Blackmagic Video Assist 5" Field Monitor and Recorder
Blackmagic Design Video Assist 5" Field Monitor and Recorder
Add professional monitoring and high-quality recording to virtually any camera with the Blackmagic Video Assist. It features a 5" 1920 x 1080 display to help you frame and focus your shots, and provides 6G-SDI and HDMI inputs for recording the video output from professional and consumer cameras. The Video Assist records 10-bit 4:2:2 video up to 1080p60 to high-speed U1 SDHC/XC memory cards using industry-standard Apple ProRes (HQ, 422, LT, or Proxy) and Avid DNx codecs. A touchscreen interface allows you to adjust settings and access monitoring features such as histogram, zebra, focus peaking, audio meters, timecode display, and more. To power the monitor, a 110-240V AC power adapter is included. It also has dual battery slots on the rear that you power the monitor using Canon LP-E6 type batteries.
5" Full HD Display
The front of the monitor features a bright 5" 1920 x 1080 display for evaluating your shots. On-screen controls allow you to vary the brightness and contrast depending on the shooting situation, and the wide 135° viewing angle makes it easy for multiple crew members to watch at the same time. It even auto rotates so no matter which way you mount it, the picture is always displayed correctly.
The 5" display provides intuitive capacitive touchscreen controls. Swipe gestures make it simple and quick to show or hide settings, such as capture resolution and format, as well as screen brightness and contrast. Swipe in another direction and you'll have access to additional controls, recording status, histogram, audio level, timecode, battery status, and more. The controls have a semi-transparent overlay, so you can still be able to keep an eye on every part of your shots.
6G-SDI and HDMI Connections
Video and audio are captured using 6G-SDI and HDMI 1.4 inputs, allowing you to record from professional cameras and camcorders, as well as popular DSLRs and mirrorless cameras. The 6G-SDI input even allows you to monitor Ultra HD footage. Loop-through outputs are provided so you can simultaneously display the live video or recorded clips on larger screens like HD broadcast monitors or HDMI projectors while you monitor and record on the Video Assist. Audio is embedded in the output and can also be monitored on headphones using the 3.5mm stereo jack.
10-Bit 4:2:2 ProRes & DNxHD Recording
The Blackmagic Video Assist records your video at the 10-bit 4:2:2 quality. Files are recorded on to high-speed U1 SD cards, using Apple ProRes (HQ, 422, LT, Proxy) or DNxHD codecs. These are industry-standard formats, so you can start editing immediately without having to convert the files. Recording can be automatically triggered on your Blackmagic Video Assist from the start/stop button on compatible cameras, so you can remain focused on getting the shot without having to worry about operating additional gear.
A universal 110V to 240V AC power supply so you can use the Video Assist anywhere. Plug the AC adapter into the 12V DC input you get continuous power, or run off of dual Canon compatible LP-E6 type batteries. Intelligent battery management will use the battery with less charge first, then immediately switch to the other battery without interrupting recording. When connected to AC power, the batteries can be charged in parallel while the Video Assist is still being used.
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: Video Recorders & Monitors|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.