Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Prime Lens
The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM high performance prime lens for mirrorless is perfect for for portraits, with a bright aperture, pro grade optics and 9-blade diaphragm creating smooth bokeh effects.
Canon RF 85mm F1.2L USM lens
Offering a superior optical performance thanks to adivance lens design and the use of ground-breaking Canon optics, the RF 85mm F1.2L USM is the ultimate portrait lens for next generation imaging.
The perfect focal length for portraits
The RF 85mm F1.2L USM is the ideal short telephoto for flattering portraits, producing elegant and detailed results with a pleasing perspective and no distortion.
Fast and bright with superb optical precision
With a fast f/1.2 aperture, the lens is superb in low light offering incredible sharpness and creative expression with pleasing and unique bokeh.
advanced lens elements and coatings
The lens employs Blue Spectrum Refractive (BR) optics and a UD lens element which negate colour aberrations from affecting image quality, while a ground aspheric lens element ensures the highest image quality and ASC coating prevent flare and ghosting.
L-series build quality and weather-sealing
The build quality redefines L-series quality with weather-sealing and fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements to guard against water and dust.
Fast USM motor and Lens Control ring
Thanks to the fast speed of the RF mount and the use of a large ring type USM focusing motor, the RF 85mm F1.2L USM is fast to lock onto a subject while the Lens Control ring provides additional
Product features in detail
Lens Control ring
Featuring the programmable Control ring on the lens barrel offers the rewarding and tactile experience of using a manual camera where the photographer can change exposure settings instantly without taking their eye away from the viewfinder. ISO, exposure compensation, shutter Speed or Apertures value selection can be assigned to this control ring via the Cameras menu.
USM focusing motor
The lens uses the same ring type USM motor as the RF 50mm F1.2L USM. This focus motor is designed to drive the focusing groups of large aperture lenses quickly and along with a microprocessor using a high-performance CPU, combined with the high speed communication of the RF mount, faster operation and high speed AF is assured.
advanced optics and lens coatings
Due to the design of the RF lens mount and the short back focus and large diameter, the Canon lens designers have been able achieve both higher image quality and compact optical system. While the RF 85mm F1.2L USM features an aperture of f/1.2, it still offers the highest image quality amongst Canon interchangeable lenses across the whole frame even at the widest aperture. The lens features a combination of aspherical element, ultra-low dispersion (UD) element and Blue Spectrum Refractive optics (BR) to provide stunning image quality and to tackle any possible lens aberrations. A ground aspheric lens element is manufactured by carefully and skilfully grinding and polishing a glass block into an intricate shape with the ideal curvature that converges parallel rays to a siangle point reducing spherical aberration and chromatic aberration across the whole image frame. advanced lens coatings such as Air Sphere (ASC) and Super Spectral coatings provide a new benchmark in ultimate image quality and sharpness.
The RF 85mm F1.2L USM is the fastest portrait prime in the EOS R system. Combined with the short telephoto focal length, it provides an extremely shallow depth of field isolating the subject from the background to create a “look" that is only possible with one other lens on the market, the renowned Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM. The aperture system uses 9 aperture blades to produce a round aperture, producing smoother out of focus areas to help the main subject stand out even better against the background.
Excellent resolving power
This fast prime lens is compatible with all Canon EOS R mirrorless cameras, including the latest EOS R5 and EOS R6 models. The lens will capture stunning levels of detail even with the extremely high resolution sensors available.
what else is included in the box?
what's in the box?
RF 85mm F1.2L USM lens
Lens Hood ET-89
Lens cap E-82II
Lens Dust Cap RF
Soft pouch LP1424
Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Prime Lens Specifications
Short Telephoto Prime - Full Frame
f/1.2 - f/16
Minimum Focus Distance
Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl)
24º, 16º, 28º 30'
Canon EOS R Mirrorless
103.2 x 117.3mm
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.