- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Telephoto Lens
The Canon RF 70-200mm lens is a compact telephoto zoom for EOS R mirrorless, with 5 stop stabilisation, two Nano USM AF motors and weather sealing yet only weighs 695g and is just 112mm long.
Earn 1699 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Incredibly compact and lightweight telephoto zoom with workhorse ‘trinity’ 70-200mm focal range
- Fast, silent and accurate AF compatible with Canon’s latest focus systems thanks to dual nano USM motors
- Optical stabilisation aids with 5EV stops for hand held shooting throughout a variety of situations
- Weather sealed gaskets and heat resistant paints complement L series quality construction
- High quality results with images and video from an advanced lens construction for mirrorless mount
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L Summary
The Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens is a highly compact lightweight telephoto zoom for full frame EOS R mirrorless cameras which provides excellent value in a portable package. With a constant f/4 aperture and 5 stops of optical stabilisation this lens is more than capable of tackling low light situations and fast moving subjects. Two Nano USM AF motors silently drive the optical elements with speed, precision and control, making the RF 70-200mm f/4L ideal for both stills and video capture. Outdoor shooters benefit from weather sealing within the ‘no compromise’ construction for which L-series lenses are famed. The lens is deal for enthusiasts and professionals seeking a lightweight and compact workhorse focal range suitable for a wide range of subjects from portraits to landscapes, indoor and outdoor action as well as wildlife subjects.
- F/4 constant maximum aperture
- Dual Nano USM
- UD elements and ASC coatings
- 5-stop Optical Image Stabiliser
- Dust and water resistant sealed
- Lens Control Ring
- Just 112mm long and weighing 695g
Optical performance is delivered by 16 elements in 11 groups with the inclusion of four UD lenses and Air Sphere Coatings which correct aberrations. A 9 bladed aperture provides smooth round bokeh and out of focus backgrounds, ideal for isolating subjects within the frame. A close focus of 60cm with 0.28 magnification allows photographers to pick out beautiful detailed shots such as flower close-ups, wedding details and other varied subjects.
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens In Detail
- Image Size: Full Frame
- Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 29° - 10°, 19° 30' - 7°, 34° - 12°
- Lens construction (elements/groups): 16 / 11
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9
- Minimum aperture: f/32
- Closest focusing distance (m): 0.6m
- Maximum magnification (x): 0.28
- Distance Information: Yes
- Image stabiliser: 5 stops
- AF actuator: Dual Nano USM
- Dust/moisture resistance: Yes
- Filter diameter (mm): 77mm
- Max. diameter x length: 83.5mm x 119mm
- Weight: 695g
- Extender Compatibility No
What’s in the box
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens
Lens Cap E-77II
Lens hood ET-83G ( WIII)
Lens case/pouch LP1319
Rear End Cap
Hoya Revo SMC 77mm Circular Polarising Filter
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens Sample Images:
Canon EOS R6 camera body
Canon EOS R6 camera body
Canon EOS R6 camera body
Canon EOS R6 camera body
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 84|
|Length (mm): 119|
|Weight (g): 695|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 70 - 200 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 200|
|Maximum magnification: 0.28|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 70|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.6|
|Minimum aperture (number): 32|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 4 UD elements + Air Sphere coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Canon is providing mirrorless EOS R users with a compelling alternative to the more expensive RF 70-200mm f/2.8L lens with this newer RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM. A constant f/4 aperture throughout the range provides the majority of photographers with ample bokeh and a fast enough aperture for most low light situations. This model is also both lighter and more compact, which will appeal to photographers and videographers who need to travel or walk any distance with such a versatile telephoto zoom range. Optically the RF 70-200mm f/4L provides extremely pleasing results with excellent colour reproduction, well controlled distortion, along with minimal flare and aberrations.
Canon is developing highly capable AF systems for the EOS R range and this lens capitalises on the latest developments with extremely fast dual Nano USM motors. One motor is employed for the conventional focusing group and the other for a floating focus group. This allows for the more compact and lightweight design together with high speeds and accuracy for video, image stills and a closer focal range. All in all this is an excellent option for a range of photographers looking to add to their Canon mirrorless lens line-up and sits extremely comfortably on the latest EOS R5 and R6 camera bodies as well as all previous full frame models.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.