Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens
The Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM is a stabilised short telephoto prime lens with a wide maximum aperture which gives you remarkable control over depth of field, beautiful bokeh and sharp details across the frame.
Earn 2499 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- High performance short telephoto prime lens offering a unique focal length and wide aperture for beautiful depth of field control
- Capture sharp, well controlled results across the entire frame thanks to three UD lens elements
- 5.5-stop IS which rises to 8-stops when paired with Canon EOS R mirrorless cameras with in-body stabilisation
- Fast, quiet and accurate Canon USM focus motor technology which works seamlessly with AF technology
- High-quality L series construction with weather sealing, Fluorine front element coat, ASC and Super Spectra coatings
Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens Summary
The Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens combines a less common prime focal length with bright maximum aperture and high-end optical design. It also provides remarkable control over depth of field, beautiful bokeh and sharp details across the frame and a reliable lens for creative shoots during the day or night. With a short telephoto field of view, this full-frame Canon mirrorless lens is ideal for portraits with flattering compression and for picking out details within a scene.
Canon has included 5.5-stops of optical image stabilisation, which helps maintain sharpness even when handholding and contributes to excellent performance in low light. This increases to 8-stops when combined with in-body stabilisation on compatible EOS mirrorless cameras. Focusing is fast and quiet and you’ll find two custom lens Function Buttons and a control ring, as is customary on RF lenses. Lens coatings include ASC, Super Spectra and a front element Fluorine coat to help with maintenance.
Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens Features
- Compresses the image with telephoto focal length
- 5.5-stop Optical Image Stabiliser rising to 8-stops with compatible body
- Bright f/1.8 maximum
- L-series optical design and construction
- UD elements deliver sharp images with reduced chromatic aberrations
- Nano USM motor for smooth, fast and near-silent operation
- ASC (Air Sphere Coating) to prevent fla
- Lens Function Buttons which give additional convenient and customisable control
- Lens control ring for extra control over ISO, aperture and shutter
- Dust / moisture resi
Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens in More Detail
Fast aperture telephoto
Capture flattering portraits and details with outstanding subject separation thanks to the longer focal length and a fast f/1.8, nine-blade aperture in the Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens. These allow you to experiment with depth of field and capture beautifully smooth out of focus backgrounds and rounded bokeh.
Superb image quality
Three UD glass elements plus ASC and Super Spectra coatings render the sharpest possible images, while a Fluorine layer on the front element protects against dust and dirt.
Outstanding low light performance
A 5.5-stop Optical Image Stabiliser allows you to keep shooting even when light levels dip. This benefit increases to 8-stops compatible EOS R series cameras, which offer in-body stabilisation, such as the latest EOS R6 Mark II, EOS R3 and R5 camera.
Two custom Lens Function Buttons and a Lens Control Ring enable you to stay in the moment and work intuitively with the lens. The control rings enables fine tuning and control of critical settings, as well as focus breathing correction when recording video.
The Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens is an L-series lens with advanced weather sealing and the Nano USM motor is virtually silent so that you can shoot it in any situation, even close up, to 0.7m with 0.26x magnification.
What’s in the box
- Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens
- Lens cap E-82 II
- Lens hood ET-88B
- Pouch LP1319
- Lens Dust Cap RF
Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens Sample photos
Mounted on EOS R5. Camera settings: 1/3200sec. f/1.8. ISO 400
Mounted on EOS R3. Camera settings: 1/1600sec. f/1.8. ISO 3200
Mounted on EOS R5. Camera settings: 1/50sec. f/1.8. ISO 400
Mounted on EOS R3. Camera settings: 1/8000sec. f/1.8. ISO 400
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 89|
|Length (mm): 130|
|Weight (g): 935|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 135 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 135|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 135|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.7|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 3 Ultra-low Dispersion|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Extending the range of mirrorless lenses to choose from is a priority for Canon and the RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens is a high-quality addition to the range. It complements the RF 85mm F/1.2L USM, offering a niche short telephoto focal length, which is ideal for portraits and detail shots with flattering subject separation. The bright maximum aperture allows you to enjoy a shallow depth of field and shoot handheld even during low light, especially when combined with effective image stabilisation. To this end the lens has 5.5-stops IS, which rises to 8-stops when combined with camera body IBIS.
A series of UD lenses have been included in the optical formula, which control aberrations and render extremely sharp details across the frame. This ensures the lens resolves well when mounted on any high resolution camera from Canon’s EOS R range and keeps pace with the latest sensors.
Whether you capture stills or video the Nano USM focus motor is quick and quiet and your workflow will benefit from the customisable control ring and lens function buttons. Taking L series build-quality with weather sealing and effective optical coatings into account and you have a versatile lens built for indoor or outdoor photography during virtually any conditions.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.