweight aircraft is to be able to capture more engaging content and experience the excitement of flying safely where it wasn’t previously possible. To this end DJI includes a 1/1.7-inch sensor, which captures stabilised 4K/60fps video using D-Cinelike colour mode. This enables you to pop your video in post and create cinematic movies to engage your audience with epic content.
Flagship technologies have been included in the Avata to make it easier to capture great videos and enjoy flying more safely. These include a downward obstacle sensing system, rockSteady 2.0 and HorizonSteady electronic image stabilisation and you can practice flying on your PC or smartphone with the DJI Virtual Flight app.
Whichever level of piloting you enjoy, the DJI Avata offers a new experience with more thrilling flights, allows you to capture smooth video at up to 4K 60fps, from a lightweight and portable aircraft which you can bring anywhere.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.