Canon SPEEDLITE EL-1 flash gun
The Speedlite EL-1 achieves a consistently powerful flash ensuring photographers can capture the moment, whatever the scenario. With a powerful output and high reach, the Speedlite EL-1 has a competitive Guide Number of GN60, to illuminate even distant subjects. It achieves the highest continuous firing performance of any Canon Speedlite, capable of up to 170ii continuous full power flashes in a burst without over heating and high-speed flash charging of 0.1 to 0.9 seconds1 – perfect for shooting the likes of a red carpet event.
In situations where photographers are shooting continuously for long periods of time, it is key they have confidence in their kit. No longer will professionals have ‘battery anxiety’ about their flash - thanks to the battery level indicator on the Canon LP-EL battery pack. The lithium ion battery is synonymous with power and reliability, affording photographers approximately 335 flashes at full power. Leveraging an active cooling system with an internal fan, the Speedlite EL-1 maintains consistent flash performance during extended periods of shooting – ideal for those long days photographing events such as weddings. In Continuous Shooting Priority (CSP) Mode the flash output is automatically lowered by one stop, and the ISO speed is automatically raised by one stop instead to further conserve battery power, extend shooting and reduce recycling times.
Enhanced flexibility and control
The Speedlite EL-1 is a versatile Speedlite, offering more freedom of choice and greater control so that photographers can achieve their desired look. The Speedlite EL-1 is the first Canon Speedlite equipped with bi-colour LED modelling lamps, enabling photographers to see where and how the light of the flash will fall on their subject and to make any necessary adjustments to colour temperature and brightness. With a new low-power option down to 1/8192th, photographers can control the flash output across 14 steps of range, for example in macro photography where just a subtle amount of light is needed or when capturing portraits and balancing the exposure with a night sky backdrop. It is also possible to connect the Speedlite EL-1 to up to 15 other flashes for studio levels of performance. The radio wireless transmission opens up a number of creative options, now including second-curtain synchroiii for greater artistic expression such as trailing light. Using the Flash Exposure (FE) memory feature, the Speedlite EL-1 can store the last E-TTL flash shot settings, allowing the photographer to switch to Manual Flash mode, making minor adjustments around these settings as needed, for a quick, easy and consistent set up.
Reliable and robust build
Built to withstand challenging weather conditions such as heavy rain, the Speedlite EL-1 employs similar weather resistant sealing to Canon’s EOS-1D X series cameras. Utilising the same electronic contact mechanism as the popular Speedlite 600EX II-RT, this unlocks the dual benefit of a wipe function for resistance against dust and a dual-line communication system to provide back-up communication between camera and flash, which prevents misfires. The new xenon tube provides better durability, accuracy and consistency, making the low-power flash possible.
Intuitive design, simple operation
Designed to match the performance of flagship cameras such as the EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5, the Speedlite EL-1 has a new user-friendly interface and joystick, enabling photographers to effortlessly navigate across the menu and change settings quickly. The LCD screen has also been enhanced with a white backlight and white text on a black background so that it is easy to read settings, even in low light. A greater degree of bounce movement has also been added – now capable of 120 degrees of tilt – the flash can be directed backwards, making it simple to bounce the flash and soften the light. Alongside the supplied bounce adaptor and two colour filters included in the box, this creates the perfect toolkit for portrait photographers. The new Canon LP-EL battery pack has been specifically designed to quickly deliver the high currents needed to charge Speedlite EL-1 and enable such exceptional performance, while also being able to utilise the same LC-E6/LC-E6E charger as used on many of Canon’s existing cameras.
Key Features Speedlite EL-1:
- Fast recycle time of approx. 0.1 - 0.9 sec1
- Weather resistant design
- Multiple power options, with output as low as 1/8192
- Powerful battery delivering 335 shots at full power
- Guide Number 60
|Offer Category: Studio Lighting|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Fit Flashguns|
|Guide number: N/A|
|Pan/tilt Head: N/A|
|Zoom head: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.