Atomos Ninja V Pro Kit
This product is no longer available
The Atomos Ninja V Pro Kit includes a 5-inch 4K HDR HDMI Monitor-Recorder and AtomX SDI Module with RAW over SDI Pre-Activated for up to 6K 12-bit RAW and the ability to cross convert signals.
Sell or Trade-in
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Atomos Ninja V Pro Kit With AtomX SDI Module Summary
UP TO 6K RAW RECORDING VIA HDMI AND SDI!
The Ninja V Pro Kit has been designed to bridge the gap between compact cinema and mirrorless cameras that can output RAW via HDMI or SDI. Pro Kit also pushes the limits of these cameras, recording up to 6K 12-bit RAW* externally on the Ninja’s onboard SSD. Pro Kit also provides the ability to cross convert signals providing a versatile solution for monitoring and playout/review.
* with compatible cameras
EVERYTHING YOU'D EXPECT FROM NINJA V
The robust aluminium 5″ monitor-recorder allows for a compact rig set-up for camera owners and operators to work with all the latest cameras. Perfect for run and gun productions, documentary filmmaking and for those close-up shots that require the camera operator to be flexible or mobile.
The Ninja V’s compact 5″ 1000nit screen is designed to provide a foundation for scalability and modularity. Combined with the AtomX SDI module and some serious tuning under the hood the Pro Kit provides the ability to record RAW via SDI from some of the best compact cinema cameras on the market.
No RAW, no problem. The Ninja V monitor-recorder is a flexible tool that can work as an HDMI/SDI ProRes monitor-recorder. Worry less when it comes to battery management and excess weight as the Pro Kit is designed to be powered via DTap from your camera battery or rig. Pro Kit also includes an AtomX 5″ Sunhood providing increased monitoring options outdoors, and reduced ambient light for when monitoring in HDR.
POWERFUL & VERSATILE I/O
Adding dual 12G SDI connectivity expands the compatibility with other cameras to provide offboard 10-bit 422 recording in edit-ready codecs or as proxy files from RED or Arri cameras allowing the file naming and timecode from the camera to also be carried via SDI to the recorded files.
And of course the Ninja V also provides support for RAW over HDMI from our evergrowing roster of mirrorless cameras including the Sony Alpha 7S III, Z CAM E-2 Series, Nikon Z-Series, Lumix S Series, Olympus OM-D EM-1X, Olympus OM-D M1 MkIII and more
THE FLEXIBILITY TO SUIT ANY PRODUCTION
In playback mode, the Ninja V Pro Kit provides a lossless signal distribution with 2 x 12G SDI and 1 x HDMI 2.0 for simultaneous outputs up to 4K p60. When used in combination with the Ninja’s playlist functionality it provides a fast and convenient way to review content or show a highlight reel. RAW inputs can also be de-bayered in real-time and non-standard high resolutions are processed to SMPTE standard output formats. Convert to HLG, PQ or your choice of 3D LUT can also be applied to allow for RAW or LOG content to be viewed with the correct application of artistic intent.
EXISTING NINJA V AND SDI MODULE OWNERS
For existing Ninja V and SDI module owners, you will have the opportunity to upgrade your monitor and module with a paid upgrade to enable RAW over SDI from the selected cameras.
The Activation Key for SDI RAW and HDMI RAW to SDI Video can be purchased via your my.atomos.com account.
ACCURATE AND RELIABLE DAYLIGHT VIEWABLE HDR OR SDR
With 1000nits, high pixel density the 5” screen provides clear and accurate monitoring for HDR and SDR. Using the AtomHDR engine the Ninja V provides a managed colour pipeline, matching the camera Gamma and Gamut on the input and select to view this as 709, Log with a 3DLUT or utilise the engine to accurately map the dynamic range of your camera LOG to HLG or PQ HDR standards.
Whilst other monitors might boast a brightness of over 2000nits, the perceptual benefit can be limited. Simply opting for an increased backlight with no regard for the quality of the image can defeat the point in an external monitor. The Ninja V focuses on image integrity but to increase the perceived brightness in the most difficult bright conditions or to dial out ambient light to increase the view in HDR, the Pro Kit includes the AtomX 5” Sunhood. Simply clip on the mount frame and insert the hood, even leave the frame in place to provide added protection for your monitor.
PROFESSIONAL MONITORING FEATURES
- 1920 x 1080px
- 427ppi Screen Resolution
- Log to PQ/HLG
- Realtime HDR
- High Bright Display
- ProRes RAW
- ProRes and Avid DNx Recording
- Focus Peaking
- Adjustable Zebras
- False Colour
HDMI-TO-SDI CROSS CONVERSION
Adding the SDI module to the Ninja V Platform more than doubles it’s I/O functionality. To complement the inputs, HDMI or SDI connections can be cross converted, DCI cropped and 4k to HD down converts for video signals to provide a bridge between equipment such as EVFs, wireless TX/RX without the need for additional converters.
NINJA V PRO KIT POWER OPTIONS
The Pro Kit offers 3 ways to power your Ninja:
In the Studio you can use the included DC power supply with the lockable jack to connect to the Ninja V and with the international power plugs, you’ll be covered wherever your work might take you.
On-set via the included DTap cable to connect to your choice of battery with a DTap output meaning your camera rig can run from a single power source.
On the move with a compact rig you also have the choice to run the Ninja directly from an optional NPF battery or any 4 cell NPF you might have in your kit bag.
THE PRORES RAW ADVANTAGE
ProRes RAW is now firmly established as the new standard for RAW video capture, with an ever-growing number of supported HDMI and SDI cameras. ProRes RAW combines the visual and workflow benefits of RAW video with the incredible real-time performance of ProRes.
The format gives filmmakers enormous latitude when adjusting the look of their images and extending brightness and shadow detail, making it ideal for HDR workflows. Both ProRes RAW, and the higher bandwidth, less compressed ProRes RAW HQ are supported.
Manageable file sizes speed up and simplify file transfer, media management, and archiving. ProRes RAW is fully supported in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer 2020.10 update, along with a collection of other apps including ASSIMILATE SCRATCH, Colorfront, FilmLight Baselight and Grass Valley Edius.
What’s in the box
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!