Celestron Labs CM400 Compound Microscope
The lab-ready Celestron Labs CM400 Compound Microscope includes a rotatable monocular head and 4x, 10x and 40x objective lenses with 10x eyepiece as well as built-in upper and lower LED illumination.
Celestron Labs CM400 Compound Microscope Summary
The Celestron Labs CM400 compound microscope offers all the essential features you need in a lab-ready microscope at an economical price. The 10x eyepiece and three objective lenses (4x, 10x and 40x) allow for magnifications of 40x, 100x, and 400x.
Upper and lower lighting provides bright, detailed views with true-to-life colors for both opaque and translucent specimens. These LED illuminators stay cool to the touch even during long viewing periods. The simple condenser with rotating disc adjusts the lower illumination for enhanced viewing. All these features make the CM400 an excellent tool for labs, schools, field use and more.
Strong and stable thanks to its all-metal construction, this microscope features an adjustable stage with metal clips to center your specimen slides. The 10 included prepared slides guarantee exciting discoveries right out of the box. Rotate your monocular head to view the specimen comfortably or share the view with someone sitting across the table.
Take your microscope out of the lab and into the field with its 3 AA batteries. There’s even a universal power cord for international use.
Features at a glance
- Lab-ready compound microscope with rotatable monocular head
- 4x, 10x and 40x objective lenses
- 10x eyepiece allows you to view specimens at 40x, 100x, 400x magnification
- Built-in, adjustable, upper and lower LED illumination
- 3 AA batteries included for field use
- 10 prepared slides included
|Type of Microscope:||Compound|
|Head:||360° rotatable monocular with 45° incline|
|Eyepiece(s) Magnification:||(1) WF 10x|
|Eyepiece(s) Diameter:||23.2mm (.91")|
|Objective(s) Magnification:||(3) 4x/10x/40x, all achromatic|
|Focus Type(s):||Rack and pinion, coarse focus only|
|Focus Travel (per rotation):||8mm (0.31")|
|Magnification Range:||40x to 400x (40x, 100x, 400x)|
|Illumination Position(s):||Lower and upper|
|Illumination Adjustability Mechanism:||Dial, both upper and lower offer adjustable intensity|
|Power Source:||AC Adapter- 100-240V|
|Battery Option:||(3) AA (Included)|
|Stage:||Plain stage with metal clips 88mm x 88mm (3.46" x 3.46")|
|Stage Diaphragm:||Simple, rotating disc with six aperture sizes|
|Included Items:||10x WF eyepiece | Universal AC Adapter- 100-240V; plugs A, C, G, and I | Power adapter cord | 10 prepared slides | 3 AA batteries|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.