Azden SGM-3500L Broadcast Spec Shotgun Microphone Hypercardioid
The Azden SGM-3500L Shotgun Mic offers a focused Hypercardioid polar pattern for professional Broadcast with an ultra-low noise floor at 13 dB, all metal brass body and the highest detail and nuance.
Adhering to Azden’s highest engineering and performance standards, the 3500 series shotgun microphones are designed to satisfy the needs of even the most fastidious audio and video professionals.
Measuring nearly 10” in length, the SGM-3500L’s long interference tube creates an exaggerated directional pickup pattern for extreme off-axis sound rejection, especially at the higher frequencies. This quality makes it exceptionally well suited for boom pole work in professional video production.
- Broadcast Spec Shotgun Microphone - hypercardioid
- Extremely Low Self-Noise
- The 3500 series boasts an ultra-low noise floor at 13 dB (A weighted), for crystal clear audio
- Tuned for Speech Capture
- Frequency response is boosted in the area of 5 kHz to 10 kHz where speech articulation is most present
- All Metal Brass Body
- Provides optimal RF rejection and durability
- High Sensitivity Mic Element
- Captures a level of detail and nuance beyond any other Azden microphone
- Wide Frequency Response
- From 40 Hz to 20,000 Hz with roll off at the first octave to avoid low frequency noise
- Focused Directionality
- The SGM-3500L offers a focused hypercardioid polar pattern
- 10 Year Warranty
- Backed by Azden’s longest warranty term, unmatched by other microphones in this class
- Connector Type: 3-pin XLR
- Dimensions: 3500: 180 mm x φ19 mm (7.08” x φ0.75”), 3500L: 247 mm x φ19 mm (9.72” x φ0.75”)
- Directionality: Hypercardioid
- Dynamic Range: 118 dB
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz – 20 kHz
- Impedance: 120 Ω (at 1 kHz)
- Microphone Type: Condenser
- Noise Floor: 13 dB (A weighted)
- Power Requirement: 48 V DC Phantom (±4 V )
- S/N Ratio: 82 dB (1 kHz at 1 Pa)
- Sensitivity: 3500: -31 dB, 3500L: -28 dB, at 1 kHz (0 dB = 1 V/Pa)
- SPL (Sound Pressure Level) : 130 dB SPL (1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.)
- Weight: 140 g (5.0 oz), 3500L: 170 g (6.0 oz)
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.