Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
The updated mark II Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM telephoto lens is a great choice for wildlife, sports or landscapes with L optical performance, image stabilisation and weather proofing.
- Zoom control customisation - meaning you can customise the feel dependent on your needs or the situation.
- Strong image stabilisation performance, reducing the effects of judder in those long distance shooting attempts.
- Versatility in its use - don't restrict it to just sports and wildlife - it's also very strong for getting landscape shots and for the bold, portraits too.
CANON EF 100-400MM F/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Key Specs
- 100-400mm zoom lens
- 4-stop image stabiliser
- Weather sealed against dust and moisture
- 9 aperture blades
- Filter size: 77mm
- f/4,5 at 100-134mm
- f/5.0 at 135-311mm
- f/5.6 at 312-400mm
- Lens hood, case, cap and dust cap all included in the box
- cameras: Canon EOS Digital SLRs
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens Specifications
Focal length range
f/4.5-5.6 - f/32-38
Yes - 4-stops
Canon EF-Mount DSLR
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Lenses EF mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 94|
|Length (mm): 193|
|Weight (g): 1570|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 100 - 400 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 400|
|Maximum magnification: 0.31|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4.5|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 100|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.98|
|Minimum aperture (number): 40|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Air Sphere, fluorine coatings; Super ED element|
|Tripod collar: Yes|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: Yes|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The second version of this popular telephoto lens had some big boots to fill, with the first iteration being released 16 years prior to this - obviously as it was a strong performer in its field. So how do you upgrade a feature laden lens? An extra aperture blade for smoother out-of-focus areas, better image stabilisation and nearer minimum focusing distance are just some ways to go about it!
This lens is the weapon of choice for those particularly interested in sport and wildlife photography, obviously aided by the great focal length variation, as well as on board image stabilisation that allows you to stop down 4 further stops.
Another selling point is the relatively compact size of the lens. Obviously with a telephoto with these focal lengths you expect some length and bulk, but Canon have really made the effort to keep this in as small a package as possible.
Fast, near-silent focusing makes this the ideal bed-partner for the Canon EOS 850D, also famed for its wildlife and sports photography performance - and in particular the incredibly good auto focusing ability.
As with every other Canon L lens, the build quality is key - and the weather sealed body will protect against dust and moisture when you're out and about trying to get 'the' shot.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.