Canon XF400 Professional Camcorder
- High quality 4K output in a variety of file formats
- Ideal size for roving broadcasts and capturing footage on the move
Canon XF400 Professional Camcorder Summary
Canon XF400 Professional Camcorder in Detail
Newly developed 15x 4K zoom lens
The XF400 features a new 4K 15x zoom lens which has been designed to support the large 1.0-Type CMOS sensor. The lens is slim and compact, yet exceptionally powerful and flexible. With improved 25.5mm wide-angle coverage and a zoom capable of up to 382.5mm (35mm equivalent), it can cover a range of shooting situations and this performance is further enhanced by supplied wide-angle and teleConverter lenses to increase focal length coverage even further without sacrificing 4K quality. Using the CMOS sensor in FHD, it possible to get even more from the lens, up to 30x zoom capability with no loss of image quality.
Newly developed 4K 1.0-Type CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF
The XF400 has a new 1.0-Inch Type CMOS Sensor which delivers incredible levels of detail even in low light. The advantage of a larger sensor means a greater depth-of-field performance, allowing creative filming making full use of focus blur or bokeh' for more realistic, immersive footage. The CMOS sensor technology has been perfected in Canon's EOS DSLRs and Cinema EOS cameras and for the first time it is now available in a camcorder of this size.
Newly developed Dual DIGIC DV6
4K UHD/50P recording on SD cards with high frame rates
High quality 4K lens with 15x zoom
Dual Pixel CMOS AF for high-speed, precise autofocus
Network capability with FTP transfer and remote control
Compact and lightweight body, professional operability
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: Pro Video Cameras|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
The Canon XF400 is a camcorder offering a compact solution for broadcast operations, packing in a large amount of features and technologies ensuring those on the move can deliver the highest quality video output.
Network capabilities will allow for FTP upload via either the included ethernet port or wireless connectivity options - meaning breaking news can be delivered post-haste to where it needs to go to.
The XF400 can output 4K at 50p in MP4 format direct to SD card, as well as in XF-AVC format at 150Mbps - an impressive performance for a camcorder that is as compact as this.
It isn't just about file formats though, there is a newly designed image processor working in conjunction with a 4K lens plus a host of other smaller features to boost fidelity - technologies include 5-axis image stabilisation, built-in ND filters (2, 4 and 6 stops) and Super UD elements within the lens too.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.