Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Standard Lens
One of Canon's flagship L series standard width lenses, the ultra fast EF 50mm f/1.2L USM gives precise control over depth of field along with fast autofocus using weather resistant materials.
- Popular with portrait photographers, this lens gives precise control over depth of field for full creative flexibility, whilst the fast maximum aperture delivers great shots in low light.
- Incredible image quality with extremely shallow depth of field
- Ultrasonic motor for fast, accurate focusing with full-time manual focusing
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens Summary
Maintain precise control of depth of field with this large maximum aperture lens, which is a consummate performer in low light.
- Flagship L Series Canon DSLR lens, made using the finest optics and durability
- Bright f/1.2 maximum aperture delivers incredibly shallow depth of field and ensures great shots in low light
- Fast, quiet autofocus with ring USM for full-time manual focusing
- Circular 8-blade diaphragm helps produce attractive background blur
- Super spectra coating reduces flare and ghosting
- 72mm filter diameter
- Dust and moisture resistant construction
- Supplied with lens hood and lens pouch
Extremely bright aperture
The large maximum aperture of f/1.2 provides outstanding speed particularly useful when shooting in low light. The capture therefore also provides fine control over focusing, allowing extremely shallow depth of field for creative effects and out of focus areas.
Smooth bokeh and defocus
With a circular aperture diaphragm out of focus areas of the image are softer and more uniform. Sharp foreground objects stand out against a smooth blurred background with pleasing rounded bokeh.
Fast AF system
A ring-type ultrasonic motor drives autofocus extremely quickly, and in near silence with Canon DSLR cameras. Excellent holding torque ensures the point of focus is accurately reached without overshooting. Full-time manual override is available making it possible to adjust focus without leaving AF mode. This is a useful feature which doesn’t require switching a lock to change between AF and MF.
Sharp results with controlled ghosting and flare
Canon’s Super Spectra coatings ensure accurate colour and enhance image contrast. Super Spectra coatings also reduce flare and ghosting which is a common problem caused by light bouncing off a camera's sensor, particularly with backlit subjects.
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens Specifications
Standard prime EF lens
Focal length range
f/1.2 - f/16
85.8 x 65.5mm
Magnification - Extension Tube EF12 II
Magnification - Extension Tube EF25 II
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 86|
|Length (mm): 66|
|Weight (g): 580|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: Yes|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 50 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 50|
|Maximum magnification: 0.15|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.2|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 50|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.45|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 8|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Super Spectra lens coatings and lens element shaping suppress flare and ghosting|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Popular with portrait photographers, this lens gives precise control over depth of field for full creative flexibility, whilst the fast maximum aperture delivers great shots in low light.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.