Canon EOS RA astrophotography Full Frame Mirrorless digital camera
Featuring a modified IR filter and 30x magnification this body will be a clear advantage for your astro photographyview full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 1012101A
Earn 2579 Park Points
Canon EOS Ra Mirrorless Camera Body Summary
The new Canon EOS Ra body has been released, and will give your astro photography a clear advantage. The compact and lightweight full frame mirrorless camera with a modi-fied IR filter and 30x magnification will allow you to capture the glorious galactic detail.
The adapted IR filter with the EOS Ra allows four times more Hydrogen Alpha light than a standard EOS R to reach the camera's 30MP full frame sensor.
The small, lightweight and compact camera is still easily mounted to a telescope while a vari-angle touchscreen with an incredible 30x magnification ensures you never miss any details. The intuitive design and comfortable hand grip allows you to shoot more comfort-ably for long periods of time, which Canon has been known for from the EOS handling and RF lenses.
Enjoy shooting in high resolution with no vibration during long exposures and use the EVF to ‘see in the dark', focusing up to -6EV, ideal for creative starscapes.
30x magnification explained
The new Canon EOS Ra features a more powerful magnification review function for ex-amining images on the camera's LCD. With an incredible 30x magnification and the abil-ity to zoom in on images at 180%, users can inspect every detail and nuance in captured content.
Newly added IR filter array
The Canon EOS Ra is based on an existing EOS R model and has been modified for as-tro-photography. Featuring the new IR filter array in front of the sensor which enables four times as much Hydrogen Alpha light to be transmitted compared to the normal EOS R, this enables the camera to capture the distinct reddish colour of nebula which is im-possible on a traditional camera where the UV/IR cut filters block the IR light that gives these nebulae their red colour.
Capture glorious night-photography in 4K
Shoot 4K video and 4K time lapse sequences of the night sky using the EOS Ra and take advantage of incredible levels grading possibilities from 10bit Canon Log.
Canon EOS RA astrophotography Full Frame Mirrorless digital camera Specifications
|Sensor Type||6 x 4 mm CMOS|
|Megapixels||Approx. .7 megapixels|
|SO range||4K - Auto: 00-800, H: 5600, H: 000, H: 500, H: 0400, Full HD/HD - Auto: 00-5600, H: 000, H: 500, H:0400|
|Focus points||Manual Focus (Magnfy the image 5x, 0x or 0x at any point on screen) Autofocus: Dual pixel CMOS AF (Face detection and tracking AF, point AF, expand AF Area Zone AF, and Touch shutter)|
|Continuous shooting||Max. Approx. 8fps. speed mantaned for 00 JPeG or 47 RAW images, Max. 5fps with AF tracking|
|Video resolution||4K (6:9) 840 x 60, Full HD, HD|
|LCD Screen||8.0cm (.5") Clear view LCD , approx. .million dots|
|VewFinder||electronic viewfinder with image sensor|
|Wireless connectivity||Wireless LAN (80.b/g/n) (.4 GHz only), with Bluetooth support 9 Features supported - eOS UTilty, Smartphone, Upload to Web, Wireless Printing|
|Lens compatbility||RF (eF and eF-S lenses can be attached Using eF to eOS R Adapter, eF to eOS R Adapter with Control ring, eF to eOS R Drop n Filter Adapter; eF-M lenses not compatable)|
|Storage type||x SD/SDHC/SDxC and UHS-|
|Dimensions||5.8 x 98. x 84.4mm|
|Weight||Approx. 580 g (660 g with card and battery)|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 216|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 686|
|Weight (g): 19595|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.