Benro Polaris Astro 3-Axis Head
The Benro Polaris Astro 3-Axis Head is the world's first smart electric tripod head with camera con-troller, remote preview and WiFi/Cellular control which enables you to capture amazing astro imag-es with Star Tracking.
- Amazing new tripod head concept which combines photography with astro tracking, motion timelapse and more
- Remote control electric head which can be controlled over WiFi and with your smartphone using a free app
- Preview, review and download files from anywhere whilst still controlling your camera remotely
- Robust and durable build with aluminium and stainless steel components built to withstand even the harshest environments
- Enjoy long battery life with around 24 hours of continuous use to capture breathtaking timelapse
Benro Polaris Astro 3-Axis Head Summary
Arriving as an entirely new concept, the Benro Polaris Astro 3-Axis Head is the world’s first electric tripod head to feature an integrated camera interface controller. Polaris Astro not only allows you to adjust the composition of a photo, but offers intelligent features, allowing you to program the head and capture a series of photographs, track and take long exposures of stars, as well as create high resolution motion timelapse images.
Polaris offers a wireless connection so you can remotely control the head. You can also preview, review and download files via a dedicated app from virtually anywhere and the head only weighs 1.5kg so you can hike to distant shots without a huge weight penalty.
Key Benro Polaris Astro Head Features
- Remote control electric tripod head for astro, timelapse and tracking
- Control from virtually anywhere via WiFi and Cellular connection
- Preview, review, and download files quickly and from anywhere
- Intelligent image analysis which automatically adjusts image exposure and sharpness
- Long life battery with up to 24 hours of operation
- Make micro adjustments with high-precision brushless motors via app or manually using physical knobs
- Built-in GPS and compass
- Supports camera equipment up to 7kg
- Micro SD slot for onboard media storage
- Preset modes such as People Remover, Panorama, Motion Timelapse, Dynamic Exposure Timelapse, Focus Stacking and Star Tracking (Astro Version only)
- Also available as 2-Axis timelapse Polaris head
Benro Polaris Astro 3-Axis Head in More Detail
Shoot remotely from anywhere
Polaris enables remote precision whether you're adjusting a photo composition, or programming the geared head and camera to capture a series of photographs to create a motion timelapse. The head supports WiFi or Cellular connection and you can preview, review and download files from anywhere.
Capture the very best moments
An intuitive app based pre-programming and electro-motion system allows you to customise your own shooting schedule or routine. Simply frame the shot by adjusting your pitch and pan angles, then check and input parameters such as ISO, aperture, shutter and more. Then Polaris takes care of shooting without the need to even snap the shutter.
Polaris is so smart that it analyses your shots and automatically dials in exposure values and sharpens details, which can save time by removing the need for image retouching, focus stacking and time-lapse.
Smooth and Precise
Polaris is more than simply a remote tripod head, with high-precision brushless motors that provide control over micro adjustments to frame vertically and horizontally, in a similar way to a geared 3-way head. This allows anyone from beginner level to tune-in the perfect composition by adjusting the head via the app or manually using the physical knobs.
A built in GPS and compass help to determine celestial paths and adjust camera angles for you to shoot the perfect starry sky or hone in on a breathtaking timelapse of a stunning landscape during sunrise or sunset.
Robust build quality
Polaris is made to endure harsh outdoor conditions with aluminium alloy and stainless steel. With an IPX6 waterproof level, Polaris resists water and dust even when it comes as a splash, light rain, or a heavy storm, so you can continue shooting whatever the weather.
Long battery life
A high-efficiency power supply system with low consumption ensures reliability and durability with up to 24 hours per on a single charge.
microSD card slot
Polaris has a redundant onboard and swappable microSD card slot that ensures no images are lost from any shoot. It also enables the head to do some rapid editing for you while in the field. This intelligent electric tripod head can render Path-lapses, Panoramas and more, while quickly displaying previously shot images on your phone for unparalleled convenience and accuracy in the field.
The Benro Polaris Astro 3-Axis Tripod Head offers a revolutionary solution to a traditional tripod head design. It’s the world’s first electric tripod head to offer the level of features and level of control, which it is capable of. You can create beautifully sharp tracked astro images, and presets in the head enable you to shoot Panoramas, Motion Timelapse, Dynamic Exposure Timelapse as well as Focus Stacking for sharp results when capturing landscapes, cityscapes and more.
The free app lets you control the head from virtually anywhere as well as preview and download images for review. The Polaris Astro head will also remove people from your shots with a predefined ‘people remover’ function and intelligently edits images to sharpen subjects and adjust exposure, which saves post processing time after your shoot if desired.
Build quality is high with aluminium and stainless steel components resulting in IPX6 waterproof, yet the head only weighs 1.5kg so you can hike to distant compositions. Internal motors offer extremely precise and smooth micro adjustments whether through the app or manually using the tripod head knobs. This means anyone from amateur to advanced professional can now create incredible images and content of everything from astro photography to landscapes and more, with an intelligent electric tripod head.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.