- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III DSLR Body
The Canon EOS-1D X Mk III delivers blistering shooting at up to 20fps with 1000 shot buffer, the latest AF technology with high quality internal RAW and 4K video recording at 60p in a robust DSLR body
Earn 6349 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- Blistering speeds at up to 20fps with 1000 shot buffer
- Updated AF technology for relentless subject acquisition and tracking
- Fast, easy and secure data transfer
- High quality internal RAW and 4K video recording at 60p
- Magnesium Alloy construction with weather sealing
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary
The mark III features a series of upgrades specifically for professional and advanced amateur users, combining the best from both mirrorless and DSLRs in a true hybrid camera body. Specifications include:
New 20.1 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with huge dynamic range and ISO 100-102,400 expandable.
DIGIC X image processor for blazing speed, face recognition and superb image quality
Real-time, lag-free optical viewfinder shows events as they happen
Up to 20fps continuous shooting in Live View mode and at 16fps when using the optical viewfinder, buffering up to 1000 images with just two seconds to clear memory.
Programmed with real-world data from professional photographers. Subject lock even when foreground distractions enter the frame.
5.5K Raw video
Capture superb quality video footage with complete colour grading versatility.
Record full-frame video at up to 4K resolution at 60 fps with 120fps in Full HD.
Adds fast intuitive AF point selection, even when wearing gloves, ideal for fast moving subjects.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
Focuses with lightning speed when shooting stills, and smoothly when capturing video
Gigabit Ethernet and built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Connect from anywhere to send data to your client.
CANON EOS-1D X MARK III DSLR BODY IN DETAIL
The EOS-1D X Mark III offers an host of upgrades over the mark II ensuring the flagship Canon DSLR outperforms even the most accomplished systems. In Live View there are 525 AF areas using the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system. This covers 90% x 100% of the brand new 20.1MP image sensor for true full-frame AF capabilities. This uses the same autofocus algorithm as the optical viewfinder, ensuring photographers get enhanced flexibility when framing subjects, whether a race car on the track or a bird in flight.
The 1D X Mark III also supports significantly faster frame rates with the new Digic X processor with full AF and AE, using either the optical viewfinder (up to 16fps mechanical shutter) or Live View (up to 20fps both mechanical or electronic shutter). In addition to this are the camera’s dual CF express card slots, which enable 1000 shot buffering with just two seconds to clear the buffer. This blistering speed ensures the needs of the most demanding professionals are met whatever subjects they are shooting. The dual card slots in the 1D X III can be assigned individually to either still photos or video for ultimate speed and flexibility.
Videographers can bring stories to life with full-frame 4K resolution at 60p. This presents a true hybrid camera for professionals working on multimedia projects, saving the amount of gear they need to bring to assignments. Capture 5.5K RAW footage in-camera, which opens up new creative possibilities for any assignment.
File transfer is both quicker and more secure than ever with Gigabit Ethernet, built-in Wi-Fi as well as low power Bluetooth connectivity. Built in ethernet is twice as fast as with the 1D X II. You can also connect to two Wi-Fi networks. If one goes down, the camera picks up other network automatically and continues file transfers. Add the optional WFT-E9 for enhanced 5GHz 802.1ac.
The new DSLR body is a clear example of Canon’s commitment to continually pushing the boundaries of innovative imaging and advanced technology. The magnesium alloy body retains impressive build quality and durability, which will be instantly useable having similar ergonomics to the previous generation. Weather sealing has been prioritised with upgraded protection from water, dust and humidity. Innovative button illumination allows photographers to easily see camera controls in dark conditions. Additional controls for selecting AF points are have been added, built into the AF-ON button. This enables photographers to change AF points on the fly for a greatly improved workflow as well as the addition of glove-friendly touchscreen functionality. For ongoing performance the EOS 1D X Mark III now boasts over double the battery life over the mk II version, at up to 2850 shots.
- New AF sensor - 28x more resolution than the predecessor
- New AF algorithm with deep learning - Track with more consistent head detection, recognising the faces of athletes even when they are obscured by goggles or helmets.
- Massive AF coverage with 191 AF points
- -4 EV
- New 20.1MP CMOS sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF - 90 x 100% coverage (width x height)
- 525 selectable AF areas
- The low-pass filter has had a complete redesign, which now preserves fine detail and clarity
- Higher ISO Performance - Stills: 100-102400 expandable.
- 10 bit HEIF files - Shoot even higher image quality with no concurrent increase in file size, compared with JPEGs.
- Optical viewfinder - 16fps AF and AE with virtually no blackout
- Lightning fast 20fps in Live View
- Dual CFexpress cards - capture 1,000 shots in a continuous burst. Can be assigned individually to either still photos or video.
- Gigabit Ethernet, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - faster, more accurate and more stable than previously. The Bluetooth is low energy and the built in ethernet is twice as fast as 1D X II.
- Touch and Drag AF and AF frame movement (like a mouse upside down). Touch the AD on button to move the focussing frame. Activate AF on whilst holding button down.
- The camera automatically disables the vertical controller when you’re shooting horizontally to avoid accidental movements.
- IPv6 support
- Voice tag during transfer
- Improved setting wizard with offline configuration
- IPTC / network setting with APP.
- FTP wizard
- Film recording at 4K/60p
- 10-bit Canon Log
- Internal RAW Recording
- 5.5K Raw video
- 12-bit RAW
- Dual-Pixel CMOST AF for movie
- RAW internal recording
- Magnesium Alloy Body
- Illuminated buttons
- Dramatically improved battery life (approx. 3,000 – 1D X II was around 1,210)
- Camera doesn’t heat up when shooting, like other products do
- 3.2”, 2.1 million dot LCD touchscreen
|Sensor Type||Full-frame CMOS|
|ISO range||100-51200 (expandable to L:50 H1:102400)|
|Focus points||Dual Pixel CMOS AF II - 5940 Manual Select Areas|
|Continuous shooting||12fps mechanical, 20fps electronic|
|Video resolution||MP4: 8K / 4K / Full HD|
|LCD Screen||8cm Clear View LCD II (approx. 2.1 million dots)|
|viewfinder||0.5'' OLED colour EVF - 5.69 million dots|
|Wireless connectivity||Wireless LAN (IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/AC) (5Ghz /2.4 GHz)|
|GPS||GPS receiver (accessory)|
|Lens compatibility||RF Mount Mirrorless|
|Storage type||1x CFexpress type B. 1x SD/SDHC/SDXC and UHS-II|
|Dimensions||135.8mm x 97.5mm x 88mm|
|Weight||Approx. 650g. (738g. with card and battery)|
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Digital SLR Cameras|
|Model: Canon EOS-1D X|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 2850|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 20|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 20|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 168|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 158|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 1440|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 100 - 102400 (expands to 50 - 819200)|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 102400|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 819200|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 50|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 191|
|Number of white balance presets: 7|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: DIGIC X|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 2100000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 21|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Canon are pulling out all the stops with the extremely impressive Mk III EOS-1D X. For anyone working within sports, action or wildlife, this camera is a substantial upgrade with specific features aimed squarely at the most demanding professionals. The introduction of new autofocus algorithms, versatile ways of acquiring subjects and blistering speeds will tempt many existing and new users to this DSLR. Multimedia professionals benefit from 4K 60p recording, which satisfies most movie requirements today, along with RAW internal recording of 10-bit Canon Log. Dual CFexpress cards ensure storage keeps up with these new speeds and are independently controllable for stills or video recording.
Tight deadlines can be met with a host of faster connectivity options including Gigabit Ethernet and built-in Wi-Fi plus low energy Bluetooth. Transferring large, high resolution stills and video is now both quick and easy. Familiar ergonomics and impressive durability have been developed, along with several user friendly design updates for improved workflows. The sheer amount of Canon DSLR lenses and accessories available to compliment this new body provide users with a huge ecosystem, able to meet the demands of any working professional.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.